General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, pewirinkle said:

TCC 100 Most Handsome Faces of Asia is up!! Guess who made it on the list :peek:

https://krcom.cn/6896222774/episodes/2358773:4350166291928619

ofc he didn't simply make it onto the list, HIS OVERACHIEVING GOLDEN SELF GOT 5TH  :knc_brian1:

I just watched the video , and wow, this was a liitle bit weird and very nice, seeing him between all these musicians, actors and one other sportsman, I think. He is, of course, the best— looking😊😊😁

2 minutes ago, MagicFS said:

Wait a second! Here is the comparison of what Yuzu and Nate did in the free skate:

Yuzu did 4 quads and 2 triple axels. He had 1 UR and 1 obviously weak landing (on the same jump). Yuzu did the insanely difficult and IMPRESSIVE 4t-3a+SEQ--that should count at least towards his PCS if the base value awarded for it is so absurdly low.

Nate did 4 quads, 1 triple axel. He also had 1 UR (not called). He has higher-base-value quads than Yuzu--so I'd say the 4t-3a+SEQ advantage is matched. Cool.

Yuzu has far superior skating skills, transitions, composition, and interpretation of the music. His spins and stsq are better.

Yuzu lost in that particular event by 10 points.

How are people saying that a clean Yuzu would have won? A squeaky clean Yuzu would not have won the free skate with that scoring. And that's completely ridiculous!

Losing in this competition was NOT Yuzuru's fault! Stop making it sound as if he somehow failed.

Btw, I could have lived happily with Yuzu's loss in the overall competition if he had won the free skate. But the fact that he didn't win the free skate with what he showed in the free skate is completely unfair and wrong, and very, very worrying when it comes to his future ability to beat Nate (without the technical content upgrades he is planning).

Idk why TES is related to PCS but i do agree yuzu's jumps sometimes add to the choreo and performance aspects so it really should give his PCS a boost. if yuzu had scored 216 in the free and remember he did get 216 back in gp nhk 2015 with just 3 quads, and nate getting 206, nathan would have still comfortably won due to the mistake yuzu did in the sp. but the reality hurts 

5 minutes ago, MagicFS said:

Wait a second! Here is the comparison of what Yuzu and Nate did in the free skate:

Yuzu did 4 quads and 2 triple axels. He had 1 UR and 1 obviously weak landing (on the same jump). Yuzu did the insanely difficult and IMPRESSIVE 4t-3a+SEQ--that should count at least towards his PCS if the base value awarded for it is so absurdly low.

Nate did 4 quads, 1 triple axel. He also had 1 UR (not called). He has higher-base-value quads than Yuzu--so I'd say the 4t-3a+SEQ advantage is matched. Cool.

Yuzu has far superior skating skills, transitions, composition, and interpretation of the music. His spins and stsq are better.

Yuzu lost in that particular event by 10 points.

How are people saying that a clean Yuzu would have won? A squeaky clean Yuzu would not have won the free skate with that scoring. And that's completely ridiculous!

Losing in this competition was NOT Yuzuru's fault! Stop making it sound as if he somehow failed.

Btw, I could have lived happily with Yuzu's loss in the overall competition if he had won the free skate. But the fact that he didn't win the free skate with what he showed in the free skate is completely unfair and wrong, and very, very worrying when it comes to his future ability to beat Nate (without the technical content upgrades he is planning).

He should have won the free skate even with that UR Salchow. Nathan was atrociously overscored on his free skate. 

But even accepting that scoring, the difference between the +4 GOE 4S from Yuzu and that UR 4S with dodgy landing is about 10 points, taking into account the PCS cap that came in because of that 'serious error' as well. Without that mistake, he could have beaten the score that Nathan got on his FS. I'm not saying he would have beaten Nathan if only he'd not made that mistake because we cannot know what Nathan would have done if Yuzu had had a higher score. But I can say with at least some certainty that without that mistake, Yuzu would have beaten the free skate score that Nathan eventually got. 

This past weekend I felt like I just watched some major turn of events in an Anime or something.... You know where there was a happy end to a major Arc (the Olympics) and you thought the story is coming towards an end,  then a new bad guy (it's the evil judges here rather than specific skaters) suddenly appears that beat up the protagonist, who now have to find a quiet place and practice some new powers. I mean Yuzu had joked before his life story is very anime like, but to watch a real person  with flesh and blood go through it rather than paper characters is so much more heart wrenching.    

At the start of the season I did get the feeling Yuzu just really wanted to jump the 4A and then retire, hence all the tribute programs. And even after his injury in RoC, it felt like he just pushed this plan to one year later.  But somehow Worlds became the catalyst for his wish to jump 4Lz, 4F & 4A, and given his current health, he will at most add one new quad to his program per year, which means we're pretty much headed towards the Olympics again :tumblr_inline_mnvwrg4ssV1qz4rgp:    I hope the powers out there don't end up regretting they may be the one that end up sending him there :dozey:

The one good thing that came out of this Worlds was that Yuzu maybe finally understood how important his health is.. not saying he didn't before, but I still think he was very rash about it after the Olympics  by choosing to skate at RoC FS. Maybe because he won Olympics with injured ankles and then recovered nicely from it, he wasn't thinking right at that time. I believe that skate may have cost him the gold at Worlds (if he didn't injure his ankle further, he might have recovered earlier to arrive at Saitama in better shape). And I think that realisation hit him hard this time to really put his health first, hence his withdrawal from WTT (before his announcement, I was convinced he would want to go to avenge himself there based on the old Yuzu I know, so I was surprised at the welcomed response to withdraw). Somehow my gut feeling tells me this turn of attitude may mean he end up being the one staying relatively injury-free in the next few years ( I know this may be just wishful thinking, but one could hope).   

34 minutes ago, dreamelena said:

Hey guys.. again, long time no see!!

I finally caught up (ish) on Worlds (I still haven't got to check the gala perf.).. also glad that Yuzu decided to sit WTT out because he really needs to recuperate still.

I actually have a request, I hope it's ok to ask here.. I was chatting online with a friend of mine (not a fs/yuzu fan but we're in the middle of talking about him) and got to the him missing the WTT event. Then she's like 'he (Yuzu) should participate in pair competition too!!' :hihi: and I jokingly replied that he's got potential and initially wanted to link her some pics/gifs of Yuzu doing what pairs/ice dancer would do (i.e. getting lifted/sbs jump/any sync move with another skater) but I'm limited in my ability to backtrack or find the footage so if any of you can help link me some of those stuff I'd so appreciate!! :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

Thanks before !!

Hmm...

Yuzu and Alina did SBS 3F

Spoiler

All the times Ondrej gave him a lift

Spoiler

tumblr_p4jtsps3Db1wlcvgxo2_400.gif  tumblr_p4jtsps3Db1wlcvgxo1_400.gif

source

Spoiler

tumblr_p4jme69s4j1w0e7n8o1_500.jpg

Spoiler

Yuzu and Javi stroking exercise at TCC

Spoiler

Patrick and Yuzu doing SBS Toeloops

Spoiler

ETA: Yuzu and Javi SBS 4Ts

Spoiler

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Awww, why he always knows what to say to make my heart melt.:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

39 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

IMO- this argument about what worlds should have been is a non-starter and just gives the antis more ammunition against Yuzu and Fanyus.

I heard a similar argument in the opposite direction after the Olympics, the “what-ifs” if Nathan would have been clean in the short and thousands of then “yuzu would have added the loop”. There was “buts he’s injured so the loop was shaky”. “Too high GOEs” “too high PCS.”  Etc etc etc

”what-ifs” should be avoided at all costs because it sounds petty.  If you start to criticize Nathan’s win then you open up the criticism for Yuzu’s win, Just like Yuzu won his 2nd OGM, Nathan won worlds.  Nothing that is said about the scoring will change that fact.  Yuzu knows that, which his why I think he never blames the score or judges. 

I agree  that a PERFECTLY CLEAN Yuzu had the potential to win over Nathan’s performed layout, BUT Nathan  can still up his BV and Yuzu knows this. No one knows the results of “what-ifs”.  If Yuzu performed a clean short, Nathan may have added a 5th quad- what if he missed that or has a clean fifth quad....etc etc etc- rabbit hole.

i know many Fanyus are still upset and sad (I’m slowly recovering as well 🤕), but I’m thinking how Yuzu has responded to this.  

Yuzu , as always, is showing a bit of humility,  humbleness , appreciation of his competitors and self-reflection of how to make himself better, AND look to the future.  He is wise beyond his years. I think we should all consider taking his lead. Again IMO.

I don't like what ifs too. That's why I don't say "what if Yuzuru landed 4s in SP" because we don't know what would happen - how judges would react to his clean performane, how Nate and how Yuzuru himself. But by looking at what both did in competition, I DO think that Zazura should win. This 23 points gap should be closed via PCS alone. I'm not even touching GOE or URs. And THIS.:68271262: THANK YOU!

14 minutes ago, MagicFS said:

Yuzuru is perfectly aware of what's going on, he sees the need to adapt and evolve to "win resoundingly" on his own terms as much as possible. He knows it will be more difficult than ever but he said he will take care to heal and protect his body first, and I believe him.

I hate to think of him in physical or emotional pain but he has been suffering for a long time, and he hasn't regretted it yet. Whenever he finds it's not worth it anymore, I'll be glad because I know he will have decided for himself and it will mean he is growing in a new direction. For now he seems to have recommitted himself to competing and if he's refreshed I don't much care why, as long as it helps him (he still should have won the free!!) :goat:

Hace 3 horas, Moria Polonius said:

And yes, for what it was, namely from the athletic point of view, Nathan's skates were excellent. 

:english1:

"Positive GOE bullets (which make up the technical or "athletic" score):
Jumps

1) very good height and very good length

2) good take-off and landing

3) effortless throughout (including rhythm in Jump combination)

4) steps before the jump, unexpected or creative entry

5) very good body position from take-off to landing

6) element matches the music

Spins

1) good speed and/or acceleration during spin

2) good controlled, clear position(s) (inc. height and air/landing position in flying spin) 3) effortless throughout

4) maintaining a centered spin

5) creativity and originality

6) element matches the music

Step Sequences

1) deep edges, clean steps and turns

2) element matches the music

3) effortless throughout with good energy, flow and execution

4) creativity and originality

5) excellent commitment and control of the whole body

6) good acceleration and deceleration

Choreographic Sequences

1) creativity and originality

2) element matches the music and reflects the concept/character of the program

3) effortless throughout with good energy, flow and execution

4) good ice coverage

5) good clarity and precision

6) excellent commitment and control of the whole body"

Please read that and tell me if you still think that Nathan was "excellent" on the athletic side... (or if you think he was even good enough to get the same GOEs as Yuzu). If you think that a program full of crossovers, stiff landings, small ice coverage, shallow edges, etc is "athletic excellence" IDK what to say...

9 hours ago, Yuzupu said:

The amazing fan photographers have come through for us. I love Yuzu's soft and fluffy hair. And look at that shiny ring around his head. Why is everything about him spells "manga/anime protagonist" :10636614::10636614::10636614:

The shiny ring around his head is called/know as 天使の輪 (angel's ring = halo) in Japanese. His hair looks so healthy because he had to wash his hair clean to get the hair product off after Origin...:68468287:

2 hours ago, Sabrina said:

I was on twitter a few moments ago and there are a dozens of post that say something about Pooh and the Jsf worrying about Nathan and so on ! Does anyone know what’s going on 

If drama is on twitter, ask people on twitter.

Here's a nice interview with Meryl done at Saitama.  

She starts talking about Yuzuru from 10:48 until 13:44,  about what is his motivation and what she think his legacy will be once he retires.  

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/original-series/detail/olympic-channel-podcast/olympic-channel-podcast-season-season-2/episodes/podcast-meryl-davis-on-world-championships-hanyu-and-medvedeva/

The last part of the interview is also interesting because she talks about how she felt when her and Charlie decided to retire after winning Olympics. I imagine that Yuzuru's perspective must be completely different in this regard in order for him to continue competing.