General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

Elle Japan posted a Yuzu-Javi tribute, with some beautiful pictures.

(And the captions sound hilarious with Google Translate :hihi: )

Who came up with those captions? They are hilarious:rofl: Oh I love Yuzu and Javi in the middle of this universe :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'm really not to worried about the judging coming up at Worlds.  For one Yuzu is a major cash cow for figure skating and because of his endorsements he has some pretty heavy hitters corporation-wise who have his back.  They won't want to see their boy mistreated by the judges.  Second, the competition is in Japan, essentially on his home turf.  They know they are being judged as much as Yuzu is being judged by them.  They'll do things right if they want to get out of the building alive (an exaggeration, but you should get the point).  Third, if Yuzu unveils a Nessie worth anywhere from 3-5 GOEs (not that I'm expecting but it's nice to dream) they'll have to give points not only for that but for everything else but even without Nessie the judges know they're on best behavior.

As far as Yuzu, himself, he'll skate what is needed to get the deed done.  It would be nice to see the TV audience share of the broadcast in Japan.  There won't be many TVs in that land that AREN'T turned to Yuzu.  Some final thoughts, however, in reference to Poohvalanches.  It's been ages since Yuzu has skated in front of his home-nation fans at home.  There are going to be so many Poohs tossed down onto the ice that they should schedule Yuzu to skate last for both SP and FS or have a real army of flower children ready to retrieve then.  We're going to see a cascade of Poohs that will top the charts.

One final thought and all of you hear won't like it.  If Yuzu unveils Nessie and takes gold, I wouldn't be overly surprised if, considering that injuries have kept him out of most of the last two season, Yuzu decides to retire.  Yuzu wants to keep skating before an adoring public and he'd like to see himself exiting in a blaze of glory.

25 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Who came up with those captions? They are hilarious:rofl: Oh I love Yuzu and Javi in the middle of this universe :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:rofl2:Oh my god I'm laughing so much right now. These captions translated in my language gives a very weird romantic vibe to the whole thing (like 'the romantic silhouette' or 'oh my god is it filmed? or 'Keegan is in between us'...). Anyway, this both gave me a good laugh and made me kind of nostalgic! 

28 minutes ago, micaelis said:

As far as Yuzu, himself, he'll skate what is needed to get the deed done.  It would be nice to see the TV audience share of the broadcast in Japan.  There won't be many TVs in that land that AREN'T turned to Yuzu.  Some final thoughts, however, in reference to Poohvalanches.  It's been ages since Yuzu has skated in front of his home-nation fans at home.  There are going to be so many Poohs tossed down onto the ice that they should schedule Yuzu to skate last for both SP and FS or have a real army of flower children ready to retrieve then.  We're going to see a cascade of Poohs that will top the charts.

They probably have not enough manpower so they pre-empted that. Based on Japan FAQ (weird they did not translate this in English FAQ), only spectators sitting at Premium section can throw flowers and gifts onto the ice. Premium section is so small!!!! I wanna see Poohvalanches!!! 

10 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

They probably have not enough manpower so they pre-empted that. Based on Japan FAQ (weird they did not translate this in English FAQ), only spectators sitting at Premium section can throw flowers and gifts onto the ice. Premium section is so small!!!! I wanna see Poohvalanches!!! 

This is actually meant seriously - Those fans up higher will take them down lower to those fans in the premium sections and have them throw throw their Poohs onto the ice.  To imitate a statement made about Yuzu - Never underestimate the passion and resourcefulness of a Yuzu fan.  

Yuzu's jump layout for Worlds is certainly a mystery at this point.  He's had 3 different layouts this year at ACI, Helsinki, and Rostelecom (for various reasons).

Not sure if he will keep the 4T-3A seq since his base value is higher if he keeps the two 3A separate from the quads.  I'm sure he will calculate it out perfectly to give himself the best chance to win :gla: but just curious.

I don't think 4A will make a showing this year (and personally don't want it to).  I really think he should keep Origin and focus solely on 4A next year if his ankle is healed.  

15 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

Yuzu's jump layout for Worlds is certainly a mystery at this point.  He's had 3 different layouts this year at ACI, Helsinki, and Rostelecom (for various reasons).

Not sure if he will keep the 4T-3A seq since his base value is higher if he keeps the two 3A separate from the quads.  I'm sure he will calculate it out perfectly to give himself the best chance to win :gla: but just curious.

I don't think 4A will make a showing this year (and personally don't want it to).  I really think he should keep Origin and focus solely on 4A next year if his ankle is healed.  

Tbh he doesn't lose base value even with 70% for the sequence (that really is a nonsense than THAT sequence gets 70%...) because otherwise he has to do 3-2 combo and that's certainly worth less. Point differenece might be not necesarry worth how ridiculosly harder it is though. And he probably could get higher GOE with two seperate 3As... Probably.

I'm gonna trust he will do his best with anything he can :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: and if this time for some reason it's not enough, because there's just not enough time to upgrade the tech too much,  he will be back even better. One day we'll definitely get that clean program with 4A.

56 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

Agreed that it's a mystery at this point as to what he'll do for worlds. Based on his practice footage before his injury I think he was warming up to fully bring back 3F and 3Lz into his layout if needed. I think he's already said in his message to the Big Sports Show award that his goal next season was to do the 4A with the perfect package, so I think he's moved the target on that jump to next season for now.

I do believe that he sticks with the 4T+3A sequence... At the moment it's his hardest jump element and most impressive weapon that nobody else can offer. It could leave a key impact on the judges, if he landed it clean for the first time and right in front of their eyes. It's Nessie's little sister. In a way.

If the 4Lo is not ready until Worlds, Yuzu can still include the sequence in his layout and he wouldn't really lose anything in his BV:

4S,   4T,   3Lo,   3Lz // 4T+3A+SEQ,   3F+3T,   3A+1Eu+3S
BV: 86.83   Max. TSS: 222.68 (with +5 and 10.00)

With his full jump arsenal (4Lo, 3Lz included) there are countless layout options. Don't want to list them up here, but the BV would be around 92 and max. TSS 231.

40 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I do believe that he sticks with the 4T+3A sequence... At the moment it's his hardest jump element and most impressive weapon that nobody else can offer. It could leave a key impact on the judges, if he landed it clean for the first time and right in front of their eyes. It's Nessie's little sister. In a way.

If the 4Lo is not ready until Worlds, Yuzu can still include the sequence in his layout and he wouldn't really lose anything in his BV:

4S,   4T,   3Lo,   3Lz // 4T+3A+SEQ,   3F+3T,   3A+1Eu+3S
BV: 86.83   Max. TSS: 222.68 (with +5 and 10.00)

With his full jump arsenal (4Lo, 3Lz included) there are countless layout options. Don't want to list them up here, but the BV would be around 92 and max. TSS 231.

Can I just quickly express my deep adoration to the fanyuniverse (fanyudom?? I'm new, pls help) for the excellent use of 'Nessie'? It's cracking me up and it's so perfect. I'm married to a Scotsman so we use this for other elusive things. Who started this? :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: