General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Am I correct? Yuzu's signature is now a mix of Kanji (surname) and Katakana (first name) + mini skating boot? That is lovely :tumblr_inline_ngf9rmaDKb1qid2nw:

This is a bit OT, but can anyone relate? :13877886:

Hide contents

Yesterday I spent three hours on a railway and a guy with a grey UA backpack was sitting opposite me... I said to myself:

"No, Henni. You won't ask him about that friggin backpack. Discipline yourself."

His signature is just last name ('Hanyu' in kanji) + mini skating boot. The hiragana 'yori' actually means 'from'. 

But I absolutely adore that mini skating boot! 

And I totally understand you too! UA is not a sports brand that I will consider in the past but now I will drop in whenever I pass by a boutique. 

In all the discussion about how Yuzu developed into the young man he has, a young man with great regard for family, country and the world at large, who recognizes that the best things in life are not the things you receive but the things you give, one element has been absent in the proceedings, an element that Yuzu himself has said had a very considerable effect on him and helped him put a great many things into perspective - the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.  We have to remember that it was a sixteen-year old Yuzuru who was skating on the ice at approximately 2:46 PM on the 11th of March in 2011 when suddenly it seemed like the world was coming to an end.  Sendai was the major city closest to the epicenter of the quake and so we can be sure that the shaking there was much greater than what we have seen in videos made in Tokyo of the event.  Around him the ice was cracking, pipes were bursting and for a few shattering minutes Yuzu had the very real fear that he was about to die.  He scrambled from the rink without even removing his skates, worrying that any second the whole building might come down on him.  Fortunately it remained standing, though badly damaged.  There followed then for Yuzu and his family three days and nights amongst fellow evacuees in a crowded high school gym waiting for clearance to return to their house.  During those days and nights Yuzu gained real insights into how people react in extremis and a keen awareness of how fragile the lives we lead are.  It is this experience which has been grafted onto the attitudes of that young urchin so easily grinning we have seen of Yuzu before the quake.  The grins were still there after the quake but they were backed by an awareness that not all of life was meant to be 'grinnable'.  He remembers those days in that high school gym and he knows that there are still many thousands of his countrymen still lodged in temporary housing.  That plus the solid family backing he has had has resulted in the Yuzu we see today, a young man wise beyond his years and who knows that while there are many opportunities in life that invite a grin, there are others for which a smile and a grin are not appropriate.  He knows that life can be wonderful but he also knows that life can be deadly.  There aren't many skaters out there who have stared death in the face and that is why Yuzu stands out so much in that crowd.  

37 minutes ago, Kim Nhung said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I've always wondered why Yuzu and Shoma Uno have had no shows together for a long while (or ever?). It's because of the organizers put it that way? 

He had shows together with Yuzu, he was at FaOI until 2017 and he also did Heroes and Future last year. I think Shoma is just busy with other shows (he's doing SOI, PIW, All That Skate, The Ice and Friends on Ice this season), so he doesn't have time for FaOI.

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

Guys, what is the June 9th broadcast in FaOI page? Can anyone clarify it? 

https://fantasy-on-ice.com/broadcast.html

Makuhari on TV Asahi

4 hours ago, yumeaki said:

His signature is just last name ('Hanyu' in kanji) + mini skating boot. The hiragana 'yori' actually means 'from'. 

But I absolutely adore that mini skating boot! 

Thank you! Aye, now I can see the Hiragana, too. The first pic was a bit blurry.

So his signature means "from Hanyu, the figure skater", aye? :notamused:

24 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

He had shows together with Yuzu, he was at FaOI until 2017 and he also did Heroes and Future last year. I think Shoma is just busy with other shows (he's doing SOI, PIW, All That Skate, The Ice and Friends on Ice this season), so he doesn't have time for FaOI.

Makuhari on TV Asahi

Thank you!:kitty:

2 時間前, Fayさんが言いました:

Guys, what is the June 9th broadcast in FaOI page? Can anyone clarify it? 

https://fantasy-on-ice.com/broadcast.html

TV Asahi has 3 types of broadcasting:  terrestrial, broadcast satellite (BS) and communication satellite (CS).

May 27 was BS, and June 6 9 (sorry) is terrestrial broadcasting both on Makuhari (edited one with the 1st day and 2nd day - I suppose no 3rd day)

and finally from June 30, they will broadcast all three days of Makuhari on CS :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

TV Asahi no doubt does better job than Fuji TV  :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

14 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

TV Asahi has 3 types of broadcasting:  terrestrial, broadcast satellite (BS) and communication satellite (CS).

May 27 was BS, and June 6 is terrestrial broadcasting both on Makuhari (edited one with the 1st day and 2nd day - I suppose no 3rd day)

and finally from June 30, they will broadcast all three days of Makuhari on CS :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

TV Asahi no doubt does better job than Fuji TV  :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Is it going to be broadcast on June 9th or 10th in reality?