General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

Someone was watching the press  conference on Japanese news with her Japanese mother who was startled by something Yuzuru said and translated it “ He says he has many secret weapons that he now has to use in the free program”

:drink1:

I've watched the interview and read the Japanese transcript but I couldn't find the part "he has many secret weapons that he now has to use in the free program" so that could be a super-translation (超訳) ...?

4 hours ago, Neenah said:

I don't think Yuzu will be doing anything reckless in the free. he has been in this situation before and he won by skating his planned layout the best way possible. What he really needs is to calm down and regain his confidence, everything else will follow.

I am a bit worried though because of the ladies results. I hope he doesn't pressure himself to get a win for Japan because the ladies failed to do so and Shoma is a question mark at this point. Hopefully Shoma will do well to help both of them relax a bit and feel better about the competition :smiley-angelic001:

Yuzu knows how to skate 'safe', although his skating safe is a lot more risky than others.  That's simply because he's a better skater.  He skated safe at PC and took gold.  He'll do the same here.  His back is against the wall and those are the times when the 'absolute champion' emerges.  As for the ladies' results, I don't think Yuzu feels himself responsible there.   I remember a documentary from way back where Yuzu was talking with the owner of a small restaurant and the fellow was telling Yuzu he should not skate for all the people of Japan or for the survivors of the quake.  He should skate for himself and from Yuzu's reaction and later developments in that documentary apparently Yuzu took that advice to heart because evidently that was the point where Yuzu realized that by skating for himself he was doing exactly what was needed for his part in the quake recovery.  As much as Yuzu might feel concern about the lack of Japanese on the ladies' podium he is not going to try to compensate for that by putting extra pressure on himself.  No!  Yuzu will do what that restaurant owner said - He'll skate for himself.

20 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

wat?

:( poor bb. he's smart and will what he needs to do. but it must suck so much for his quads to just stop working so well. they are a part of his identity :cry:

Spoiler

Tried reading the article — the gist of it that I was able to get was more like he had no choice but to put in the 4Lo, even when the success rate is not so good ? :think:

Oh boy, he surely needs some miracle for that 4Lo :smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001:

A bit off-topic maybe, but I had such a great thing happen to me at work today. 

So, first of: I work as a bookseller in a pretty large bookshop, and it’s not unusual for us to sometimes receive free gifts from the publishing houses we order from.

Today, I had just finished my lunch break (which I spent bothering my colleagues by gasping over the ladies event) when one of our buyers came up to me. I barely know her, so I was really surprised when she said “You like figure skating, right?”

She didn’t have the tone of voice that would suggest that she had just discovered a shared interest, but I said yes, wondering where this was going. 

I definitely didn’t expect her to say: “That’s great! We got this figure skating magazine in an order from Japan, and I don’t know what to do with it. Maybe you want it?” 

Of course I agreed to take it, though as she went and fetched it I thought that it would probably be pretty wasted on me, seeing as how the only words I know in Japanese are yonkaiten and kuyashii. 

And then she came back, and with her she had a magazine with a picture of Yuzu on the cover, posing with his Olympic gold medal. It turned out the magazine was a Pyeonchang Olympics memorial special, which basically means that it’s over 80 pages entirely filled with big beautiful pictures of Yuzu from the Olympics, as well as a few pages each for Shoma and Javi. 

I have never even contemplated buying anything figure skating-related from Japan because of the shipping costs, and this was just so unexpected and brightened up my whole day. It sounds really smug retelling it, but it made me so happy. I also showed the magazine to one of my favourite co-workers (she covered for me today while I secretly watched the last few free skates) and she thinks Yuzu is “incredibly handsome”. 

I just really, really like my job.

1 hour ago, caterpillar said:

So, first of: I work as a bookseller in a pretty large bookshop, and it’s not unusual for us to sometimes receive free gifts from the publishing houses we order from.

Today, I had just finished my lunch break (which I spent bothering my colleagues by gasping over the ladies event) when one of our buyers came up to me. I barely know her, so I was really surprised when she said “You like figure skating, right?”

She didn’t have the tone of voice that would suggest that she had just discovered a shared interest, but I said yes, wondering where this was going. 

I definitely didn’t expect her to say: “That’s great! We got this figure skating magazine in an order from Japan, and I don’t know what to do with it. Maybe you want it?” 

Of course I agreed to take it, though as she went and fetched it I thought that it would probably be pretty wasted on me, seeing as how the only words I know in Japanese are yonkaiten and kuyashii. 

And then she came back, and with her she had a magazine with a picture of Yuzu on the cover, posing with his Olympic gold medal. It turned out the magazine was a Pyeonchang Olympics memorial special, which basically means that it’s over 80 pages entirely filled with big beautiful pictures of Yuzu from the Olympics, as well as a few pages each for Shoma and Javi. 

I have never even contemplating buying anything figure skating-related from Japan because of the shipping costs, and this was just so unexpected and brightened up my whole day. It sounds really smug retelling it, but it made me so happy. I also showed the magazine to one of my favourite co-workers (she covered for me today while I secretly watched the last few free skates) and she thinks Yuzu is “incredibly handsome”. 

That is so cool! What a coincidence! She overhearded your interest in FS and she had the FS magazine that she didn’t know what to do with it!! 

He’s indeed very handsome isn't he!

let’s  all pray for Origin, sending positive vibes and love to Yuzu!!

1 hour ago, MeowZu said:

I dreamt of Jackie Wong tweeting 3X WORLD CHAMPION YUZURU HANYU

Is this a good omen?

You know what's weird? I had a dream he won Worlds last month, and I've never dreamed about skaters or competitions before..

and then I saw a suggested news article on my phone about it being the aniversary of his Olympic win and I was like Whaaaaaaatt is thiisss sorcery, I didn't even pay attention or realise it was coming up... it's just like energy senses or something.

Hopefully we can tell the future, lol.

The only thing I wish for Yuzu now is that he skate "Origin" clean in a manner that he will be proud of and in the way he envisioned it to be in his image training.

The only thing he can control is the way he performs this program. The judges and the performances of the other skaters are out of his hands.

Please God let Yuzu exceed his free program achievement at the 2017 Helsinki Worlds by skating a flawless "Origin" at the 2019 Saitama Worlds. Let him have no regrets.

I dont know if I'm back in time for Yuzuru's group, but once again, I hope the best for him and he can skate a LP that he dream of. After all I'm grateful that he fighted all his way back to be here, to give us chance to see him and his beautiful skating.

I think about him keep trying 4lo again and realize it took a huge mental strength to do a jump that make you injuried. He came from landing it once out of 50 attempts a few weeks ago to get to this stage.  I pray that his hard word would pay off. Good luck Yuzuru.

9 hours ago, caterpillar said:

I have never even contemplating buying anything figure skating-related from Japan because of the shipping costs, and this was just so unexpected and brightened up my whole day. It sounds really smug retelling it, but it made me so happy. I also showed the magazine to one of my favourite co-workers (she covered for me today while I secretly watched the last few free skates) and she thinks Yuzu is “incredibly handsome”. 

That's a great story, thanks for sharing it! I'm happy for you :D