General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I hear "oh my god, Yuzu's doing his tea down and we're all like - " 

"WHAT?"

"We're all just chillin' "

The sound isn't particularly good, there's a lot of background noise. So yeah, I really can't hear clearly what she says he's doing. But even without that, it makes sense he'd do team trophy unless he's too injured to. He is Japan's big gun right now. 

LOL yeah, but he's not :D

3 hours ago, Ania said:

3 hours ago, Ania said:

And, asked about Yuzuru Hanyu's long-term plans, specifically for Beijing 2022, he said: "Do I think he can physically maintain this? The answer would be yes."

Remember, the full interview with Orser will be available on Olympic Channel in the week ahead

I always have 2 reactions to this:

1. WTH does Brian know? He was still able to 3A at the age of 39 ( see: Goodwill Games 2002), he probably thinks it's normal to do that. 

2. On the other hand, no one else would know better what's possible to do than a man who made it to that age with his 3A intact.

And then I :smiley_hairpull:

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Ummm.... (I think Shoma should sit this out as well but with Yuzu out that was a long shot)

Why do this to Shoma? They could just as easily send Kazuki. 

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

If you ask me, he should just take the whole summer off and limit his skating to the parts where he isn't flying through the air, but I guess that actually would backfire if he loses too much muscle and muscle memory

One more thing: 

Happy Birthday, @micaelis!

55576449_407058883177755_804198128569181

I just want to say that my Photobook II has finally reached me totally by surprise since my sis purchased it and was keeping it with her in my country. I feel so emotional recieving this, he always comes at the right moment to sooth my heart. The past week of WC was hard and this week I'm having tests, I was feeling so drained and unmotivated, but now I'm full on again and I will try my best to live up to being a Yuzuru Hanyu's fan! 

Yuzu not going to WTT? That is wonderful. I thought he would have to do his duty and go, but wow, he is allowed to miss it!!! So happy to see that, although that really is even more evidence of how rough things are for him. He should go home and rest and do his treatments etc..

Poor Shoma, he needs rest too. But good for Keiji... some easy cash for him!!

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I thought they might send Daisuke. Poor shoma, it seemed like one of them needed to be sacrificed :/

I’m super concerned. He’s still struggling with injury and judging by his statements after FS his mental health might be in a bad place too. If he skates well at WTT he might see improvement in his confidence but I still think he should have taken time to rest :/

I wonder, was this his decision or is Fed sending him? Could have he opted out? 

3 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Oh thank God! It seems he really wants be fit for all those quads planned. :hachimaki:

Kuyashii will lead him to a 4A. This “off season” will be interesting hehe

I’m very relieved that Y isn’t going to WTT. - and concerned that S is.  I wonder whether the punishing schedule of competitions that he has done the last few seasons are catching up with him. I hope he will be choosy about what ice shows he does and get some rest.

Thank you @makebelieveup and @KatjaThera for putting my whole emotional journey and thoughts of the last few days into words!

I am really scared of what the future may hold for our champion, especially with injuries. I have no doubt he will reign supreme and unchallenged once more. I don't expect him to give up on any performance qualities, either--despite the very logical suggestions that he should drop some of his gorgeous in-between elements work... He will reach heights unimaginable for anyone else. And that's utterly terrifying. But worry and fear could never make me give up on him. (And neither can competition results he would consider unsatisfying. I am here for his beautiful skating, and I will forever be, regardless of technical content.)

There is this little facet I'd like to add to this sad but hopeful but also terrifying story. Like @makebelieveup I could only feel crushed and dead inside after Nathan's results were announced and after the talk of "catching up" and tech content upgrades (and injuries :cry:) began. I will never stop rioting inside whenever the results of this competition are mentioned. I'll never forgive ISU for what they did to Yuzu! But reading his last interviews, I feel much better about the future, even though if it were my choice, I'd rather he did not risk injuries even if it means immediate retirement, even if it means we would never see him skate in a competition again. :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380: However, when he said he had been directionless after the Olympics, but is very motivated now that he has a clearly defined goal--this I understand all too well.

I used to have a goal, a lofty hard-to-reach thing I worked on for years and years. It was supposed to be my future, to give me everything I ever wanted. Then, I achieved that goal. And life went on. The "future" is too broad and multicolored, and apparently achieving your biggest goal of over ten years does not magically simplify it and become your source of eternal happiness, even when that big goal had been the ideal university education that gives me knowledge and skills and other advantages (prestige?) that I'll be able to avail by for the rest of my life, or cements Yuzu's place in history and gives him everything he needs to build a successful post-competitive career in the long run.

I had to spend many years directionless and depressed until I found other lofty pursuits that bring me happiness and satisfaction far superior to anything I've felt before. That's why if Yuzu has found a happy thing that motivates him and gives him purpose, I'll support him no matter how painful his new pursuit will be.

I will never forgive ISU for every cut and bruise and injury he'll have to endure on the way. Every drop of blood and every moment of pain is on them now! But as long as Yuzuru Hanyu is happy and makes well-thought out and mature choices about his career, his future, and about what is worth all this pain and sacrifice to him, I'll support him and be forever grateful for his skating.

