General Yuzuru Chat

I am going to Tokyo too (actually I am now at the airport!  Taking the same Air Canada flight that Yuzu takes from Toronto to Tokyo, makes me feel some kind of connection to him....I know that’s a stupid thought...like “Oh, he was here waiting for the same flight”).

I have been using the SKII facial treatment essence for many years but perhaps I will try the travel size Sekkisei while in Japan.  Has anyone used the Sekkisei MYV line, which I think is a lot more expensive?  Wondering if it’s worth the splurge...

I do know that kose is a big name brand in Japan that is starting to branch overseas in the US and Europe. 

I did not find the Sekkisei BB creams to be that expensive compared to other luxury brands especially when it incorporates many features : sunscreen, primer, moisturizer, skincare features, coverage etc. 

So you save time by using one product and likely $ too. 

Decorte is their luxury line but still cheaper than LA mer powder or sisley powder and with more product in the container. 

For everyone who is interested in Yuzu's scoring data of the 2018/19 season. I've created a table with average GOE/success rates and calls/LV for every element:

Spoiler

Gy4ICXy.png

It's the sequel of a very similar table for all of his elements under the +/-3 System from 2015/16 to 2017/18. You can look at it here as a comparison:

Spoiler

DmLi9gxWsAY-_cF.jpg:large

52 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Is anyone else having troubles with the emoji? I keep getting an error message saying only 75 emoji are allowed when I try to use the ShampooNeko Yuzu ones. 

Some new emojis (the one in Yuzu and friends) don't load properly, as in I only see the emoji code instead of the image :think:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but for those who are in the United States, Costco actually sells a few Kose Sekkisei products -  the lotion, moisturizer, cleansing oil and powder wash. The powder wash is great and nice for traveling (since it's not in liquid form). Shipping is free and very fast. 

ETA re the powder wash - I've used a similar product from Dior (almost identical, down to the fragrance) and it was 4xs as much. 

18 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Maybe this is a cultural thing. All the people I've showed his programmes to were more struck by H&L even if they also appreciated Seimei. (Well it is a bit dangerous to not appreciate him when I'm showing somebody Yuzu, I tend to lead with the equivalent of 'look I'm going to show you the most amazing, wonderful thing in the world' said rather threateningly...)

A long time ago I put my sister through watching Yuzurus programmes to make her understand...I began with Nice, as this was my hook up. 

She understood. We are western European, and she has no connection to Japan, eastern culture, or anything, but after watching Seimei she said: „ He conveys so much power. I dont know how he does it. He is so small, but there is so much power.“

After watching H&L , one of the performances before Helsinki WC she said:“ It is not yet ready, but it will be beautiful“.

What I want to say is, she is a long suffering family member of a fanyu, and she got the power of Seimei just right. 

I am sure she will never forget it, bless her😊😊.

edit: I am thinking...I probably look threatening as well when making her or others watch Yuzuru  skating, but mostly I am looking so starry— eyed watching him skate, I suspect, that people do not dare to put out these stars...😊

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

For everyone who is interested in Yuzu's scoring data of the 2018/19 season. I've created a table with average GOE/success rates and calls/LV for every element:

Reveal hidden contents

Gy4ICXy.png

It's the sequel of a very similar table for all of his elements under the +/-3 System from 2015/16 to 2017/18. You can look at it here as a comparison:

Reveal hidden contents

DmLi9gxWsAY-_cF.jpg:large

Wow, this is really great thank you!

I have a question about layouts if anyone could help. In Yuzuru's original layout he planned to do the 4axel as the first jump in his freeskate. I've always wondered why skaters would put such a great risk at the beginning of a free skate instead of a short program?

I've heard falling is very exhausting and it seems it would be easier to push through a shorter program with a fall. Since ultimately the medal goes to the person with the highest combined total from both the short program and free skate it doesn't make sense to me to put it in the longer program. Is it about getting a small medal in the short program? Or maybe having a confidence boost going into the free?

11 minutes ago, Nighticeswan said:

I have a question about layouts if anyone could help. In Yuzuru's original layout he planned to do the 4axel as the first jump in his freeskate. I've always wondered why skaters would put such a great risk at the beginning of a free skate instead of a short program?

In the short program a jump error is very costly, especially if you pop your solo jump into a double or single. That's an invalid element, it receives 0 points and there's no chance for a second attempt. That's what happened to Yuzu in his SP in Saitama. 4S pop, 12 points gone and he was punished on other elements and PCS, too.

In the free a pop is annoying, too, but you can change your layout and reduce the damage to a minimum. Yuzu is a master in the YOLO-department.

37 minutes ago, Nighticeswan said:

I've heard falling is very exhausting and it seems it would be easier to push through a shorter program with a fall. Since ultimately the medal goes to the person with the highest combined total from both the short program and free skate it doesn't make sense to me to put it in the longer program. Is it about getting a small medal in the short program? Or maybe having a confidence boost going into the free?

I think its bc in the sp, there are less amount of elements so you cant afford to miss any one of them, even a spin. Also, the criteria for each element is also quite strict. You need 1 combo, 1 double or triple axel, 1 triple or quad. Also, the sp has only around 2 minutes for 3 jumps, 3 spins and a stsq. In the past, the free was 4.5 minute and had a relatively more open criteria. I think under the new system, the free is almost as costly as the short since you cant zayak your jumps. But even so, it's better if he pops a jump in the free and finds a way to put it back on somewhere throughout that 4 minute mark, and Yuzu is verry good at this.

ETA: yeah like yuzuangel the 4a isnt allowed for the short

28 minutes ago, Nighticeswan said:

I don't believe 4A is allowed in the SP, only 3A or 2A. But yeah, getting buried in the SP is much worse, because it affects your starting order and thus your PCS for the free among other psychological reasons. They do say "You can't win the competition in the SP, but you can lose it."

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I don't believe 4A is allowed in the SP, only 3A or 2A. But yeah, getting buried in the SP is much worse, because it affects your starting order and thus your PCS for the free among other psychological reasons. They do say "You can't win the competition in the SP, but you can lose it."

Oh right and this..I find this rule ridiculous. Why cant a skater do a 4a and then 3a or 2a? Im actually confused. and yes, another reason. If you are not in the final group...your pcs somehow drops.