General Yuzuru Chat

Ahh, I just cannot wait and just write my  newest thoughts on the project: we are a global forum. To show support, do you think it would uplift him from where over the globe he has support? Sending him a compilation with snapshot and naming the place where it was made with our wishes? 

4 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Okay, I can open a thread, but I am not technically able to organize the project. :9:

I am always amazed at the talent of satellites...when we have brainstormed enough, I am sure the actual organizing will happen..it depemds on the project: I cannot knit, write Japanese, etc:LOL:

But perhaps I can do something...we will see.

5 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Okay, I can open a thread, but I am not technically able to organize the project. :9:

I'm sure a lot of people will be willing to help :goat:

5 minutes ago, raebia said:

Ahh, I just cannot wait and just write my last thoughts on the project: we are a global forum. To show support, do you think it would uplift him from where over the globe he has support? Sending him a compilation with snapshot and naming the place where it was made with our wishes? 

I think it's always nice to show him how many fans he has all over the world. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

6 minutes ago, raebia said:

Ahh, I just cannot wait and just write my last thoughts on the project: we are a global forum. To show support, do you think it would uplift him from where over the globe he has support? Sending him a compilation with snapshot and naming the place where it was made with our wishes? 

Then it’s back to words and all isn’t it?? Which is great too don’t get me wrong, but we have done and can always do projects like that. But I’m still hoping for something that he can touch, hold and gaze at, something simple that he doesn’t have to read into so much to feel the presence of our support vividly. Ok last post! Switching to new thread :1:

@micaelisHappy belated birthday! I'm not so terribly far behind you in age, and yes: the physical things that didn't bother you not 5 years ago can lay you out flat today.

In thinking about Yuzu and his skating, I found a Japanese saying:  "Mono no aware" which means " the awareness of impermanence  or transience of things, and both a transient gentle sadness (or wistfulness) at their passing as well as a longer, deeper gentle sadness about this state being the reality of life."

So the theme of sakura --deeply cherished for its short but beautiful time -- is very appropriate here. 

That being said, we are still all here, from all corners of this earth, and so let's enjoy this springtime. Ours, Yuzu's, everyone.

(Yeah, feeling contemplative today. Need more coffee.)

Edit: Not saying Yuzu is past his prime, giving up, incapable of improvement, etc.  He just has to adjust as things change. I hate change but he's made of stronger stuff than I am!)

Greetings to my fellow Planet Hanyu denizens!  I am finally making my first post - after all these years of following FS and Hanyu-kun - to celebrate my freedom from corporate serfdom (I am taking early retiremen) this week and to share the joy with my fellow fanyus!  I am so grateful for those who worked hard to set up this forum and for the lively and supportive community brought together by our favorite alien boy. Now that I have slipped the bonds of servitude, I rejoice in being able to let loose on this forum and look forward to joining you on the continuation of our journey, our pilgrimmage, of discovery. 

I will introduce myself on the other thread, but let me just briefly note that the first live FS event I attended was the World Championship 1977 in Tokyo - Yoyogi National Stadeum - where Minoru Sano won the first bronze medal for single men's skating (I am dating myself...).  I recall being mesmerized by Rodnina and Zaitsev, and Vladimir Kovolev who skated like a ballet dancer (I mean, for real).  Since then, I got busy with school and work, and only picked up FS when Mao and Daisuke emerged, and with Yuzu I have fallen deeply like the rest of you.  Following Yuzu is an emotional roller coaster, but what is life without feeling the depths and intensity of emotions?  I am sure he will continue to explore the limits of athletic abilities and artistic expression, with equal measure of intelligence and passion, and I would not want to miss a single minute of that ride.  I look forward sharing that experience with all of you on this fabulous forum!  

BTW, I am a dressage rider, so I like making analogies between FS and dressage events (especially the freestyle dressage with music).  With that in mind, I would like to present the golden horse of the Iranian steppes, Akhal Teke - as the appropriate gift to propitiate the gods of ice and wish all the best of health and happiness to our golden boy!  

1 minute ago, Umebachi said:

Greetings to my fellow Planet Hanyu denizens!  I am finally making my first post - after all these years of following FS and Hanyu-kun - to celebrate my freedom from corporate serfdom (I am taking early retiremen) this week and to share the joy with my fellow fanyus!  I am so grateful for those who worked hard to set up this forum and for the lively and supportive community brought together by our favorite alien boy. Now that I have slipped the bonds of servitude, I rejoice in being able to let loose on this forum and look forward to joining you on the continuation of our journey, our pilgrimmage, of discovery. 

I will introduce myself on the other thread, but let me just briefly note that the first live FS event I attended was the World Championship 1977 in Tokyo - Yoyogi National Stadeum - where Minoru Sano won the first bronze medal for single men's skating (I am dating myself...).  I recall being mesmerized by Rodnina and Zaitsev, and Vladimir Kovolev who skated like a ballet dancer (I mean, for real).  Since then, I got busy with school and work, and only picked up FS when Mao and Daisuke emerged, and with Yuzu I have fallen deeply like the rest of you.  Following Yuzu is an emotional roller coaster, but what is life without feeling the depths and intensity of emotions?  I am sure he will continue to explore the limits of athletic abilities and artistic expression, with equal measure of intelligence and passion, and I would not want to miss a single minute of that ride.  I look forward sharing that experience with all of you on this fabulous forum!  

BTW, I am a dressage rider, so I like making analogies between FS and dressage events (especially the freestyle dressage with music).  With that in mind, I would like to present the golden horse of the Iranian steppes, Akhal Teke - as the appropriate gift to propitiate the gods of ice and wish all the best of health and happiness to our golden boy!  

Welcome :10742289: i hope you enjoy your stay in this Orbit. You came just in time to await for the next season. So, get ready for the Ice Shows, program announcements, media day, GP Assignments, and Costume Reveal!

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

Welcome :10742289: i hope you enjoy your stay in this Orbit. You came just in time to await for the next season. So, get ready for the Ice Shows, program announcements, media day, GP Assignments, and Costume Reveal!

Hydroblade, Thank you for your tireless efforts in setting up the Forum, and for creating this safe space for the Family!  

5 hours ago, micaelis said:

To all those who have wished me a happy birthday I thank you very much.  Despite my physical weakness my mental faculties remain as sharp as ever and I can honestly say that is the one part of me that I most fear of failing.  I want to thank the forum as a whole also for providing me a place where I can exercise both my writing talents and my intellectual skills.  I try to  make my posts here as articulate and thoughtful as possible and the forum gives me an opportunity to come to know, as far as it is possible in a venue like this, a group of people who give me a means to reach out and communicate with others about topics that I share with them.  That is far different from working in isolation on the novel I've been doing or listening to classical music (A nearly lifelong passion.  I ended up with a PhD in English but I started as a music major).  The internet is my link to the world outside my room and the Planet has given me my most valuable link to a body of living, breathing people.

You certainly do that and it's a a great way for a  not native speaker like me to learn and a pleasure to 'read ' you:68271401:

3 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Hydroblade, Thank you for your tireless efforts in setting up the Forum, and for creating this safe space for the Family!  

(aaaah you're making me cry:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:) It was a joint effort, and it wouldn't be what it is now without the great community who keeps on participating in so many ways.