General Yuzuru Chat

21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

(& @Veveco) You can tell me that, but I'd never heard of it before Yuzu got nominated...by 'well-known', I mean 'something the world-wide general public would have heard of'...methinks it's prominent in Europe,  more than the rest of the world, and given the number of Europeans on the panel, maybe I'm right?

Yes, coming from an European country, I think it's definitly more an sort of ''european - western'' award.

Just a little question : Hanyu has a lot of fans, he also has people who don't really like his skating but respect him, but he also has some antis and some of them are coming from Japan. I just don't understand why some japanese people would be antis to Hanyu. I mean, I get why some people don't really like his skating that much, after all it's personal (I don't force anyone to love him). But I don't get why people are mad, saying very brutal things against him, as sportsman as well as a person. Is it related to a cultural thing or just anti usual stuff ? 

(I'm so sorry for that question, because maybe some of you are very sensitive about this subject :10636614:)

13 minutes ago, Charlène said:

Hi everybody !

Do you think Yuzu's assignment could be in SCI of Kelowna ?

I know that every year the all event ticket's sell is before assignments !

It's too hard...

:dontdothistome:

could be but you never know until his assignments are out! I guess Skate Canada and NHK or Cup of China and NHK but I also think that he might like to skate in Russia again because his FS in Russia did not turn out the way that he wanted it to be! I guess we have to wait until August/September until we really know what his assignments are !

32 minutes ago, PoohCannelle said:

Yes, coming from an European country, I think it's definitly more an sort of ''european - western'' award.

Just a little question : Hanyu has a lot of fans, he also has people who don't really like his skating but respect him, but he also has some antis and some of them are coming from Japan. I just don't understand why some japanese people would be antis to Hanyu. I mean, I get why some people don't really like his skating that much, after all it's personal (I don't force anyone to love him). But I don't get why people are mad, saying very brutal things against him, as sportsman as well as a person. Is it related to a cultural thing or just anti usual stuff ? 

(I'm so sorry for that question, because maybe some of you are very sensitive about this subject :10636614:)

Because he once defeated their favourites. As simple as that.

41 minutes ago, PoohCannelle said:

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

Because he once defeated their favourites. As simple as that.

Sometimes I run into anti SNS sites by accident and some of what they say is beyond criticizing just his skating.  I agree Its ugly and borderline crazy stuff.  I do think it is a relatively small group of people trying to make a lot of noise and I try to ignore them. They can’t see beyond their own fandom.

I think his fans far outweigh his antis in number and positive energy.:grouphug:

Also jealousy. Anyone successful enough to threaten insecure people can end up with antis. It can be even worse for really good people like Yuzu. If he were a jerk, they could point to that. Since he's not, they have to pick on stupid things that might or might not even exist, due to lack of anything real.

2 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

Also jealousy. Anyone successful enough to threaten insecure people can end up with antis. It can be even worse for really good people like Yuzu. If he were a jerk, they could point to that. Since he's not, they have to pick on stupid things that might or might not even exist, due to lack of anything real.

There are also people out there who  don't like anyone who's 'too nice', just on general principles...sort of a 'too-good-to-be-true' thing.:snbleh: Although I'm inclined to think that the reason Yuzu has antis is exactly as others have said, he defeated their favorite and they're too caught up in idol-worship hysteria to adjust to that reality. 

I don't see the point of it, really. You've only to watch how so many figure skaters treat each other (i.e. with plenty of respect for all their hard work and talent) to realize hating one because you're a fan of another is a pointless waste of time and energy, and only interferes with the fun of watching all the skaters try their best. 

I guess I was bored....

I was listening to one of my favorite songs, Uninvited by Alanis Morisette, when I thought how awesome it'd bed if Yuzu skated to it. Of course there are Cipres/Morgan and I love them, but Yuzu! I also realized that chances of that happening are next to none, so I thought, "I'll edit it!" Ambitiously, I wanted a full all-elements-there program but that plan went out of the window when it turned out that no, those spins are too long for those music sections there, and those step sequences fit great over there, all 3 of them, and I need some slow skating over there instead of jumps...

Well here's the result.