General Yuzuru Chat

30 minutes ago, Fay said:

In tennis, golf and boxing, for instance? 

He's nominated beside a snowboarder who does slopestyle and big air, who was the first man to land a trick ( backside triple cork 1440) once considered impossible. Yuzu and him would have plenty to talk about. :gla:

I suspect whether or not Zu attends this ceremony in person depends on the timing. If it impacts his training for Worlds he most likely won't go. 

A conversation between McMorris and Yuzu would be the funniest thing!!  Then it starts making me think... how would Yuzu as a snowboarder be?? On second thought, no way, he's a figure skater for sure!!

I wonder if the winner is kind of given an indication that they've won so that they are sure to show up...

ETA: I was thinking everyone I've seen win at Laureus has worn a tuxedo, so hmmmm

22 minutes ago, liv said:

A conversation between McMorris and Yuzu would be the funniest thing!!  Then it starts making me think... how would Yuzu as a snowboarder be?? On second thought, no way, he's a figure skater for sure!!

I wonder if the winner is kind of given an indication that they've won so that they are sure to show up...

ETA: I was thinking everyone I've seen win at Laureus has worn a tuxedo, so hmmmm

Yuzu in a tux? We'd all be knocked so dead.:13877886:

I can't really picture Yuzu as a snowboarder. He'd probably be an amazing one, but it doesn't really seem like it'd suit his personality, somehow. But I bet he'd absolutely love the feeling of flying through the air for so long.

1 hour ago, liv said:

It happened in the past few years that the winner couldn't go...Valentino Rossi or Kim Clijsters when they won the Comeback award, Lindsey Vonn when she won the Sportswoman award, the Spanish football team etc...they took a video of them with the award which was shown during the ceremony.

Like @rockstaryuzu says if it has an impact on training then Yuzu most likely won't go. But we'll see how he decides...

20 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'm not sure, if this has been shared somewhere already, but Yuzu has now been officially nominated for the international Laureus Sports Award 2019 in the category 'best comeback of the year'!!  :english1:

DxHbDGVWwAMwkQk?format=jpg&name=large

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaureusSp...90049697345536

The five contenders for this award besides Yuzu are:
CAN Mark McMorris (snowboarding)
NED Bibian Mentel-Spee (snowboarding)
IND Vinesh Phogat (wrestling)
USA Lyndsey Vonn (skiing)
USA Tiger Woods (golf)

All my fingers crossed for Yuzu. He could become the first figure skater ever to win a Laureus!!

The award ceremony is scheduled for the 18th February. Since it's a really big thing, I'm sure that Yuzu will be there despite his preparations for Worlds, no?

So we could see him again earlier than expected! :59227c768286a__s:

I really hope he could come, because this is Such a huge thing and his presence would put a deeper impression of Hanyu Yuzuru being a Nominee for a Laureus award. I don't know, but usually in big awards if someone is a winner then the organizers would try to make sure that person is there for acceptance? If he's not coming there then that means chance of him winning is smaller.

But being nominated alone is a big acheivement, specially for a figure skater. And I'm sure his competitors are great sportsmen who went through tough times too, so good luck to all of them! :softYuzu:

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

It happened in the past few years that the winner couldn't go...Valentino Rossi or Kim Clijsters when they won the Comeback award, Lindsey Vonn when she won the Sportswoman award, the Spanish football team etc...they took a video of them with the award which was shown during the ceremony.

Like @rockstaryuzu says if it has an impact on training then Yuzu most likely won't go. But we'll see how he decides...

That certainly makes the most sense. So many sports are going on at a given time around the world that it's impossible for everyone to be available to just hop over to Monaco for a ceremony... and this isn't down time for figure skating, so I have a feeling Yuzu won't go, even if we'd all love to see him there and he'd probably enjoy it as well.

2 hours ago, Anzi said:

We can lead to a small discussion on which 3A jumps in Yuzu's skating history you think are most closet to 4A.

:gla:

Just my 2 cents here...the 3A's Yuzu was doing in practice at ACI were so big and airy that it was immediately obvious he'd been training 4A.