General Yuzuru Chat

39 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Or maybe... jumping 4A on the left foot... :darklordyuzu:

My brain automatically dysfuncions when tried to picture he using left foot to land 4A, cuz my brain doesn't distinguish right and left.

If he is going to land an A jump by left foot, does that mean he need takeoff also by left foot, and from opposite direction....

:2:

5 minutes ago, Anzi said:

My brain automatically dysfuncions when tried to picture he using left foot to land 4A, cuz my brain doesn't distinguish right and left.

If he is going to land an A jump by left foot, does that mean he need takeoff also by left foot, and from opposite direction....

:think: Imagine if he jumps 4A and rotates CCW but lands on left foot :think: then the tech panel has a dilemma, should it count?

1. BUT IT'S A 4A!!

2. Rules say you must land on the right foot for the last jump.

3. They haven't been fully enforcing this rule.

Solution: Tack on a toe loop :smiley-devil:

Just now, Anzi said:

Yeah, I suppose it should be a reverse axel. I just felt it would be magnificent. Or weird...

Oh, I almost forgot, there are actually people jumping reverse... Johnny

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Or just jumping 4A. For all we know, his ankle could be fully healed. 

My money's on 4Lo coming back, though.

Tuesday, March 19. Yuzu's first official practice:

Spoiler

1S
Long spiral session
1T

1A

Origin RT with no jumps
1Lo

1A

Longer spiral session
Bow.

Wednesday, March 20. Planned program contents for the men's event are announced:

Spoiler

G1T1nao.png

40 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Hide contents

1S
Long spiral session
1T

1A

Origin RT with no jumps
1Lo

1A

Longer spiral session
Bow.

Wednesday, March 20. Planned program contents for the men's event are announced:

Hide contents

G1T1nao.png

I think you're selling him short.  I bet he'll do 4Lz instead of 4S and 4T-Eu-4S,.

15 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I think you're selling him short.  I bet he'll do 4Lz instead of 4S and 4T-Eu-4S,.

Nah, I think he'll save these babies for next season. Otherwise it will be too exhausting to improve and break his own records :P

#Footnote: Since I've guessed Nijinsky as his new FS correctly, I'm a bit worried that this is not too far away from reality...:embSwan:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Reveal hidden contents

1S
Long spiral session
1T

1A

Origin RT with no jumps
1Lo

1A

Longer spiral session
Bow.

Hide contents

G1T1nao.png

4a3a in bonus part :animated-smileys-halloween-012:

17 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

A terrific analysis, beautifully stated. I think a lot about  what sets him apart, beyond his obvious technical prowess or even his "artistic" mastery. It comes down to something almost existential -- the way he owns every instant and every detail of his programs. I think that's a phenomenon that unites him and Pluchenko and even Johnny Weir, although their styles and personae are so different in other ways. 

During competitions, I often find myself thinking about how other skaters' programs would look if Yuzu skated them. (Usually, better, IMHO.) But it's ludicrous to think of anyone else skating one of Yuzu's programs, even if they had the technical ability to do it. Imagine anyone else trying the scream in RJ1or the death stare at the end of Ballade, the ice kiss in Haru Yo Koi or the head jerk in Origin. Almost every program is full of iconic moments that only he can pull off because they are HIM, he believes them. The man cries at the end of Swanyu -- during practice. 

Of course, I would love for him to skate competitively forever. But I'm also excited to see what he will bring to the FS world -- and the world at large -- once he's free of the restraints of competition. As more than one commentator has said recently, he's truly transcended the sport. 

You nailed it. Taking full ownership of his programs is one major thing that sets him apart. He is so obsessed on this to the point an aura can’t help but hovering over his head. His purity is like 24K gold. Nothing could touch it. It just shines. I’m always in awe when I watch him even if it’s “just” some practice.

48 minutes ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Dont know how it is calculated... can he retain his season end’s World No 1 ranking after winning WC in 4 wks’ time?

That's not likely, could happen only if Shoma and Nathan do very poorly. But does that really matter?