General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

:68271401:

No more crying, no more sadness, guys!

Today, we've confirmed one thing that should heal us immediately:

We now know for certain, that he is going to be competing next season!!! (he DID say that today, so... I am happy!)

Guys, what more could we want?

We will see him competing next season again!!!

:68556365:

Yesss he will continue to compete! Not only that, If he's healthy he will try 4A! :dancingpooh: that's exciting and scary at the same time. Please God be kind to yuzu.:snonegai: 

Anyway, his Otonal yesterday night was great despite the pop on Sal. The axel and stsq were amazing . And the spins with new hand movements, I love it!! And I can't wait to see Origin. I'm being positive after all. I'll just enjoy yuzuru's skating. It's healing. Just be proud of yourself yuzu! You did good job already, go fights in the free :angrypooh:

So came home from work, planted myself in front of my tv (before kids and husband came home) to watch Yuzuru's performance today and not be interrupted.  I had recorded Eurosport UK coverage, and went straight to Yuzuru's performance, sat there, saw the popped sal... but then as i watched the performance I couldn't get over how bad it was... i was thinking why is everyone saying his performance was beautiful.... it is completely off... so watched it a few times, and i was like, that is the worst performance he has ever done of this. Why can't people see it!!! Then I noticed it............ the audience started clapping for his combination.. and yet i didn't hear the applause for almost a second after... the whole bloody recording is completely out of sync.. so went online to watch his performance and then discovered that of course it was bloody brilliant!!  Can't wait for Saturday.. as we know anything happen. 

1 hour ago, anyanee said:

Guys help me, I've cried for the third time now and even many told me to send positive energy but I just can't....I'm really depress right now and I have class at uni tomorrow what should I do???

Don't cry bae, reminds yourself Yuzu is so happy to come back, which is the sheer fact you can sense from his pre-comp practice. I believe what he is going through now is that which makes him stronger in future.

9 minutes ago, Freyuru said:

So came home from work, planted myself in front of my tv (before kids and husband came home) to watch Yuzuru's performance today and not be interrupted.  I had recorded Eurosport UK coverage, and went straight to Yuzuru's performance, sat there, saw the popped sal... but then as i watched the performance I couldn't get over how bad it was... i was thinking why is everyone saying his performance was beautiful.... it is completely off... so watched it a few times, and i was like, that is the worst performance he has ever done of this. Why can't people see it!!! Then I noticed it............ the audience started clapping for his combination.. and yet i didn't hear the applause for almost a second after... the whole bloody recording is completely out of sync.. so went online to watch his performance and then discovered that of course it was bloody brilliant!!  Can't wait for Saturday.. as we know anything happen. 

OMG, that is hilarious. I was thinking, "What!? How could anyone think it was totally off and the worst of his... oh. :smiley-laughing021:"

Everybody, let's not have the funeral before the body is dead.  Yuzu's been down before.  In every occasion in the past where he's been down he's come back , not always to a win, but he always improves.  I can't remember a single instance when his free skate was worse than a bad short program.  He's got fourteen points to overcome.  That's wide but not insurmountable.   Nathan is not as all-powerful as his fans would like everybody to think.  He's as vulnerable to gravity as everybody else.  That he's on top right now is hardly unprecedented.  (What is unprecedented is Jason in second.  Has TCC been that good for him?)  What will motivate Yuzu is not his desire to win but his desire for perfection.  Yuzu will be at his best when he puts his energies towards skating perfectly and puts the competitive element on the back burner.  Johnny Weir once said, several seasons ago, "Nobody can beat a perfect Yuzuru Hanyu."  It was true then.  I'm positive it remains true today.

I want to add one more thing. I always impressed by yuzu's mental strength. 

He's nervous and did a mistake yet he's still deliver a great  performances till the end. If he's not good with handling mistake and controlling his mind he would never nailed a great 3A and 4T3T. And that stsq is everything. 

Somehow I want to become like yuzu, how to be strong in handling pressures and still motivated to not give up  on something? Yuzu teach me your way. 

29 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

:68271401:

No more crying, no more sadness, guys!

Today, we've confirmed one thing that should heal us immediately:

We now know for certain, that he is going to be competing next season!!! (he DID say that today, so... I am happy!)

Guys, what more could we want?

We will see him competing next season again!!!

:68556365:

Every small fall is the start to rise up. Yuzu is still a growing athlete. Just thinking about he will continually elevate himself to a higher standard would make me feel so grateful and content.

