General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Lunna said:

I'm hopelessly backwards on all the topics (don't know if I want to catch up I think there's a lot of salt which I totally understand, but my trip to Japan was too good and Yuzu was too gorgeous to spoil the mood, overall a lot of great skates).

Does anybody knows what's this is about?

3 hours ago, micaelis said:

I can see him signing perhaps those five big winners but I can't imagine Yuzu, as determined as he is to be genuine, signing an additional thirty-five hundred items.  The signatures, however, might be the contest authorities' means of saying this is a Yuzu-approved operation.

The skate boots are the only ones with his hand-written autograph (直筆サイン入り). The others are his autograph printed (サイン入り)

14 hours ago, yude said:

This is my summary of Yuzuru's new interview, the last sentence can be translated differently by each translator so here is mine. Thank you for the quick updates everyone!

"GOE difference between his 4T and Nathan's 4Lz was big which came from this season the new rule was applied. But when he thinks about the risk in doing and failing in difficult things, he needs to care about the balance. It was not easy for all skaters to make the programs after GOE rule changed because it was unknown territory for all of them. This season made him consider how to do the things called transition such as steps, turns, one-foot skating in the programs of the next season. He doesn't jump on the same spot on the ice during the programs. Looking at both SP and FS, he jumps in the different places with different routes, changing the tone of the music, and adjusting the timing, etc. He does these details and that is his pride and his style, and if he doesn't care about that anymore, he will be losing his identity (of his skating). It made it clear this season that he has to make programs including his good points and to be able to deal with the evaluation by the judges at the same time."

Yuzuru Hanyu is full of sportsmanship, which makes him so great and special :bow:

Thank you so much for your summary. I liked this interview very much because it again showed what a great athlete he is. I am really happy that he stays true to his skating style and the identity of his skating. His true and unique skating style is what made me (and most likely millions of others) fall in love with his skating :heart: 

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

The skate boots are the only ones with his hand-written autograph (直筆サイン入り). The others are his autograph printed (サイン入り)

When you REALLY want to enter but don't have the skin type or money for sekkisei.... also wow, it really is the offseason now.... withdrawal indeed.

8 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

It's the sum of the BV. 

Here's a link to the worksheets I use for a short cut - most of the credit goes to Shanshani.  I just modified them for my needs.  

"Reverse GOE" is used to find the raw GOE marks of the judges.  I also use it to figure out scores if a skater didn't make mistakes. Enter the factored GOE into the light pink GOEP box and it will calculate the raw GOE into the light blue GOE box.

"Layout" is the original protocol that Shanshani made. I pretty much use it to see bv and the effects of the different GOE scores.

"Scorecard" is what I use when I want to rescore events.  The green boxes represent each bullet.  The red is the total number of reductions.  Sometimes you have to hand change the final GOE because the math doesn't end right.

This is view only so you'll need to save it to your Drive before you can use it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AgOJKPfj4YBcymwA8yx-wjo-9-RXFYFDkMMID_IuVFI/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks! That is so helpful!

I can’t believe Kose blog is already coming to an end :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:I’m gonna miss reading and hearing from him everyday so much, even if it’s non-informative stuff.

What song did u guys send him?? I’m not the type to listen to pumped up songs to charge into battle, I usually listen to sad songs to take in all my feelings and face them.

After much consideration for a positive song, I sent him “Smile” from Avril. Hope he likes it (or reads it..) 

I just miss him :68811363:

Final Blog Post! https://ameblo.jp/kose-sports/entry-12443586101.html

Google translate:

Hello everyone. It is Hanyu Yuzuru.  

Today, I would like to talk with you about "beauty".

As a figure skater, I live with care for beauty.

I think "beauty" for me is a dignified attitude.

It feels like there is a blur-free core.

What is the definition of beauty for you? Please let me know.  

Have a nice day for everyone today! And the blog that Hanyu Yuzuru delivers with today will be once closed!  

I received a lot of everyone's ale(? -- waiting for a proper translation), firmly.

From now on, we look forward to your continual support! Continue to enjoy KOSE SPORTS BEAUTY BLOG!

7 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Google translate:

Have a nice day for everyone today! And the blog that Hanyu Yuzuru delivers with today will be once closed!  

I received a lot of everyone's ale(? -- waiting for a proper translation), firmly.

From now on, we look forward to your continual support! Continue to enjoy KOSE SPORTS BEAUTY BLOG!

These really should not sell cosmetics, all his blogs seem to be common sense ways to take care of yourself so that your skin suffers as little as possible and you need as few cosmetics as possible. But does that matter? Nope! 

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Yuzu : killing us all with the right mix of softness & dignity :softYuzu:

Also Yuzu : waiting for the very last post of his *cough* beauty *cough* blog to talk about (inner) beauty. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: I'll miss this silly blog :sigh:

31 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Google translate:

Why do I feel like crying and laughing at same time for this? :dislike:

Until the end he never talked about beauty skin care tips but just trying to keep yourself zen.

Well I guess Yuzu will get attracted to people of dignity then?

Spoiler

He must really be irked with unfair judges. :yuck:

Thanks Yuzu for the blog, at least you tried. :waffle:

and with that, yuzu's daily blog posts come to an end and he retreats back into hermit cave. aww. given his history with social media, this was honestly the most sustained social media updates we've ever received so good effort :68468287: 

for completion's sake and easy reading, I compiled my translations into a twitter moment if anyone wants it