Yuzu makes the world a more beautiful place for all of us. Which is good because he deserves to live in the most beautiful world we could help build for him!

44 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

I will try my best to live up to being a Yuzuru Hanyu's fan! 

Honestly, this is something I would love to be able to like at least 20 times!

It filled my heart with an inexpressible feeling. Now I want to repeat it to myself every day so that I won't forget to be the best version of a human being.

Thank you!

:cri:

2 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Honestly, this is something I would love to be able to like at least 20 times!

It filled my heart with an inexpressible feeling. Now I want to repeat it to myself every day so that I won't forget to be the best version of a human being.

Thank you!

:cri:

Re: It is powerful isn’t it. I read these words from another Satellite on Tumblr and it’s so very inspiring. She said something along the lines “I can’t stand calling myself his fan, knowing all the walls he has broken to achieve his dreams, and do not have the courage to fight for my own.”

Imagine how this strength that ignited from him will pass down to all the little people, bit by bit, making all of us better. Yuzuru really builds my faith in humanity.

I give you, the visual presentation of Men Figure skating :9:

32 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Trollzuru Trollanyu strikes again!:rofl:

Pray for Zuzu's WR in SP.

After all, Yuzu's programs this season were not tailored to break records. We'll see what his kuyashii will create in September.

If a program not tailored for record breaking is this number... what will he make? :pouty:

14 hours ago, micaelis said:

I fundamentally agree with you but I would also add another element that must be taken into account as far as how Yuzu proceeds in the future - the injury.  For the second season in a row he has been forced to sit out much of the season because of an injury.  We know Yuzu is intelligent, very intelligent in fact, and the fact that virtually identical injuries have dealt him two radically shortened seasons means he's undoubtedly looking at whatever significance they might hold for him.  As 4Nessie said, he has to get back into fighting mode.  And I think he has to have programs that reflect that.  Except for LGC his competitive programs in recent seasons have had a meditative quality to them.  He has to get back to dramatic, over-the-top programs like POTO and RJ1.  He has to get back to that fire he had when he was working his way from the ranks of 'promising young skaters' to his breakout season, 2013-14.  True, he had real focus after that season when he was on a mission to capture a second Olympic gold, but that pursuit was one conducted from his position as the number-one-ranked men's skater.  Psychologically I think he needs to get back to the mental set where he was working to do the stuff that enabled him to be ranked number one and to keep that ranking. 

The important element that has to be taken into account as he once again works to earn that number one ranking is the fact that he now knows he is physically fragile.  He's in his mid-twenties now, not his mid-teens and things begin happening physically once one reaches that age in which one can be seen to have a fully mature body.  He's past that point now.  It's downhill from now on out so he has to keep that in mind.  True, the physical fitness he has is hardly that of a man looking at his declining years.  Old age comes on very slowly at first, accelerating after one's first half-century.  He has many years left for him but these injuries tell him that he is not invulnerable and that what he could do easily and with little thought of the consequences a decade ago is not now possible.  I think that message has gotten through to him, witness receiving his gold medal while on crutches in Moscow this season.  It was symbolic of the fact that he now knows not only that certain things CAN happen, but that certain things now DO happen. 

I have been writing the above looking back at my own life.  I turn 72 today and my health is such I can't be confident I'll reach 73.  Until some four years ago I went everywhere on my bike (I've never had a driver's license), cheerfully going ten miles or so without any real worry.  Then my health took a sudden downturn and since that time I've been unable to use my bike.  In fact nowadays I spend most of my time in a wheelchair.  I've become very much aware of how things can go wrong with a body I'd spent decades never particularly worrying about.  Things can go wrong rapidly and I think that is something that is perhaps finally dawning on Yuzu.  Two years in a row his right ankle has sabotaged his season.  He has to be trying to figure out how to minimize the chances of a repeat or ways to minimize something else happening.  How he goes about it I can't say but I'm sure that even more than a 4A trying to get a handle on how to skate to his max without injuring himself has to be Yuzu's top priority right now.  He overcame the primarily mental effects of the earthquake.  I'm sure he'll do the same here, but the solution, when it comes, might be as surprising to him as to everybody else once he implements it.

really really late but happy birthday and all the positive vibes in the world to you :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

9 hours ago, SylessJinx said:

Is Nathan competing at WTT?

Hmmm, I think we still don't know, but why not. And there is always Shoma.

And I wanted Zuzu Rika 3a battle. The worst season ever.:68811363:

But thank you, Zuzu, even for this season. Looks like you needed it to find good mindset after Olympics. Can't wait to see you at FaOI Sendai.  And please, gain your lost muscles back.:68556365:

2 minutes ago, faeline said:

After all, Yuzu's programs this season were not tailored to break records. We'll see what his kuyashii will create in September.

If a program not tailored for record breaking is this number... what will he make? :pouty:

GIVE ME HANYU KOI DANCE PROGRAM!!!!! KOI DANCE PROGRAM WILL BREAK NEW SCORING SYSTEM *burning-elmo.gif*