General Yuzuru Chat

The US Nationals inflation, I'd rather not think too much of it since it cannot be official World Record.

Though it can be taunting in my opinion its just a part of media play to hype their faves.

I don't know if affects the judges perception of an athlete but we have no choice but to give the benefit of the doubt it should not.

I am sure Yuzu is watching and studying all that is happening while evaluating himself.

And at this rate I am going to trust and believe in him. He is going to be the 2019 World Champion (starts calling all the postivie auras in the universe)

If there was one thing I could do for him, I wish I knew a way on how to catalyze the growth and thickening of muscle and ligaments.

But he has a medical team behind him, I am sure they are on it.

Yes, Nathan had a high TES at nationals, and I think Yuzu being really on top of things probably knows of it now, but he won't totally agonize over it or is pulling his hair out because of Nathan's scores. Yuzu agonizes over his own scores and mistakes instead of other skater's scores. So I don't think Yuzu is nervous if either Nathan or Uno scores higher before Worlds. Skating is still a challenge between Yuzu and himself, what he is capable of doing and thus putting on the ice. It was like that at OIympics. I still think it is like that now. He'll think up a good plan and Yuzu knows best what he has to do.

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

... I think Yuzu's skating has taken on an almost mystical aura.  He's not skating.  He's meditating.  He's contemplating.  He's praying.  Whatever we call it what we can say for certain is that it's not skating for points.  It's skating for perfection. 

:tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:      :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:      :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:        :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:       :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:       :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:      :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:

I love these words you wrote, a kind of honouring poem. 

:tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:      :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:      :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:        :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:       :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:       :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:      :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg:

well, ok that Yuzuru is a YOLOking from TCC kingdom of YOLO, but let's try to have reasonable expectations:space:

Yuzuru is recovering from injury.

WC is in his homecountry, where he hasn't competed in almost two years already (and last one was WTT17, so some kuyashii in place, I guess:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: 'cause...you know...that SP)

He doesn't have much time to make up for the training he has missed.

He has said the 4A issue he was having was time and energy consuming.

He said for 4A he needs to be on top form.

And sure as heck he won't want to take any chances to re-injury himself going for crazy elements this season. I mean, there is risk of re-injurying himself even doing his usual stuff, but why be reckless now?

So IMO it's reeeeeeealy unlikely Yuzuru is gonna add any new source of uncertainty in his layouts. His plate is full as it is.

He's probably got a nice plan in place and he's doing his best to stick to it. Focusing on the important things (being back healthy and recovered, patiently getting back everything, perfecting the choreo bringing back sittwizzles into spin:smiley-angelic001:) and blocking out all the unnecessary white noise (US media).

He's one of the most analytic people out there. You can bet he knows scoring is crazy, though I doubt he's gonna address it directly, as Javi did. But, as for all skaters, he can only do his best. The rest isn't in his hands.

At this point, in his career and his life, I think that for Yuzuru skates he can be proud of are more important than a gold with messy skates.

Yes, I know he was ridiculously happy for his GP gold in Helsinki:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: but it was the ACI gold that made him kuyashii to begin with:68556365:

Yes, he said there's no point if he doesn't win, but it's possible he thinks that his best is gonna get him the gold, even with some wonky judging in place, and I still think the same too even if judges are trying really hard to make me change my mind:gaah: well, I do think it will happen, one day. BUT NOT TODAY AND WITH TODAY I MEAN IN SAITAMA WC19 and lemme punctuate this with this post-4CC17 mad that was prophetic for WC17 :laughing:

Of course, if, for Saitama, Yuzuru isn't gonna be recovered enough to try a 3 quads layout for FS, then I might think:

"ah, he might not win even if clean":/ because then BV difference would likely be too big for even the highest PCS and GOE to compensate, if others go clean.

But then I'd still be:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: for Yuzu, because "might not win even if clean" doesn't mean that one "won't win".

I mean, skating while "can't win if skater xxxxxxxx is clean" is sort of what all male skaters but one have done in the last...four years... and yet Javi has won his two world titles, and Patrick his SC golds, and Nathan 4CC and COR

tho negl, thinking that a clean Yuzu might win regardless of how other skaters do would certanly be helpful for my nerves LOL:tumblr_inline_n2pjd5WDu71qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid::xD:

tho, again, it's not like this knowledge has prevented me from having my heart in my mouth whenever Yuzuru has competed. I mean... I was really shaking watching Helsinki GP. I mean.... yeah, it's not gonna be that helpful after all:1:

1 hour ago, ICeleste said:

I do love Otoñal but Johnny Weir disrespecting Yuzuru on national television is yet another reason why the best SP of all time should be brought back for redemption at Worlds: miss LGC.

