General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I don't think they'd say no media day so early on if it was because of injury. They'd cancel it a bit closer to the date, depending on how he healed. There's still almost a month to go.

Good point. If it was something bad enough that they know this far ahead of time that it can't be done, then there's no way he'd be able to compete at ACI. Especially since media day is something he has a lot of control over wrt the kind of footage that is released, any injury he'd recover from in time for ACI, he'd probably be able to give enough footage to give the impression that nothing's wrong. Like how if we watched FaOI highlights, we wouldn't know how many 4Lz and 4F falls there were! 

Thank you for pointing that out, it's probably something else altogether, not an injury. 

I think it’s a timing issue plus what people were saying earlier in this thread - there’s a lot of intensity and purposefulness (is that a word?) this summer.  I don’t think he wants the distraction or the disruption of media day in the short time before ACI.  And does he need to do it if it doesn’t fit with his personal schedule of how this season starts out? - everyone is primed and ready without an official unveiling these days, and his status is such that JSF and media will put up with whatever he chooses to do.

Remember how two years ago he dropped that perfect Chopin on us and we were all like 'uh oh has he peaked too early' and then he dropped that Seimei on us and we were all very 'hehehe guys I don't think we need to worry about him peaking early'? 

And then last season's ACI of 'I wanna focus on doing what I love, points don't mean everything' and then that flop on his Otonal spin and then 'points, points are everything'?

And this time we'll get everything dropped on us at once?

We'll need ACI support group at this rate.

23 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I think it’s a timing issue plus what people were saying earlier in this thread - there’s a lot of intensity and purposefulness (is that a word?) this summer.  I don’t think he wants the distraction or the disruption of media day in the short time before ACI.  And does he need to do it if it doesn’t fit with his personal schedule of how this season starts out? - everyone is primed and ready without an official unveiling these days, and his status is such that JSF and media will put up with whatever he chooses to do.

Well, last year even Shoma had a media day, as reigning Olympic vice-champion. But I think this year they'll all agree it's best to just work and leave the marketing stuff for other times.

But I also think it's a timing issue. Although JGP assignments haven't been announced yet, mostly, they start in a month and that'd be pretty much around ACI time. I'm not sure how many juniors TCC has now, but usually there were quite a few. And the Russian test skates last year were early in September (couldn't find when they are this year), so overall it's quite hard to plan anything from 20th August on. And before that would likely be too early for whatever Yuzu is working on...

Sad for no media day. No health update, no influx of news, no footage, nothing 😱 suddenly summer feels way too long :64341262:

Also, LOL at the pages bump😅 when no news is the news:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:

Ok technically ACI is real news, happy for all the satellites who'll be there! It was a great bet for you!:tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

9 hours ago, fyere0 said:

:muahaha:  :LOL:  :darklordyuzu:

Hide contents

TrollYuzu: I'm repeating both my programs.

TrollYuzu: Actually I'm repeating one of my programs, but I'm not telling you which one.

TrollYuzu: Actually I'm repeating something but I don't want you to know my crazy layout.

TrollYuzu: Actually both my programs are new, I just don't want you to see them before they're ready.

TrollYuzu: Actually both my programs are new and will be ready, I just want to shock you with my crazy layout live.

TrollYuzu: Actually both my programs are new and will be ready, I just want to shock you with how scandalous they are live.

TrollYuzu: Actually both my programs are new and will be ready, I just don't want whining about warhorses for the next month.

TrollYuzu: Actually I don't have any programs yet so they won't be ready.

TrollYuzu: Actually I'll be in Japan then for something.

TrollYuzu: Actually I'll be in Japan then for something so I'm holding it in Japan.

TrollYuzu: Actually I'll be yeeting off to Switzerland to torment Shoma.

TrollYuzu: Actually I'll be yeeting off to Russia to torment Eteri.

TrollYuzu: Actually I'll be yeeting off to Spain to cuddle Javi.

TrollYuzu: Actually I'll be yeeting off to China to steal Boyang's 4Lz.

TrollYuzu: Actually Brian will be yeeting off to China and I can't have Media Day without him.

TrollYuzu: Actually I'm going to Niagara Falls that day!

TrollYuzu: Actually I'm growing my hair out and it'll be in that bad stage where you can't leave it down but you can't put it up and I don't want anyone to see it until it gets longer.

TrollYuzu: Actually I shaved my head and regret it.

TrollYuzu: Actually - none of this is true.

TrollYuzu: But with zero effort on my part, you're all talking about me now, aren't you? :)

So accurate:shocked:

7 hours ago, Katt said:

Maybe he decide to focus more on training. Lets be real, doing media day for 2 days, with multiple journalists and cameras require some preparations, physically and mentality. I just hope its not relate to his rehab or injuries. 

I was thinking that maybe he wants to avoid focusing on being in almost-peak mid Aug...after all, the last two seasons he'd been amazing in summer, great condition, and then injured in Nov (and yeah injures were all accidental but maybe he wants to switch gears mentally so he won't go into the season feeling some deja vu)

Plus, maybe with ShaeLynn moving(and very busy), there's additional difficulty having all people needed in one place + maybe he'd need to do some traveling himself (if he hasn't got his programs earlier, or if he isn't keeping Origin). 

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

certain kitty: Over and over again I will try to improve myself. I hope for your further support.:tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:

we, fools: Yes, Zuzu! We will always love you.:loveshower:

certain kitty: So, I'm not doing media day this year...:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

Certain kitty: now you've said it, you can't take it back :kitty:

all according to his plan

:muahaha:

2 hours ago, yumeaki said:

Thankfully ACI is slightly less than 2 months away.

:13877886:

right when I thought I could see the end of the drought, *a certain someone* moved the goalpost of one month😱

(I still love you, Zu! Trollness and all)

I guess I can focus on...you now, holydays things like actually relaxing and not worrying about missing updates or moaning because no connection on my phone.. 

45 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I don't think they'd say no media day so early on if it was because of injury. They'd cancel it a bit closer to the date, depending on how he healed. There's still almost a month to go.

Good point :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

6 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Can he at least tell us his music choices so we can have something to discuss to death and beyond while waiting  

Of course not, that'd be OOC for the tease that he is lol

Honestly, part of me wants new programs and new costumes partly just because being there last year to hear the full program cuts for the first time and see the costume reveals in front of my eyes was so much fun! lol I'm traveling halfway around the world again for him, the least he can do is give me that experience again lol

Oh and that reminds me that there was some talk of costumes the other day here, I think? I can say this, all Yuzu costumes I saw him wearing in real life, no pictures or videos could really do them justice. They were SO much more stunning in real life. The only costumes that didn't impress me as much were the ones I saw at that Takashimaya exhibition, on mannequeins. I guess they were missing the Yuzu factor lol They were impressive in terms of how they were put together, but there was no Woah moment. (And White Legend was my surprising favorite, although usually I adore H&L the most of those on display then.)