General Yuzuru Chat

56 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Since all these layouts are making my head spin, let me just go back to the Zu-zit convo and remind everybody that during the NHK-practice-horror where that damn snake 4Lz bit him in the ankle, Yuzu did have zits.

If you go back far enough, you may or may not find some of us trying to counter the stress of waiting for news by making up Yuzu limericks, which may or may not have referenced his zits pretty heavily, and the budding poets may or may not have been told off for being silly when everybody was stressed out. :P 

Wah... he was still beautiful nevertheless

38 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

@WinForPooh  I agree with you that the memories of the 4Lz injury are still vivid and practicing so many dangerous quads everyday will be very hard for him. I honestly don't believe that we will see five different quads in one program from him and my heart prays that it won't be necessary... I don't want to see that two skaters blow away the rest of the world with +100 points in the combined total. The gap between Yuzu, Nathan and the others is spooky enough already

And now the 4Loop is a jump with which he suffered a trauma too, although less problematic than the Lutz for him. For the five quads I agree with you, he doesn't need it (although this statement was made before about his jumps and it seems that we have been proven wrong by ISU :idk:).

As for the gap with the rest of the field, I don't think ISU will allow such a thing, they will probably inflate others scores if we go by their logic:crazyshit: In a way (no in many ways:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:) I'm afraid of next season.

2 minutes ago, Seorose said:

Example of GOE+5 jump from official ISU video and 3A of 2019 World SP

Of course he should have got +5 but ISU didn't release videos of +5 GOE jump, they used Yuzu's 3A to demonstrate multiple bullet points but not all of them. So that's a wee bit misleading. 

Just now, WinForPooh said:

Of course he should have got +5 but ISU didn't release videos of +5 GOE jump, they used Yuzu's 3A to demonstrate multiple bullet points but not all of them. So that's a wee bit misleading. 

Oh okay. Still, what exactly can he do better to make it +5? Literally fly?

1 minute ago, shanshani said:

Yeah, I completely agree with the sentiment behind the whole thing. When they released the video illustration of bullets using specific jumps, I remember people saying 'lol they used a couple of other jumps to illustrate a couple of bullets to show effort, the 3A fulfills everything' and agreeing with that, too. I think they used ladies' jumps to demonstrate a couple of bullets. 

But yep, it literally ticks all the bullets and then some. Daniil choreo and different flag aren't official bullets but I think they're understood by judges now. /so salty

44 minutes ago, shanshani said:

He clearly needs to be clad in that gorgeous, skintight, american flag patterned suit posted how many pages back! :embSwan: It'll help decrease resistance and allow for faster rotation!!!

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

If I remember correctly, Olys 3A was used as a paramount example for

1. Very good height and length

2. Difficult/creative/unexpected entry

These two bullet points are probably those that can be measured/identified best (besides very good take-off and landing). With mama IceScope and daddy VideoReplay it shouldn't be a problem. So let's be honest: these are the three bullets that really "should" count.

The other bullets (effortless, good body position and fitting music/rhythm) are less specific and more subjective, especially "effortless". For me a jump with short preparation, solid air position and good landing+running edge is effortless. It's a mix of three other bullets, so you can skip this one completely.

I think, Yuzu could have a little chance for +5 GOE, if he jumped his 3A from the stands, 1.2m height, 5m distance and finished with a backward Y-spiral exit, but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: The 3A in the webinar video wasn't introduced as a +5 GOE jump, but it received +3s across the board in competition. That should equal +5 in the new system and ISU knows that.

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

42 minutes ago, Marte said:

He should land that jump with the bouquet of flowers:rofl2:

a wink would do right :winky: or is it just for a certain skaters too?

but really what can you do? twizzle was gorgeous and creative and that jump has everything you can asked for i'm:gaah:

1 minute ago, Bilge said:

a wink would do right :winky: or is it just for a certain skaters too?

but really what can you do? twizzle was gorgeous and creative and that jump has everything you can asked for i'm:gaah:

the problem is in the eyes of those who judge :salty:

20 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

He clearly needs to be clad in that gorgeous, skintight, american flag patterned suit posted how many pages back! :embSwan: It'll help decrease resistance and allow for faster rotation!!!

That photo will give me nightmares for the rest of my life :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: