General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Oh, Yuzu ... :sadPooh:

Hello, dear fellow satellites! After years and years of loving FS, loving YUZU, reading this wonderful forum, I finally pluck the courage and write my first message : )

I have to say that I am completely heartbroken by this interview, when Yuzu talks about feeling the hatred like sharp needles :8122879: it's incredible to me how can anyone hate him, but the fact that he literally FEELS IT LIKE NEEDLES... The amount of LOVE should be soooo much bigger and much more powerful!!!!! :img_20:

And the fact that he feels cornered to try more difficult jumps, furthermore risking his health, feeling he's not good enough, when he's on a completely different level of artistry and skating... that's really heartbreaking... the cruelty and the unfairness of it all..... :10742290:

34 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

I will introduce myself on the other thread, but let me just briefly note that the first live FS event I attended was the World Championship 1977 in Tokyo - Yoyogi National Stadeum - where Minoru Sano won the first bronze medal for single men's skating

:eeking: :worship::bow:

Welcome, looking forward to read more from you ;), it's always interesting to hear stories from veteran watchers!

5 hours ago, ICeleste said:

I mean, even some Yuzu fans are saying that Chen deserved to win... If even fanyus can't see this farce then what makes you think that patriotic, biased Nathan fans will suddenly change their mind after Raf's interview...

You know what, iCeleste? I think you've bought into the idea that Yuzu deserves winning no matter what he does and no matter what others do  a bit too much. No, saying that Nathan deserved to win isn't a sign of being brainwashed, it's a sign of acknowledgeing that Yuzu is fallible and that Nathan had excellent skates. I'll be the first to say that Nathan was grossly overscored, but he had tremendous technical arsenal which he went clean on whereas Yuzu made one big ****** mistake in the SP and lesser one in the FS, plus a few tight landings. Yes, Nathan isn't half the artist Yuzu is but as fans of figure skating we should be able to look past our personal bias and give credit where it's due. And Nathan does deserve credit for his athletic ability. I feel like we're rehashing the Dai vs Yuzu story from Japanese Nationals 2012, only now Yuzu is Dai and Nathan is Yuzu.

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Yuzuru has returned to Canada (kuyashii.com)

thank God he's back and safe. its good for him to stay away from japan media and pressure now and concentrate on his next plan. i wish him the best in his recovery. yuzu, please take as much care and time off as you needed. we will wait no matter what even if that means we will become dry cacti again. as long as you are healthy and happy we will support you (eventho im sure he is back and start training again)

12 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

thank God he's back and safe. its good for him to stay away from japan media and pressure now and concentrate on his next plan. i wish him the best in his recovery. yuzu, please take as much care and time off as you needed. we will wait no matter what even if that means we will become dry cacti again. as long as you are healthy and happy we will support you (eventho im sure he is back and start training again)

Yes i agree ! I guess that he’ll be back at practice as soon as possible