General Yuzuru Chat

Eh, that "Yuzu is successful because of Javi" may be just an exaggerated version of our favorite " they push each other" motif. As Javi's girlfriend/ex-gf it wouldn't be surprising, some people tend to have some blinders when it comes to their partners.

In the video, Miki just appears to be telling the truth and is rather nice about it. Yuzu just isn't friendly with everybody.

The retweet is a puzzle though.

To be completely honest, some parts of the Yuzu fandom have started to resemble KPop or JPop fandoms a little too much for my taste lately. Anyone saying something badly about our fav is an anti or a hater and they get attacked. Even when what they say isn't actually bad. If anyone dares consider someone else is better - in whatever way - than our fav, it's instantly "OMG, how dare they?!?!". Anyone who doesn't like our fav is also an anti or a hater. Any rival who appears to be better appreciated better than our fav ends up being attacked in various ways, even if not directly. And, to be honest, popularity polls, too. "OMG, my fav is in a poll! Must vote a gazillion times a day!!!111"

Yuzu is not an idol. So I do wish all of his fans would stop acting like idol fans. (And nothing against idols, btw, I'm a fan of some myself and, to be fair, I think idols work harder and have more difficult lives than a lot of people.)

Yuzu is an athlete. His results speak for themselves. A little promotion, or rather 'education' for those who don't know him, is fine. But there has to be a limit to it.

Similarly, people are perfectly entitled not to like him or not to think he's the GOAT or to consider X or Y skater is better, prettier, more talented, whatever. As long as they don't spread lies or rumors, it's fine. It also doesn't necessarily make them haters or antis.

Similarly, people are perfectly entitled to like both Yuzu and someone else, but like that someone else a bit more or even think that someone else is better. It doesn't make them a hypocrite.

Also, people are allowed to change their minds. If someone once said something and some time later, said something else, it could simply be that they changed their minds. For example, I once ended up becoming a fan of an idol I used to hate. It's entirely possible and can happen when one receives more information. (Honestly, I tend to trust a person who will change their minds when faced with good arguments than someone who digs their heels in, come hell or high water.)

I know that with him injured and 'hiding' now, there is a tendency to think "poor Yuzu" and want to coddle and protect him from all evil, but he is a grown man and possibly stronger than all of us put together. While he surely appreciates the support, I don't think he really needs fans to defend him this fiercely on the internet. The whole world does not need to worship the ground Yuzu walks in - nor would Yuzu want them to; let's be honest, he'd probably be really freaked out by it - so we should maybe give them a break.

(Just for the record, this isn't addressed to anyone here in particular, it's just me getting frustrated by fandom stuff lately.)

16 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

To be completely honest, some parts of the Yuzu fandom have started to resemble KPop or JPop fandoms a little too much for my taste lately. Anyone saying something badly about our fav is an anti or a hater and they get attacked. Even when what they say isn't actually bad. If anyone dares consider someone else is better - in whatever way - than our fav, it's instantly "OMG, how dare they?!?!". Anyone who doesn't like our fav is also an anti or a hater. Any rival who appears to be better appreciated better than our fav ends up being attacked in various ways, even if not directly. And, to be honest, popularity polls, too. "OMG, my fav is in a poll! Must vote a gazillion times a day!!!111"

Yuzu is not an idol. So I do wish all of his fans would stop acting like idol fans. (And nothing against idols, btw, I'm a fan of some myself and, to be fair, I think idols work harder and have more difficult lives than a lot of people.)

Yuzu is an athlete. His results speak for themselves. A little promotion, or rather 'education' for those who don't know him, is fine. But there has to be a limit to it.

Similarly, people are perfectly entitled not to like him or not to think he's the GOAT or to consider X or Y skater is better, prettier, more talented, whatever. As long as they don't spread lies or rumors, it's fine. It also doesn't necessarily make them haters or antis.

Similarly, people are perfectly entitled to like both Yuzu and someone else, but like that someone else a bit more or even think that someone else is better. It doesn't make them a hypocrite.

Also, people are allowed to change their minds. If someone once said something and some time later, said something else, it could simply be that they changed their minds. For example, I once ended up becoming a fan of an idol I used to hate. It's entirely possible and can happen when one receives more information. (Honestly, I tend to trust a person who will change their minds when faced with good arguments than someone who digs their heels in, come hell or high water.)

I know that with him injured and 'hiding' now, there is a tendency to think "poor Yuzu" and want to coddle and protect him from all evil, but he is a grown man and possibly stronger than all of us put together. While he surely appreciates the support, I don't think he really needs fans to defend him this fiercely on the internet. The whole world does not need to worship the ground Yuzu walks in - nor would Yuzu want them to; let's be honest, he'd probably be really freaked out by it - so we should maybe give them a break.

(Just for the record, this isn't addressed to anyone here in particular, it's just me getting frustrated by fandom stuff lately.)

I was thinking the same looking at all that "Johnny's comment" situation. Some people tend to overreact. But I guess it's in human nature to look for drama. People need some adrenaline. It is often making others think badly about fanyus though...

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Not exaggerate - yes. Leave everything like it is when there are lies about him - no.

He IS strong. But at the same time he has delicate heart. And he talked about it during CiONTU. Only yesterday Javier talked about it.

6 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Not exaggerate - yes. Leave everything like it is when there are lies about him - no.

He IS strong. But at the same time he has delicate heart. And he talked about it during CiONTU. Only yesterday Javier talked about it.

I did mention earlier in my post, that this only applies to those posts that don't spread lies or rumors. But I think it also depends on how you define a lie. I don't think what Johnny said is a lie, I think it's an opinion. I don't think any of these things Miki is alleged to have said are a lie either, they're opinions. Lies are claims about who he is or isn't dating, that he wasn't in Sendai when the earthquake happened, that he isn't really injured etc. Also things that imply a bad character in whatever way (Kozuka saying he was reckless to get injured didn't sit well with me, because, even though that is also an opinion, it implies bad things about Yuzu as a person). Those I'm perfectly fine with people being outraged about. Though even those are obviously of varying intensity and, IMO, should be mostly fought with facts, not attacks. It's the stuff that seems to take precedence in the fandom lately that is both a waste of energy, IMO, and, like @4Nessie said, gives fans a bad rep. And we are already looked down upon as it is.

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

TBH, I rather dread coming to the Planet when I know I'm going to have to wade through a lot of back-and-forth about something someone said or did that is perceived as an affront to Yuzu. I'm just not that interested in it, and it sometimes makes it hard to find the posts I do enjoy. Perhaps we should have a "Drama and Debate" thread or a "Can you believe this s***?" thread to let people air their grievances (within the rules of the Planet, of course), and let the rest of us not engage with that aspect of the conversation. I'm kidding, but only halfway. 

:headdesk:

I REALLY tried to understand this part because Javi looked SO fond but I couldn't, but I'm glad someone else did.:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

(this means: "This is the moment he likes most. And you can see it in his face. Even though he's probably very tired"). 

I can't explain it but it sounds softer in Spanish.

Well, I'm glad if everybody seems to see no harm in her words. I might be influenced by her different words from these past years, concerning the ogm shoma should have won or the fact that she blames yuzuru because during the shows people go see him and other skaters are a bit let aside. Concerning Johnny, I'm not so disappointed  I mean he can have and cheer whoever he wants. He respects yuzuru either way. But miki remains yuzuru senpai and her words can sometimes "hurt" him I think (again, my opinion). 

However, doesn't matter to me if he is not recognized / cheered by some people as how he should be, his results talk for themselves.