General Yuzuru Chat

On 6/6/2019 at 6:44 AM, Ashley2162018 said:

Sometimes I wonder how hard Yuzu works on the gym to get those muscles.

Actually I've seen a lot of moments of training on Gabby's instagram and boy some of her exercises are to die for. They need to have abs of steel so definitely they will be so good at calisthenics (not to the level of doing the human flag on a pole for example, but abs exercises they might do will be easier versions of that I presume). And definitely I would say 2 hours of off-ice training per day, maybe with one day rest per week. Maybe Yuzuru does less. I do believe his genetics allow him to train less than others and get better results. I mean, that is also because he is a genius in his training method, so his training hours are more effective and less time-consuming. This is because he trains with mind and body together, whereas I've experienced myself that if you train the body, but the mind does not fully understand what you have to do and what the body has to feel like... you won't go far lol! 

So I like his way of explaining jumps which seems like he speaks a mysterious language of sounds: it's exactly that, the mind that understands the body, and the body doesn't talk with words, the body talks with sounds and feelings. Aaaah sport is such a marvellous thing!