1 minute ago, micaelis said:

Everybody, let's not have the funeral before the body is dead.  Yuzu's been down before.  In every occasion in the past where he's been down he's come back , not always to a win, but he always improves.  I can't remember a single instance when his free skate was worse than a bad short program.  He's got fourteen points to overcome.  That's wide but not insurmountable.   Nathan is not as all-powerful as his fans would like everybody to think.  He's as vulnerable to gravity as everybody else.  That he's on top right now is hardly unprecedented.  (What is unprecedented is Jason in second.  Has TCC been that good for him?)  What will motivate Yuzu is not his desire to win but his desire for perfection.  Yuzu will be at his best when he puts his energies towards skating perfectly and puts the competitive element on the back burner.  Johnny Weir once said, several seasons ago, "Nobody can beat a perfect Yuzuru Hanyu."  It was true then.  I'm positive it remains true today.

I agree with you and I know exactly what you mean here lol It's just I hate to reference Johnny's words now. He said this before and then he also said Yuzu can't beat Nathan now. So this statement is now leaving me a bad taste lol 

5 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

I want to add one more thing. I always impressed by yuzu's mental strength. 

He's nervous and did a mistake yet he's still deliver a great  performances till the end. If he's not good with handling mistake and controlling his mind he would never nailed a great 3A and 4T3T. And that stsq is everything. 

Somehow I want to become like yuzu, how to be strong in handling pressures and still motivated to not give up  on something? Yuzu teach me your way. 

Keep watching his performances and watching/reading his interviews, and it might just rub off on you. It sure did with me. It amazes me on a regular basis how someone who probably doesn't know I exist has stomped so many bad habits out of me!

I survived Boston, I will survive this. We can’t expect miracles of him every time he steps on ice - but it’s a miracle he ‘s out there. Thank you, Yuzu, for sticking around in the sport a little longer. It’s a royal gift! 

41 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

So a couple of days ago I saw a tweet rant about how the US coverage saying that Nathan is so impressive because he's a college student as well as a skater when Yuzu does the same thing and no one mentions it. ( in the US). I never really noticed it before but now that I see it I can't unsee it?

Now some of this I think is that we as fans read a lot of translations of articles, making the effort to seek out fan subs or poor google translations where as maybe the US media does not? But that seems kinda lazy for journalists. I mean Yuzu is Olympic champion. But I guess each country likes to push their own.

Anyway, I just tuned into the NBCSN coverage and wouldn't you know they start off with Yuzu versus "the American college student."  :gla:

Well, one can argue that Yuzu does his University in an online/long-distance program. He doesn't actually go to classes, he's not away from his coach and he possibly has more flexibility, while Nathan probably goes to classes, only gets to face time his coach and depends on the curriculum. But I personally am starting to think this arrangement might work better for Nathan. He actually has less pressure and is possibly the time who does better with some 'distractions' on the side (a la Javi) than fully focusing all energy on skating (a la Yuzu). Being away from Raf might have helped, too. I admit I don't follow them, but at Olys, I did not get the impression Raf was helping Nathan at all, quite the contrary. It could be Raf's style works well with some skaters but at times it looks more like it stresses Nathan than helps him. So not being around him every day might have helped Nathan stay fairly relaxed. I could be totally wrong, though, this was just my impression.

3 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

Keep watching his performances and watching/reading his interviews, and it might just rub off on you. It sure did with me. It amazes me on a regular basis how someone who probably doesn't know I exist has stomped so many bad habits out of me!

His interviews always make me speechless :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: he's so wise despite his young age, he's wiser than me who's older than him! 

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

I survived Boston, I will survive this. We can’t expect miracles of him every time he steps on ice - but it’s a miracle he ‘s out there. Thank you, Yuzu, for sticking around in the sport a little longer. It’s a royal gift! 

Idk he's exist when COC'14 and Boston happened. I salute to all of you who have survived from the start of yuzu's career. What a journey. 

I survived the stress from combo of doom era, bad SP WC Helsinki,  even I survived last Olympic, I don't know how but I'm still here following yuzu. Even though I'm very nervous when the time 6 minutes warm up comes and when he's on the ice but I reached the condition where I'm zen and calm when something  not right happen after the performance. What happened just happen and let it go, moving forward. Sad to see his disappointed face but I know he's strong, he'll be fine. this is just me comforting myself. I believe in you yuzu! 

Just came back from a walk (I highly reccomend it), here are my thoughts