General Yuzuru Chat

I saw a Pooh bear at Disneyland today and all I can remember is Yuzu. I saw a Yuzu citrus fruit drink at Starbucks and all I can remember is Yuzu. Being a Fanyu is hard, I guess. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha my life is never the same

29 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

I saw a Pooh bear at Disneyland today and all I can remember is Yuzu. I saw a Yuzu citrus fruit drink at Starbucks and all I can remember is Yuzu. Being a Fanyu is hard, I guess. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha my life is never the same

Same here. He is everywhere. Last fall, I was eagerly waiting for the first Origin competition and I swear I heard the first notes of the music from a car engine in the street... :1:

6 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Same here. He is everywhere. Last fall, I was eagerly waiting for the first Origin competition and I swear I heard the first notes of the music from a car engine in the street... :1:

This vaguely reminds me that a month or two ago, there were two car commercials on TV. One had Sing Sing Sing as the music, the other had Smile. And just yesterday I saw a commercial at the movies, with The Impossible Dream. Yuzu and Javi music everywhere... But yes, yuzu flavored stuff and Poohs remind me of Yuzu. There's a tiny Pooh for sale at a newspaper stand I pass by every morning lol I can at least say I was obsessed with sakura stuff long before HYK, though.

Oh and speaking of Yuzu flavored stuff, I don't know if it's known here, but at Ice Rink Sendai, if you buy goods over a certain amount (forgot how much... 5000 yen, maybe?), they give you a badge and a bag of Irene candy, which is typical Japanese candy, round and with a skate in the middle, and the flavor is yuzu & honey lol.

Picture of the bag, badge, the two music boxes I got there (and the Sendai Coca Cola bottle, just because I got them all the same day ^_^; ) under spoiler, because it's big:

Spoiler

7PAX4wa.jpg?1

6 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Before the cute fan arts, herebelow we have the Thing Itself - the ANA Sea Turtle planes.  I am not trying to advertise for ANA - I don't like commercialization of valuable things - but you have to admit this plane is "kawaii" adorkable.   And while riding one of the most intense carbon emitting transportation device, you could take some solace that you are bringing global attention to the plight of the Sea Turtles.   

I expect we will see @Henni147 on board very soon. 

:offtopic2:

I'm so torn :59227c768286a__s: Of course airplanes are advanced pollution masters. However, I had one flight in the last 8 years, never been on a cruiser... Mommy Nature could turn a blind eye this once... aye? :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

PS: I could write a page-long report about the two weeks with my little soulmates, but that would be way too OT :xD:

9 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

This vaguely reminds me that a month or two ago, there were two car commercials on TV. One had Sing Sing Sing as the music, the other had Smile. And just yesterday I saw a commercial at the movies, with The Impossible Dream. Yuzu and Javi music everywhere... But yes, yuzu flavored stuff and Poohs remind me of Yuzu. There's a tiny Pooh for sale at a newspaper stand I pass by every morning lol I can at least say I was obsessed with sakura stuff long before HYK, though.

Oh and speaking of Yuzu flavored stuff, I don't know if it's known here, but at Ice Rink Sendai, if you buy goods over a certain amount (forgot how much... 5000 yen, maybe?), they give you a badge and a bag of Irene candy, which is typical Japanese candy, round and with a skate in the middle, and the flavor is yuzu & honey lol.

Picture of the bag, badge, the two music boxes I got there (and the Sendai Coca Cola bottle, just because I got them all the same day ^_^; ) under spoiler, because it's big:

Reveal hidden contents

7PAX4wa.jpg?1

I have to go to Sendai one day. My mind is set on the task! 

:darklordyuzu:

7 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Before the cute fan arts, herebelow we have the Thing Itself - the ANA Sea Turtle planes.  I am not trying to advertise for ANA - I don't like commercialization of valuable things - but you have to admit this plane is "kawaii" adorkable.   And while riding one of the most intense carbon emitting transportation device, you could take some solace that you are bringing global attention to the plight of the Sea Turtles.   

I expect we will see @Henni147 on board very soon. 

This is BEYOND ADORABLE

13 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

Tell Hanyu there is a Pooh bear tissue case like his at Disneyland. Lol. 

Then you should buy it and throw it on the ice for him at the next competition. He'd probably be delighted to get another tissue case. :10815002:

He said in an interview recently that he thinks that those cases are not being manufactured anymore. That's why he's using his very carefully.

