General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Didn’t he also show Seimei the first time during a show?

yup that was at faoi or another ice show but it was 4 seasons ago haha. what im trying to say is he doesnt really let us know at this point until very late in the off season. he can announce an ex though so we'll see

Sorry to be a downer, but I've had a drastic drop in enthusiasm for the sport.  Not sure how much of it is it being the off season vs rule changes/fan reactions/lack of rule enforcement vs. feeling a growing level of pessimism about the next few years. I don't even visit the Planet every day but figured I should catch up to make sure I don't miss out on any Yuzu showings.  I planned to finally do some traveling and attend competitions starting in fall but I don't know if I want to invest money into something that only makes me depressed these days, especially when they're exploiting Yuzu and his fans by gouging them.  If Yuzu is still feeling pain in the ankle, is he likely to still do Autumn Classic? I thought by this time last year Yuzu was saying that there wasn't anymore pain?  To be honest, as much as I'm looking forward to the new exhibitions, I feel kind of sad that he's doing the whole tour again rather than letting himself heal completely, if that's even possible anymore.

Anyway, I've finally caught up on the two main threads.  I don't see anything about this -5 for pops in communication 2253 or in a search.  Does anyone have a link to the communication that explains it so I can see the specific wording?

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Anyway, I've finally caught up on the two main threads.  I don't see anything about this -5 for pops in communication 2253 or in a search.  Does anyone have a link to the communication that explains it so I can see the specific wording?

This one: https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/21211-2254-s-p-levels-of-difficulty-and-guidelines-for-marking-goe-2019-20/file

In Short Program, the final GOE must be -5 if the Jump Element is not according to requirements. This means for example that the Jump Element has wrong number of revolutions, jump is repeated or jump combination has only one jump and the sign +COMBO.

It doesn't technically say if you pop. Just if you pop with the wrong revolutions or have a zayak. Example: solo jumps need to be either a triple or a quad. If you pop it into a single/double it used to be you just get 0 points. Now, apparently, it's going to be -5.

19 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

This one: https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/21211-2254-s-p-levels-of-difficulty-and-guidelines-for-marking-goe-2019-20/file

It doesn't technically say if you pop. Just if you pop with the wrong revolutions or have a zayak. Example: solo jumps need to be either a triple or a quad. If you pop it into a single/double it used to be you just get 0 points. Now, apparently, it's going to be -5.

But that still doesn't make any sense since it doesn't say the final score is -5, just the final GOE is -5, and GOEs get scaled by the base value of the elements, which will be zero...

8 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

But that still doesn't make any sense since it doesn't say the final score is -5, just the final GOE is -5, and GOEs get scaled by the base value of the elements, which will be zero...

Yeah, I just don't understand what they mean. If the invalid element has no base value, how can it have GOE? Does this mean for 2S for example it will be -0,65 (which is the deduction -5 for the normally judged 2S) added to the total score, even though element shouldn't count at all? That defies any logic, but I guess whats new... I just wish spmeone states that clearly.

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Sorry to be a downer, but I've had a drastic drop in enthusiasm for the sport.  Not sure how much of it is it being the off season vs rule changes/fan reactions/lack of rule enforcement vs. feeling a growing level of pessimism about the next few years. I don't even visit the Planet every day but figured I should catch up to make sure I don't miss out on any Yuzu showings.  I planned to finally do some traveling and attend competitions starting in fall but I don't know if I want to invest money into something that only makes me depressed these days, especially when they're exploiting Yuzu and his fans by gouging them.  If Yuzu is still feeling pain in the ankle, is he likely to still do Autumn Classic? I thought by this time last year Yuzu was saying that there wasn't anymore pain?  To be honest, as much as I'm looking forward to the new exhibitions, I feel kind of sad that he's doing the whole tour again rather than letting himself heal completely, if that's even possible anymore.

I'm planning  to go to ACI regardless because it's very close to me, is cheaper than later-season competitions (though who knows with SC this year), and because the chance is good that Yuzu and other TCC skaters will be there (perhaps also Kevin A and Julian Yee will return as well).  Moreover, I found the atmosphere fun, like a convention, and the seats you can get are great (though ofc I'd love it if they took off the hockey glass this year).  I suspect the only reason Y would not go is if he got injured again at some point (let's hope not!).  Although I suppose he might choose another Challenger in Europe?  But ACI is convenient and not associated with another rival already, like the USC and Lombardia.

OTOH, if you want programs to be more polished, then maybe a later event is best?

But I hear you.  The prices for Worlds are awful and everyone I know is unenthused, which is sad because we were hoping for a nice meet-up.  I guess everyone has to decide what they want to do, based on their own preferences, budget, and logistics.  If Y appears at ACI, I may consider not doing Worlds at all, though I really wanted to go.  But then, who knows how I will feel by then, as the scoring trend does not seem as friendly to complete and artistic skaters as we hoped.  One friend told me she was trying to keep motivated by just watching performances and trying to shut out scoring and placements.  But that can be hard to do.  I am hoping watching FaOI will help because there is no scoring, just ppl trying to entertain and enthrall. 

18 hours ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

POTO 2.0?

OMG!!! I know, it's not today's news, but I just came back to the Planet after few weeks of only lurking.... and to THIS??? 

:knc_yuzu1:

I don't know why, but I love it already with all my heart. It looks beautiful and somehow fitting and gracious and invested and I have no words. I am only hoping for a stream, because I need to see it.