General Yuzuru Chat

I suspect that you guys who want lady 4Lutz back weren't here in  nov 2017... I'd feel more at ease seeing him try a 4A even.

I feel like Yuzu wouldn't want to ruin his 100% success rate on the lutz lmao. IMO at this point training that jump is not worth the risk or the stress for him. He has nothing to prove. He's just skating for himself and his own dreams now and I really doubt 4Lz is part of the dream skate he has in mind.

I think that 4Lutz is a nice jump, but I would be scared if I would hear that he jumps it again because the fall from 2017 is still in my mind and I never want to see him fall like that again !But I read in an Interview (do not know which on) with Brian Orser that Brian has the feeling that Yuzu is kind of scared to ever do it again !

OT

Spoiler

So today I learned that my ultimate favorite group Arashi will go on indefinite hiatus after 2020.

I then later came across yet another discussion elsewhere about Yuzu retiring after next season in 2020.

I should look at the present, but I'm just very sad atm. 2020 will hit very hard. Sorry for the random.

Anyway, I stepped away from figure skating for a while as Yuzu is still not competing. I think it did me much good.

The scores at US Nats are hilarious and I know about national inflation and all, but it still makes me petty.

However, the distance has temporarily allowed me some chill and I'm not that worried about Yuzu and Worlds and WRs. No matter what, I know Yuzu will put out his best and so his beautiful programs will always be remembered even if judges screw him over.

I'm too much of a superstitious Russian to actually type out my whole theory without feeling like I'm going to jinx Yuzu, but God willing that he's able to physically/health-wise, I really don't think he'll be able to resist the prospect of a third Olympic gold in a row. (crossing self and knocking wood and making spitting noises over shoulder frantically)

Has anyone done that in figure skating? We all know how much he loves doing things that have never been done. Yes, he's skating for himself now, but what's more himself than a third Olympic gold?  :winky:

6 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

I'm too much of a superstitious Russian to actually type out my whole theory without feeling like I'm going to jinx Yuzu, but God willing that he's able to physically/health-wise, I really don't think he'll be able to resist the prospect of a third Olympic gold in a row. (crossing self and knocking wood and making spitting noises over shoulder frantically)

Has anyone done that in figure skating? We all know how much he loves doing things that have never been done. Yes, he's skating for himself now, but what's more himself than a third Olympic gold?  :winky:

yep Gillis Grafström from Sweden back in 20' :)

I think we will never know beforehand when he actually decides that, but I guess the discussion about 2020 is because before people where discussing about 2019 and he actually said about plans for the next season, so. I guess some people still can't understand how he can still want to skate after everything he accomplished.

Seriously, I really think he doesn't know yet, and will know when the moment comes. If his health allows, my guess he still have a few goals left.

Just now, mercedes said:

Thank you!

Yeah, the next Olympics being in 2022 means he'd be the first in over a century. It could just be wishful thinking, but I can't see him being able to resist at least trying, assuming all goes well. (more praying and wood-knocking)

4 minutes ago, mercedes said:

Gillis won three Olympic titles, but the first one was at the Olympics in Antwerpen 1920. At that point in history there have been no seperate Winter Games yet and figure skating was exceptionally part of the Summer Games.

So... Yuzu would be the first skater to win three back-to-back titles at Olympic Winter Games ;)

2 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Gillis won three Olympic titles, but the first one was at the Olympics in Antwerpen 1920. At that point in history there have been no seperate Winter Games yet and figure skating was exceptionally part of the Summer Games.

So... Yuzu would be the first skater to win three back-to-back titles at Olympic Winter Games ;)

wow i didn't know that,i've always thought they were of course winter games...thank you:flowers:

8 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

not to jinx or alarm anyone but I can't ignore the fact that Yuzu still hasn't got his x2 mandatory S*lvers per season :war:

will he break the curse this year?

I mean he also always never won his first gp before this season :winky:

I was here in Nov 2017, and I would like to have his glorious 4Lz back. It's now hard due to the damage the injury did to his ankle (which then makes the take off to Flip and Lutz more difficult), but a fair number of us here in this forum atributed that injury mostly to him insisted on practicing with a fever. He was injured as he landed the jump, which is always the exact same foot and the same edge, no matter the type of jump.

He wasn't doing a 4Lz when he reinjured himself this time around, was he? Are we gonna write off that jump for him as well?

I'd say, go for it, Zu. As long as your health allows. Get those 4A and 4Lz, but reasonably.

ETA: aaand that's my 4000th post, which coincidentally made me '4A'. Signs, signs everywhere!!!