General Yuzuru Chat

Congratulations dear Yuzu! May we share with you more glorious moments like this. That your health is restored and you come back stronger and realize the skating of your dreams.
On this day I could not see Yuzu's skating, because the live stream stopped working just in time for Yuzu. It was horrible. I was so nervous, but I closed my eyes and prayed for him. I followed the score on the Planet. It was amazing! I trembled, I cried and could not breathe. Oh my gosh! He did that! He did! He won! GOLD! GOLD! GOLD!:cri: It was beautiful and unforgettable! I could not sleep. I was very happy . Arigato Yuzu! Arigato Planet Hanyu!:10742289:

I'm fairly sure that Yuzuru won't be present at the ceremony (but please, prove me wrong, Yuzu, and show up in a gorgeous hakama :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:), but maybe we'll get a message by video if he wins? One can dream that yesterday's video was a teaser that was filmed on the same day... :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg: (if not, at least we got one video out of it :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

It cracks me up to see how Laureus jumped on the fanyu bandwagon on Twitter. Pretty sure they did not expect such a response when they nominated our overlord. Olympic Channel has some competition now:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Meanwhile ISU is still clueless 

1 hour ago, holina said:

I know it’s a long shot but I really hope Yuzu will show up at Laureus wearing a Hakama!  Wonder if Brian would advise him to go; it is a really good opportunity to promote figure skating and Japanese culture!  

Even if he turned up, the hakama (and I do mean THAT one, he surely would wear that if any as a compliment to the givers) is probably stored very very carefully in Japan and would have to be flown separately.

On the other hand, trying to get a tuxedo that fits him....

I can’t imagine what it would feel like to carry the weight of a nation, his fans, and his younger self on his shoulders.  But the fact that after all that, he can still thank them all with so much sincerity  is one of the reasons he is so loved.  

Happy 🥇 🥇 Anniversary!