(I'm only half kidding.)

Petition to change Otonal to LGC pls hahahahahaha I know I'm being petty but that Johnny Weir doesn't deserve Yuzu's admiration

32 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

well, ok that Yuzuru is a YOLOking from TCC kingdom of YOLO, but let's try to have reasonable expectations:space:

Yuzuru is recovering from injury.

WC is in his homecountry, where he hasn't competed in almost two years already (and last one was WTT17, so some kuyashii in place, I guess:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: 'cause...you know...that SP)

He doesn't have much time to make up for the training he has missed.

He has said the 4A issue he was having was time and energy consuming.

He said for 4A he needs to be on top form.

And sure as heck he won't want to take any chances to re-injury himself going for crazy elements this season. I mean, there is risk of re-injurying himself even doing his usual stuff, but why be reckless now?

So IMO it's reeeeeeealy unlikely Yuzuru is gonna add any new source of uncertainty in his layouts. His plate is full as it is.

He's probably got a nice plan in place and he's doing his best to stick to it. Focusing on the important things (being back healthy and recovered, patiently getting back everything, perfecting the choreo bringing back sittwizzles into spin:smiley-angelic001:) and blocking out all the unnecessary white noise (US media).

He's one of the most analytic people out there. You can bet he knows scoring is crazy, though I doubt he's gonna address it directly, as Javi did. But, as for all skaters, he can only do his best. The rest isn't in his hands.

At this point, in his career and his life, I think that for Yuzuru skates he can be proud of are more important than a gold with messy skates.

Yes, I know he was ridiculously happy for his GP gold in Helsinki:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: but it was the ACI gold that made him kuyashii to begin with:68556365:

Yes, he said there's no point if he doesn't win, but it's possible he thinks that his best is gonna get him the gold, even with some wonky judging in place, and I still think the same too even if judges are trying really hard to make me change my mind:gaah: well, I do think it will happen, one day. BUT NOT TODAY AND WITH TODAY I MEAN IN SAITAMA WC19 and lemme punctuate this with this post-4CC17 mad that was prophetic for WC17 :laughing:

Of course, if, for Saitama, Yuzuru isn't gonna be recovered enough to try a 3 quads layout for FS, then I might think:

"ah, he might not win even if clean":/ because then BV difference would likely be too big for even the highest PCS and GOE to compensate, if others go clean.

But then I'd still be:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: for Yuzu, because "might not win even if clean" doesn't mean that one "won't win".

I mean, skating while "can't win if skater xxxxxxxx is clean" is sort of what all male skaters but one have done in the last...four years... and yet Javi has won his two world titles, and Patrick his SC golds, and Nathan 4CC and COR

tho negl, thinking that a clean Yuzu might win regardless of how other skaters do would certanly be helpful for my nerves LOL:tumblr_inline_n2pjd5WDu71qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid::xD:

tho, again, it's not like this knowledge has prevented me from having my heart in my mouth whenever Yuzuru has competed. I mean... I was really shaking watching Helsinki GP. I mean.... yeah, it's not gonna be that helpful after all:1:

Thank you so much for sharing this!

I am not shame to say:  I feel a little bit shaking (a lot actually) when just think about Worlds will happen in 50 days.

:squishedPooh:

Yuzu checking up on Jason is the sweetest thing :sadPooh: I think Jason is the skater closest to his age (they were born like 8 days apart).
On another note... 

Lol on Twitter he "loves Yuzu-kun" yet on TV he drags him and his skating every chance he gets... Pick a side, Johnny (and Zu bring back LGC challenge)

13 minutes ago, ICeleste said:
Yuzu checking up on Jason is the sweetest thing :sadPooh: I think Jason is the skater closest to his age (they were born like 6 days apart).
On another note... 

Lol on Twitter he "loves Yuzu-kun" yet on TV he drags him and his skating... Pick a side, Johnny

Whatever, Johnny Weir. You keep dragging him into the mud. You do not deserve his admiration. You could have not mentioned him at all when you talked about Nathan, you know. Also, it's unfair to Nate that his achievements are always compared to Yuzu.

Yuzu (remember that great documentary on him and his strategy going into the last Olympics) is very well versed on the BV of all of these jumps. Trust, he is focused on Nathan's TES and how to come closer to it; why do you think his planned first quad at the Olympics was a lutz?  He had to change it because of injury and his tactics changed again mostly because of Nathan's meltdown.  Since he hasn't a quad flip (3rd highest BV of the quads) and is uncertain about the quad lutz (2nd highest), go with the highest one.  The BV of what we saw today is nothing like before and he understands this...