General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I kind of felt bad for Yuzu at ACI.  They didn’t seem to plan for young skaters to pick up the poohs so he had to do it-because that’s just the kind of person he is.  I hope people follow the rules or have kiddie skaters so Yuzu can bow and enjoy. 

Yeah I was actually a bit surprised fans threw stuff on ice (not just Yuzu’s fans) since I thought it said no gifts on ice online. I know there was a local girl who tossed something for every skater, I do wonder if people saw others tossing things and mistakenly thought it was allowed so they followed suit but organizers sort of went with it and organized some young skaters to sweep for the free skate. 

4 minutes ago, kiches said:

Yeah I was actually a bit surprised fans threw stuff on ice (not just Yuzu’s fans) since I thought it said no gifts on ice online. I know there was a local girl who tossed something for every skater, I do wonder if people saw others tossing things and mistakenly thought it was allowed so they followed suit but organizers sort of went with it and organized some young skaters to sweep for the free skate. 

Yes, don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame the fans. Maybe they thought , I’ll throw my gift, no biggie, but when a lot of people make the same assumption, it is a LOT of Poohs.  Lol.  It’s Yuzu after all.  Hopefully this year, the organizers just get some young volunteers.  I would assume, they would love to be around these elite athletes. 

9 hours ago, Veveco said:

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas of the Planet! :10742289: And a special mention to Mama Hanyu :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: I hope you all have a great day.

Today is also the last day of the data collection for our fan project. If you haven't voted/shared a message yet, you can find the links here. For those who are late, I'll close the Google polls tomorrow but you can still send an email to [email protected] in the next few days if you want to participate. Can we maybe tweet about it as a "final call"? (we are so, so close to reaching 200 responses for the book :snmouchotto:)

Meanwhile, here is a final sneak peek into our early results. (I promise I'll stop harassing you with my graphs after). When asking fans to choose their top 3 favorite programs and costumes, we found a pretty strong correlation between the two. In general, the most favored programs also tend to have the most beloved costumes. Do you think there is a direct link between the two? And more importantly...

• Who sits at the top of both rankings?
  • Which program defies expectations to reach the 2 second most favored costume?
  • How well do your favorite programs do overall? :swordfight:

Find out all the answers in a few weeks !! [insert evil laugh]

wrxrps.png

I'm betting on the outlier being Dory. Just because. :LOL:

4 hours ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Oh gosh, I have to tell you my husband's idea, you should sew some ballet slippers on Pooh before you give it to him! Include a little note and your Pooh could end up being one of the (mythical) chosen keepsakes! Now, we're not actually supposed to throw gifts on the ice at ACI (they dont usually have sweeper kids there) buuuuuut it's been happening more and more, last year there were so many he picked some up himself on his way off the ice. It was adorable! They do have boxes for collecting gifts for the skaters so either way you can definitely get it to him

:dancingpooh:

That is a great idea! I will definitely will do that. 

1 hour ago, kiches said:

They have the skaters gift box at the front desk too, that’s probably the official way to give your gifts at ACI vs tossing onto the ice. The Oakville rink had the plexiglass there too which makes things a little harder to toss onto the ice. 

Okay, thanks for the advice!

If I remember correctly, for ACI last year, throwing light gifts like flowers and plushies were allowed, but they have boxes near the entrance for heavier gifts and gifts that can break if thrown on ice. So the fans were not really breaking the rules.

6 hours ago, holina said:

If I remember correctly, for ACI last year, throwing light gifts like flowers and plushies were allowed, but they have boxes near the entrance for heavier gifts and gifts that can break if thrown on ice. So the fans were not really breaking the rules.

I just remember he was exhausted after the FS and seemed like he started picking up gifts after looking around and not seeing them picked up quickly enough.  Also, people were throwing full sizes poohs and bouquets of flowers and I think I saw larger gift bags?  Maybe the organizers just didn’t expect so many gifts on the ice. 

6 hours ago, holina said:

This is correct. Someone emailed Skate Canada in advance and asked if we could throw gifts onto the ice and was told that we could. 

When I got to the venue, I double-checked with one of the staff members. She told me that we could throw plushies onto the ice, but if we wanted to give a gift specifically to one of the skaters, we should put it in the gift box instead. There was one large gift box for Yuzu, and a small gift box for all other skaters. :hihi:

4 minutes ago, IceWings said:

This is correct. Someone emailed Skate Canada in advance and asked if we could throw gifts onto the ice and was told that we could. 

When I got to the venue, I double-checked with one of the staff members. She told me that we could throw plushies onto the ice, but if we wanted to give a gift specifically to one of the skaters, we should put it in the gift box instead. There was one large gift box for Yuzu, and a small gift box for all other skaters. :hihi:

I remember Oda said before that Yuzu has so much gifts (in NHK Trophy) that the organising committee provides him a special room to store them after they have been collected from the ice.

How will a large gift box be enough? :wut:

Just now, faeline said:

I remember Oda said before that Yuzu has so much gifts (in NHK Trophy) that the organising committee provides him a special room to store them after they have been collected from the ice.

How will a large gift box be enough? :wut:

They were emptying the gift box when it filled up and iirc, putting the gifts in bags. :67638860:

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

They were emptying the gift box when it filled up and iirc, putting the gifts in bags. :67638860:

I see... now that makes a lot more sense. 

/sigh @ living in Asia = nearest venue = Japan or China = both of which are highly contested places :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: = give up and watch at home.

34 minutes ago, faeline said:

I see... now that makes a lot more sense. 

/sigh @ living in Asia = nearest venue = Japan or China = both of which are highly contested places :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: = give up and watch at home.

Europe is the next best option. Good excuse to plan holiday there :muahaha: