General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Henni147 said:

It would be so poetic, if Yuzu started his "figure skating career reset" at Sectionals. From absolute zero back to the top.

You know, I know it sounds poetic but gosh, how many years has his family been separated because of his career, and how many more years are they going to continue to be separated? Now he wants to do quad+everything, and, as it’s been said before, how long is his mom going to be ok with being away from her family? He’s got his goals, but they seem to be partly contingent on her being around to take care of him. I know it’s her choice, but on the other hand, if she decided to leave Canada and then Yuzu decided to quit, I’m sure there would be many conflicting feelings.  So maybe she feels she doesn’t really have a choice.

All assumptions and conjecture to be sure, guess I had too much coffee late in the day. But it’s hard to be away from family, especially as your parents get older.

@Henni147Just to clarify, this is not a criticism of your thought.  It just made me think of all the years his family has supported him since he started, etc. 

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

I only hate it because it makes me so hungry.

mini9.jpg

mini3.jpg

Makeover-Chocolate-Covered-Strawberry-Mi

(I won’t put under spoiler because you all deserve to suffer with me.)

Go find some mochi to eat, you terrible banoctopooh. I'm on my post-sugar-booze-week diet and I need it more than I did after the holidays.

9 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I only hate it because it makes me so hungry.

mini9.jpg

mini3.jpg

Makeover-Chocolate-Covered-Strawberry-Mi

(I won’t put under spoiler because you all deserve to suffer with me.)

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Go find some mochi to eat, you terrible banoctopooh. I'm on my post-sugar-booze-week diet and I need it more than I did after the holidays.

:smiley-laughing021:

You are hilarious!

Edit: And now I will never be able to watch that program again without thinking about desserts. :headdesk:

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

:peekapooh: Eaddit.

There aren't even any strawberries in the shops anymore. But I do have those fake-strawberry jelly crystals....

You're awful. You're a bad, terrible banoctopooh. I will dedicate fake-strawberry jelly to Yuzu and hope he gets to have strawberry shortcake. 

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

There aren't even any strawberries in the shops anymore. But I do have those fake-strawberry jelly crystals....

You're awful. You're a bad, terrible banoctopooh. I will dedicate fake-strawberry jelly to Yuzu and hope he gets to have strawberry shortcake. 

How am I bad and terrible if I’m responsible for increasing chances of GOATxCAKE? 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

How am I bad and terrible if I’m responsible for increasing chances of GOATxCAKE? 

You know, that is an excellent point. You're the best banoctopooh for that. We should all have fake-strawberry jelly. I'll make all of it and we'll have a big, toxic red, wobbly party.

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

You know, that is an excellent point. You're the best banoctopooh for that. We should all have fake-strawberry jelly. I'll make all of it and we'll have a big, toxic red, wobbly party.

Wow, Wobbly Streaming Party, perhaps? :peekapooh: I am in!

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

At least Skate Canada chose the better costume. No offense to those who like it, but I hate that Zigeunerweisen outfit. 

Aww, such sacrilege after poor mama Hanyu worked so hard to make it!

(I'm not fond of that costume either.)

3 時間前, getsurenkaさんが言いました:

I feel I need to explain about my translation here, I think Honda meant not only 4S but also overall jumps Yuzuru did in WC (I tried to mean it by writing "jumps", but I'm sorry that I made you confused). So basically Honda is saying Yuzuru's landings were looked different and maybe changed for protecting his ankle. But he doesn't say about Yuzuru doing it intentionally or unintentionally. At least, that is my take and nuance from this short article. 

26 minutes ago, yude said:

I feel I need to explain about my translation here, I think Honda meant not only 4S but also overall jumps Yuzuru did in WC (I tried to mean it by writing "jumps", but I'm sorry that I made you confused). So basically Honda is saying Yuzuru's landings were looked different and maybe changed for protecting his ankle. But he doesn't say about Yuzuru doing it intentionally or unintentionally. At least, that is my take and nuance from this short article. 

Thank you! So the Sal troubles are not (solely) because of the change even if it's deliberate.