General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I know this is a bit off-topic for this 'Yuzu' thread but I'm wondering have plaques gone up at TCC for his European championships and will they put one up for this last and final one?

1 hour ago, jinxxoo said:

I don't think they put up plaques for Europeans?

Imagine if the plaques for Europeans were like Worlds, where they put only 1 plaque for each skaters and the year they won underneath their names. Javi's Europeans plaque would be so full they need to have 2 or 3 of them on the board :hihi:

I'm not sure, but have any other European Champions trained at TCC? That could be why they don't have them. I wouldn't be surprised if Yuzu & co. will ask for them, especially with Zhenya there as well. They can put up a new board and already fill it up with individual plaques for Javi's titles and hopefully have Zhenya add to it in following years...

And I saw a bit of Nathan's SP... the jump combo looked smooth, but with all the arm waving, he looked a bit like he was perpetually trying to find his balance. Admittedly, most of it was probably choreographed ^_^; Still, I can't imagine how anyone could compare that to any sequence of Otonal... But stranger things have happened...

In a way, though... for me, Yuzu has already transcended FS. So even if things don't go perfectly and they don't give it to him, it doesn't really matter anymore. We'd all be frustrated, sure, and him more than anyone, but... it really doesn't matter. The truth is - and watching Euros kind of cemented that - Yuzu is already on a completely different level, whether the judges want to admit it or not. The others can try to reach him, but if it happens, it's usually because if moments of humanity and not entirely fair judging. Of course, competitions are won by whomever is best on that given day, so, moments of being human can't be helped and don't take away anything from what was won like that (Javi's championships, for example). But when everyone is clean, Yuzu is still, by far, the best. A gazillion quads might appear to bridge the gap, but that's more of an illusion than reality. That's what I believe, and nothing can change my mind. Now, I just want to see everyone's jaws dropping at 4A :P Eventually lol

113.42?  Really, the scoring was a joke, for example, Nathan Chen had a PCS higher than Jason Brown.  LOL!  They couldn't have been watching the same competition.

However, Yuzu might want to change that QSal to a QLutz;  GOE and PCS, even with international judges, may not be enough.

31 minutes ago, AKC said:

113.42?  Really, the scoring was a joke, for example, Nathan Chen had a PCS higher than Jason Brown.  LOL!  They couldn't have been watching the same competition.

However, Yuzu might want to change that QSal to a QLutz;  GOE and PCS, even with international judges, may not be enough.

Brian said in an interview (I'm sorry I'm not sure which one) that he was pretty positive Yuzuru would never do a quad lutz, at least not in competition, ever again.

I say the best person in the moment has the best chance to win.

I say no lutz too.  Couple reasons ...

1) Not because he can’t do it, but the cost compared to others skaters is too high. His jumps are crazy high and cover more distance  compared to lots of other skaters, thus the landings are riskier. He needs to think more conservatively then when he was 19.

2) he doesn’t need it to win- olympics proved that. 

I don't think he'll risk 4Lz until he gets his 4A. That's more important to him right now. After that, if he's still insatiable, he could try to get the 4Lz back, but until he gets 4A, 4Lz is too risky. (I really wouldn't be surprised, if he still feels up to it by some miracle, he'll eventually try a free with all the quads. Just as a :snbleh: :hihi:. But that sounds more like sci-fi right now.

However, if Yuzu loses any title, while clean, due to questionable judging, the outrage will be unlike anything ISU can imagine. Yuzu himself might not pull a Javi, because it's not his style, but his fans will be enraged and given that he is, by far, the most popular figure skater... it would not be pretty. (Just remember that judge at ACI and how furious people were at him.)