General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Well, to be fair, Helsinki FS was not a great free, especially by Yuzu's standards, so it's actually kind of ridiculous it lasted this long (ridiculous for the other top men skaters, I mean, that they couldn't beat it).ETA: And then, if you remember that Yuzu also got an UR call that was at least questionable - especially when others get overlooked all the time - that makes it even more so. But I also didn't watch Shoma, so no idea how good that was :xD:

Re: Shoma

IMO his best interpretation yet. Very beautiful and touching skate, though I hate to think it was likely because of his injury. :( 

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Did I read correctly that both the US and Japan will have no judges in the men's there?

That’s right. No Russian, either, iirc.

9 hours ago, TallyT said:

Did I read correctly that both the US and Japan will have no judges in the men's there?

According to this tweet the judging panel for the men's event at Worlds looks as follows:

CAN   CHN   TPE   CRO   CZE   FRA   GEO   ISR   MEX   POL   ESP   SUI   TUR

I don't know, who will be sitting in the technical panel. Looking at 4CC and all the questionable calls... this seems to be not less important...

8 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

IMO his best interpretation yet. Very beautiful and touching skate, though I hate to think it was likely because of his injury. :( 

I think the same, but I also think that what made it so touching was that Shoma finally is letting us all see how much he really wants to win. I feel like he's matured a lot this year. It's as if he's finally made up his own mind about why he's competing and what his goals are. But at the same time, I don't want him to change too much. His calm attitude is part of his charm.

LOL Tracy and Javi in that arrival clip:laughing:

aaaah time to go back and re-read some old threads...it feels impossible it's already been a year....:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: a year ago history stilll had to be made at OWG and Yuzuru hasn't said he had grabbed happyness and CiONTU didn't exist and we didn't know about Haru Yo Koi and Dori and Otonal and Origin and THE COMEBACK OF LGC HAIR

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

so many truly amazing things have happened... and then Winter came and we're waiting for Spring again :crybaby::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Anyway are we having a streaming party for OWG? though I might be travelling this week noooo I want to stream everything sob sob sob

Wow, I can't believe it was less than a year ago that I was still a fairly casual fan and hadn't skated in over a decade. I mean, Yuzu was definitely my unequivocal favorite, but I hadn't laid eyes on him in almost four years! I'd never hydrobladed! I didn't even know what a cross roll was! I could still stand to wear tops that were four inches too big in the waist! And things were just... overall duller and less sparkly.

Time sure flies.