General Yuzuru Chat

I know nobody cares about ranking in FS, but I got curious so I did some calculations to see what will happen after WC. :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Current ranking is 1=Shoma, 2=Nathan, 3=Yuzu. Shoma is #1 since he got his 4CC title (which Yuzu & Nathan skipped), but if I understand the ISU rules correctly, only one "ISU world championship" (which includes 4CC/EC/WC I guess) result is counted at the end so he won't gain much after WC even if he wins the whole thing, whereas Nathan and Yuzu will up their score significantly if they get a good result.

In short:

-Nathan is assured to finish #1 as long as he is on the podium at WC. If Nathan is 4th or 5th, Yuzu can clinch the #1 ranking spot with a victory or silver medal, respectively.

-While Yuzu has a very small chance to get #1 (see above), he is at least assured to be #2 if he finishes 4th or better at WC. And even if Yuzu is 5th at WC, Shoma needs to win the competition to beat him to #2 ranking.

-Shoma will likely finish the year #3. Even with a gold medal, he needs Yuzu to be no better than 5th and Nathan 8th to beat them. Considering the gap between the Yuzu/Shoma/Nathan trio and the rest of the field this season, very unlikely. Even if you want to add Boyang in the mix as a serious medal hopeful for instance, it would take a considerate bombing from Yuzu and/or Nathan for Shoma to finish better than #3.

So, pretty much 90% chance of having 1=Nathan, 2=Yuzu, 3=Shoma after WC. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Again, not a big deal really. Still interesting to see that even with missing half of the season twice in a row, Yuzu is still in the mix for the top ranking spots since, whenever he competes, he gets excellent results (by a normal person standard).  :popcorn: By the way, ISU has a bit of a weird ranking system if you ask me.

23 minutes ago, Veveco said:

I know nobody cares about ranking in FS, but I got curious so I did some calculations to see what will happen after WC. :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Current ranking is 1=Shoma, 2=Nathan, 3=Yuzu. Shoma is #1 since he got his 4CC title (which Yuzu & Nathan skipped), but if I understand the ISU rules correctly, only one "ISU world championship" (which includes 4CC/EC/WC I guess) result is counted at the end so he won't gain much after WC even if he wins the whole thing, whereas Nathan and Yuzu will up their score significantly if they get a good result.

In short:

-Nathan is assured to finish #1 as long as he is on the podium at WC. If Nathan is 4th or 5th, Yuzu can clinch the #1 ranking spot with a victory or silver medal, respectively.

-While Yuzu has a very small chance to get #1 (see above), he is at least assured to be #2 if he finishes 4th or better at WC. And even if Yuzu is 5th at WC, Shoma needs to win the competition to beat him to #2 ranking.

-Shoma will likely finish the year #3. Even with a gold medal, he needs Yuzu to be no better than 5th and Nathan 8th to beat them. Considering the gap between the Yuzu/Shoma/Nathan trio and the rest of the field this season, very unlikely. Even if you want to add Boyang in the mix as a serious medal hopeful for instance, it would take a considerate bombing from Yuzu and/or Nathan for Shoma to finish better than #3.

So, pretty much 90% chance of having 1=Nathan, 2=Yuzu, 3=Shoma after WC. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Again, not a big deal really. Still interesting to see that even with missing half of the season twice in a row, Yuzu is still in the mix for the top ranking spots since, whenever he competes, he gets excellent results (by a normal person standard).  :popcorn: By the way, ISU has a bit of a weird ranking system if you ask me.

You have to keep in mind that the 2016/17 results will be canceled at the end of the season. That includes Yuzu's victories at GPF 2016 and Worlds 2017, so he will loose many many points... 1890 in total and he hasn't competed that much since then.

However, he will stay in the top 6 (which is important for GP selections and skating in the final group) and the rest doesn't matter.

22 minutes ago, Veveco said:

I didn't check when they remove those, I assumed it'd be at the start of the next season. Do they do it as soon as WC end? :huh: When does the season officially end/start? WTT still counts as the current season, doesn't it? 

I'm not sure how they handle team event results in individual world standings. I don't think that they count at all...?
My guess is that the cut will happen during the summer break, when the new season has officially started.
Then season 16/17 will be skipped completely and 17/18 reduced to 70%.

#Sidenote: it's so stupid that only the best or two best results in a segment count for the rankings:

one ISU championship (Olympics, Worlds or Continentals)

two GP events (Final included)

two Challenger events

That means: someone who finished on the podium at Olympics, Worlds and Euros (or 4CC) in one season, but missed the rest due to injury or sth, ends up with less points than someone who competed in all 7 events (minus GPF), but didn't medal anywhere...

48 minutes ago, Sabrina said:

Thanks!

how is there a time schedule for WTT already but not Worlds :disdain:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Laureus is doing some kind of flashback/best moments 2019 marathon on their twitter page and Yuzu plus fandom are mentioned. Twice.

This post again reminded me of the ancient fight for recognition of the international fandom :laughing:

At the same time it made me really curious, how many different countries we could actually get together, if all fans gathered...?

Imagine all the nationalities colored on a huge world map banner...

I'm about to start a poll, but I'm not sure, if Laureus is the best platform for this...

Not long ago, someone posted a bar graph of all the satellites' location stats. We have people here from everywhere. Including Mongolia. And all those tiny Pacific island nations. I think Antarctica might have been the only continent not represented.

35 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Happy Swanyu Anniversary:68271401:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

the only acceptable reaction to that program:softYuzu:

Yuzuru, I hope you know what that program, skated like that on that ice, meant for us. What all PyeongChang OWG meant for us.

Thank you:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Not long ago, someone posted a bar graph of all the satellites' location stats. We have people here from everywhere. Including Mongolia. And all those tiny Pacific island nations. I think Antarctica might have been the only continent not represented.

We have a poll here, maybe it could be useful, it's got a map too. 

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

We have a poll here, maybe it could be useful, it's got a map too. 

Oh, I haven't seen that one before - pretty cool! The graph I saw had all the countries people were from on the x-axis, and how many from each country on the y. Wish I could remember the thread it was in...

Found it!:satellite: