General Yuzuru Chat

I’ve been too swamped with work this last month to keep up with figure skating much, and when I return Yuzu is athlete of the year and has recorded an unbearably touching video message for Javi, and I feel like my brain is trying to feel a month’s worth of emotions about it. 

It’s nice to know figure skating is as intense as I remembered. :7938863:

Yuzu's message to Javi had so much effort and sincerity. I wonder if it was before or after their photo. Since he seems to be wearing the same attire.

I guess like everybody else I am moved on how he knows that if it weren't for Javi saying yes, he could have been in a different place. I believe Yuzu would have still found success and happiness, but what he has now is the best.

Javi will always be a part of Yuzu's success. I am going to remember that whenever the overlord jumps that quad salchow.

And Yuzu getting another the athlete of the year award. So proud of him.

7 hours ago, TallyT said:

Did anyone at all here watch this without melting?  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Is such a thing even possible? I'm a puddle of emotional goo after that.

So who else rewatched the video first thing when they woke up, just to start their day with All. The. Feels., plus Yuzu's sweet voice and cute accent? 

Just watched Yuzu's message to Javi.  No tears but my eyes did get moist.  First thing that struck me is that there was no necessary reason that Yuzu send the message.  He did it because he wanted to.  Second, it seems to me that Yuzu is saying that the period of life when the two trained together and competed against each other is now in the past.  They will both continue in their lives and careers and almost certainly they will see each other again in ice shows and such but except for those times their lives will now proceed on different paths.  In German the word 'Tschuss' is used when parting with the expectation that the two parties will again see other soon and when the parties are friends of each other, sort of like the Italian 'ciao'.  'Auf Wiedersehen' is used when there is not a close relationship but the time expected for separation is still fairly short.  'Lebwohl', which means literally 'live well' is the term used when there is expectation of no longer seeing each other or where the expected duration of separation is of some length.  Yuzu's message struck me as very much a 'Lebwohl' message.  As much as we miss those days of Yuzu and Javi together, like the two of them we must realize that the two are now moving on.  If we have tears it is because we realize something precious has come to an end.  Their friendship continues but their lives are now separate.

What a day ! Work was interminable. I couldn't concentrate with those 2 videos, the award, the European Championships starting ...:68468287::13877886:

On 1/22/2019 at 8:39 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

That would be exponential worrying. Like, worrying squared, or maybe cubed. :acceptable:

My mathematical education likes this. Thank you :devilYuzu: (eworrying)2

I was totally not expecting this... Olympic Channel never fails to turn a really bad day into a great one!

I bet some Fanyus are working in the social media section ... + Javier & Yuzuru is one of the best example of what the Olympics wants to embedded: fair play and frienship in sport