General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, makebelieveup said:

thats what Yuzu get for saying his only rival is himself

He probably didn't mean it literally :space:

Now I'm reminded of that game show where one of the participants joked that Yuzu's reflection asked for his autograph...

12 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Was it a German commentator at WC 2019 FS?

To paraphrase, he couldn't understand how Nathan scored higher than Yuzu: he finally concluded that Nathan's score was 'just a number'.

In this situation, Yuzu succeeded in "I want to give the kind of performances that stays in their hearts." 

Similarly, the ISU ranking is just a number

I admit that until yesterday I didn't know that yuzu was number 1 since 2013-14 season (?) even after I'm following him for years. I mean I don't care about ISU world standing because someday he will retired and not in the list anymore. But his performances and achievements will never be forgotten. I will never forget his amazing performances and all the medals he got. Also he's two time Olympic champion. :coolio:

12 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Getting up to read this 1st thing in the morning just made me cry.  How come this boy touches one’s heart whether on or off ice?!...  Still sobbing when reading this again at night... and I miss my mom so much...

:sadPooh:

4 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

OT: To all the mothers out there (whether of children, fur children,  dragons, etc.) wishing you a Happy Mother's Day. (May 12 in the US):tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

Happy Mother’s Day to you all no matter what date it is for your area.  Hope you may receive something (as moms), or you may want to prepare or do sth (or as simple as a phone call) for your mom... 

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2019/03/5e67f3bcd4ba-olympics-hanyu-named-olympic-channels-biggest-star.html

Old news, but...

"Yuzuru Hanyu is the biggest star of the Olympic channel, not just in Japan but everywhere," Exarchos said. "Figure skating has an extraordinary performance. Obviously, all the content we do for Japanese athletes has a lot of traction, but I would like to single out figure skating as a very special case of increased traffic."

If ISU can't make money despite being the most popular sport on Olympic Channel, then it's 100% their own idiocy lol.

13 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

So if we don't have Faoi this year, how about maybe DOI? Any chance of that?

They don't tour that much right?

Next to none. Yuzu hasn’t done DOI for years. FaOI is far more likely. 

We might be in for another 2016 off-season, you think? 

35 минут назад, Fay сказал:

Next to none. Yuzu hasn’t done DOI for years. FaOI is far more likely. 

We might be in for another 2016 off-season, you think? 

Seems like it. And it would probably be a good thing, sad as it sounds for us fans, if Yuzu would properly take the time to heal (can Yuzu and properly taking the time to heal even be used in one sentence?)