15 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I agree, I would also be surprised if he did 4A in the SP. I think the only way it would make sense would be if he had practiced emergency popping to 3A, so he can improvise if it goes wrong without requiring extra effort (as in he can add a quad and a combo and still be ok). Even popping to 2A would be ok-ish, but... yeah.

If he seriously plans on doing all the quads (whether this season or next season or whenever), I believe he will split them up. Do one big/new quad in the SP - MAYBE - and do the rest in the free. Remember his ideal Origin layout started with 4A 4Lz. Maybe keep 4Lo for the short, as he has some practice with it so it's safer. Then go crazy and do 4A, 4Lz and 4F in the free, probably as the first three jumps... After all, Yuzu is no stranger to recovering and regrouping from mistakes early in the program. And the earlier they happen, the easier it is for him to find solutions and improvise. We've all agreed by now that the gong in Origin was for 4A. And it also explains why the beginning of the program is fairly empty by his standards.

My biggest wonder is whether he'll try to find another program that can accommodate his crazy ideas or stick to Origin. The problem with Origin is that it's actually really demanding and overall busy and stamina wise, it'd be really hard to do all those quads and still manage the rest of the program. Even at Worlds, where it was wonderful, he was pretty slow and that's possibly where he lost some PCS. And that was with just the usual quads. So actually a slightly more mellow program might work better... but then again mellow and a ton of quads doesn't seem like it'd go well. (I now think maybe H&L worked so well because it was a fairly calm program, so it wasn't as hard to maintain the stamina needed for 4 perfect quads and 2 3As.)

I'm curious about his free program choice, too - whether Origin stays even though it's a demanding and fast program or he choses something else, as you say more mellow, maybe slow. 

In the long term, I agree that spitting up the big jumps may be a solution, as @LadyLou mentioned too he needs to consider his stamina and the burden of his ankle and at the same time, consider BV too. 

13 hours ago, Henni147 said:

However, in the current inflation and judging madness Yuzu might need 4A, 4Lz or 4F to win the short without relying on others' mistakes. I don't know, if 4S and 4T guarantee a safe lead, when others skate clean with 4F and 4Lz. It shouldn't be, but I fear that it will be... :13877886:

It was pointed out already, but if he doesn't do 4S he could do 4Lo or maybe 4Lz, depending how he'll improve it with it.

But 4A? :noshake:

10 hours ago, LadyLou said:

it's unlikely Yuzu will bring Nessie directly for the SP, the SP is not much about scaring the comp but getting a nice placement that can make you "relaxed" for the FS and remind judges you're a contender.

SP must be a balance of BV + what you can do consistently with some quality and the "advantage" the 4A gives over a 4Lz is just 1 point of BV.... virtually cancelled by the much higher risks inherent to Nessie being...Nessie, the hardest jump (negative GOEs even on a fully rotated jump are more likely compared to "easier" quads since it's harder to control, higher risk of fall...and relative risk of injury)

I can't even predict if Yuzuru will have 4Lo or 4Lz in the SP in place of 4S, each choice has its pro and cons, but for 4A the cons would be significantly more than the pros, IMO. So when Nessie will appear, it will likely be in the FS first, and even in that case I wonder which other jumps he'll do, to choose form his repertoire he'll need to consider not only BV but also stamina consistency and burden on his ankle (and body in general). I'm curious about which strategy Yuzuru will go for:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

But I'm sure that if he has a new SP he won't start the season without backloading the combo. Chill Yuzu of ACI Otonal was...well, an exception:10814716:

:iagree:SP is about what the skater can do consistently with quality and it's not about experimenting with layouts or taking too big risks. The one point BV advantage of 4A is really not much at all, but the risk of mistakes/negative GOEs and even injury is so high that a more consistent quad with less BV but with high GOE is more rewarding and can bring more points to the table.

7 hours ago, Anki said:

On the risk of 4A, if he can learn to if he pops, he only pops it to 3A or 2A at most, he can still make up the BV difference by swapping a later planned 3A into a quad in either SP or LP. 

Not sure we would see an emergency 4A even in the FS, in the SP definitely not..especially if the planned 3A was in the second half of the program. It's just...incredibly hard even with a jump that's been really consistent, and we're talking about Nessie here, not just any quad. :13877886:

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Then you should buy it and throw it on the ice for him at the next competition. He'd probably be delighted to get another tissue case. :10815002:

He said in an interview recently that he thinks that those cases are not being manufactured anymore. That's why he's using his very carefully.

I bought a pooh water container instead hahahahahahahhaha