General Yuzuru Chat

On 4/11/2019 at 6:44 AM, micaelis said:

I'm not Japanese but I'm aware of the importance of this, not simply because it is the present emperor's 30th anniversary as Emperor but also that it is his last.  On the 30th of April he will be abdicating the throne (due to age, his idea) and his son will ascend to it.  Thus this anniversary is very important and it's quite an honor for Yuzu to be invited to contribute to this volume.  I'm certain most of the messages will be thanking him for his service and wishing him well for his remaining years and each will have it's own additions.  Yuzu might thank him for any special attentions he (the emperor) may have given to the reconstruction effort and other measures of support and perhaps also to the two times he met the emperor (the emperor's garden party) after his two Olympic victories.  As with all things Yuzuru it will be well thought out and totally sincere.

I agree with everything except Yuzuru has had the honour of meeting with the Emperor and the Imperial family on three occasions. In addition to the two garden parties, he and the Sochi Olympians were invited to a tea party on July 16, 2014. He had the opportunity on that occasion to show the Emperor his Olympic gold medal.

I enjoy reading Joseph's interview. Very insightful about his training and TCC's schedule for their skaters and Ghislain's approach in fixing technique. Love the part about Yuzuru.  According to the interviewer, the "saturday" Joseph talked is 30/3, seem like Yuzuru's doing well. I hope it means he can do Faoi (if he's healthy enough of course)

50 minutes ago, faeline said:

Good thing it was SEIMEI and not LGC, otherwise we'd all be distracted during the slowmos. Is it wrong that I'm liking LGC more and more as I watch it?

I feel the same. And I wish Yuzu will have more programs like LGC, but given it's more physically demanding than something classical or slower, a gala program would be great too. 

With the end of WTF, err, WTT, I am officially off to spend time with more logical sports/real life.

I await Zuzu's next season, along with some of my other bbys, but not the competitions anymore, unless some kind of overhaul happened in or to ISU this summer.

I'll watch the performances of skaters I like, and of course, will follow anything Zuzu, but enough of this madness.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

So, guys,  this season has come to its inevitable end. I really feel salty and sad, not just because we are going to face a desert for a few months, but because of the way the season ended. I really wish for a silver lining of the mess we just whitnessed, but my usual optimism is kind of in a coma right now. Eh, tomorrow is another day, if Yuzuru is still fighting, there is probably a light at the end of this tunnel. Nice weekend to you all, satellites! So happy that you exist!

11 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

So, guys,  this season has come to its inevitable end. I really feel salty and sad, not just because we are going to face a desert for a few months, but because of the way the season ended. I really wish for a silver lining of the mess we just whitnessed, but my usual optimism is kind of in a coma right now. Eh, tomorrow is another day, if Yuzuru is still fighting, there is probably a light at the end of this tunnel. Nice weekend to you all, satellites! So happy that you exist!

you fight and live another day:party0035:

and next week we'll hopefully see Yuzuru being paid the due respect by his people,how about that for a silver lining?