General Yuzuru Chat

29 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Skate Canada is in BC though, which isn't so close to Toronto. Though it's still closer than Europe or Asia...

But what else? SkAm is out of question. The same with CoC. NHK close to GPF and I don't want him to skate on puddles in IDF.

I can see him on NHK, but what if he wants COR again? Tough question. Or he will jump out with one of his weird ideas and decide that next season is season of breaking curses and go to SkCa and CoC XD

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Translation of the interview with Satomi Ito on the making of Origin costume 

http://lazuliblade.tumblr.com/post/181709027323/figure-skating-fan-magazine-2018-2019羽

Thank you for the translation, @lazuliblade:thanks:

Me too, thank you @lazuliblade for the translation.

Its obvious that Satomi Ito really admires Hanyu-senshu.  I think it’s fair to say he is a muse for many a Fanyu.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

But what else? SkAm is out of question. The same with CoC. NHK close to GPF and I don't want him to skate on puddles in IDF.

I can see him on NHK, but what if he wants COR again? Tough question. Or he will jump out with one of his weird ideas and decide that next season is season of breaking curses and go to SkCa and CoC XD

If anyone can tell me how skaters get to choose the GP event, I’d appreciate it.  I thought maybe Shoma got to choose this year over Yuzu because he was at worlds as well as Olympics and with higher ranking?  If given the chance, I think Shoma would pick NHK?

As an aside, when it comes to breaking curses, I would like him to go to COC and have good feelings from there before he re*#$&....the word that will make me :sadPooh:  but realistically will happen ( hopefully not soon):67638860:.

3 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

If anyone can tell me how skaters get to choose the GP event, I’d appreciate it.  I thought maybe Shoma got to choose this year over Yuzu because he was at worlds as well as Olympics and with higher ranking?  If given the chance, I think Shoma would pick NHK?

As an aside, when it comes to breaking curses, I would like him to go to COC and have good feelings from there before he re*#$&....the word that will make me :sadPooh:  but realistically will happen ( hopefully not soon):67638860:.

http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/175027703334/grand-prix-assignment-how-does-it-work-i

We simply assume he will podium at worlds. I mean, of course he will win it :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

And I wouldn't be surprised if Zu was initially at NHK but then the whole mess with COC and Helsinki happened. ;)

Yuzu wins again and with honors...

http://www.globetrottingbyphiliphersh.com/home/2018/12/31/x6xi5dqxdr2ycz3ogkayv9313woxt1

From the article...

To which one can only say this:  Thanks, Yuzuru Hanyu and Simone Biles, thanks Ester Ledecká and Chloe Kim, thanks Eliud Kipchoge and Aksel Lund Svindal and Team Shuster. . .thanks to you and many other athletes for the achievements and goodwill that made us remember how sport, for all its ugly, scandalous warts, can show humankind at its most attractive.

They are among the 2018 medalists in these annual awards, which go to athletes for whom an Olympic gold medal is the ultimate prize.  (In an Olympic year, what happens at the Games gets priority in my selections.)

And here they are:

WORLD MEN’S ATHLETES OF THE YEAR

Gold – Yuzuru Hanyu, Japan, figure skating.  After a Nov. 9 ankle injury forced him to the sidelines for nearly two months, Hanyu returned to competition at the Winter Games in February and staked a claim as the G.O.A.T. in men’s singles by becoming the first since Dick Button in 1952 to win consecutive Olympic titles.

15 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

I panicked and booked almost right after I saw the tweet too, but the closest ones were already booked :embSwan: 

A 10min tram ride distance will do :waffle: (But so glad it's in Torino, I can actually make it! Now only hopes and prayers that Yuzu can too...)

By the way, (if Yuzu competes), I wonder which assignments would he go for? People are saying he'll definitely do NHK, but would he want to do the last assignment though? I'm also  suspiciously eyeing that CoC back on the list...

My only shot to go and see him is in China (and even then it's still 1% possible I can gather the force to go) but I'm really doubtful he'll go there... Yuzu is somewhat a superstitious person, and remember how we never get to see any glimpse of the POTO ver 1 costume again?

7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Translation of the interview with Satomi Ito on the making of Origin costume 

http://lazuliblade.tumblr.com/post/181709027323/figure-skating-fan-magazine-2018-2019羽

Thank you for the translation, @lazuliblade:thanks:

5 hours ago, SuperMin said:

Me too, thank you @lazuliblade for the translation.

Its obvious that Satomi Ito really admires Hanyu-senshu.  I think it’s fair to say he is a muse for many a Fanyu.

I was working on this last weekend hoping to get it done for New Year's but it took longer than I thought to streamline how I wanted to format it, then phrasing things so they flowed better while keeping the meaning, then writing the extra notes at the end with research and relevant info. I'm glad some people are finding it useful!

6 часов назад, Paskud сказал:

http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/175027703334/grand-prix-assignment-how-does-it-work-i

We simply assume he will podium at worlds. I mean, of course he will win it :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

And I wouldn't be surprised if Zu was initially at NHK but then the whole mess with COC and Helsinki happened. ;)

I think Yuzu said that he wanted CoR cuz of Origin and his origins, maybe he planned CoC also, we don't know when ISU decided on Helsinki - before GP seeds or after. I think they will want him at NHK again, but I'll take whatever as long as he competes and we have major events like GPF and WC outside Japan (I love Japan but getting tickets is a nightmare)

9 hours ago, Paskud said:

A lot will depend on who will be on WC podium too(and 4-6). Of course one can make an educated guess :67638860: but I don't want to jinx anyone, especially with all the injuries around :13877886:

Besides, I think that if fed has to choose between Yuzu and Shoma at nhk, it's still quite likely Shoma could go, as traditionally the national champion gets it, tho there were exceptions like NHK13 and NHK17...tho I'm not sure if in 2013 it was Yuzu's request, too, to be sent head to head against Patrick, or fed just decided to have Dai (the biggest star back then) to draw audience...iirc Yuzu said he wanted to compete with Patrick, but maybe both reasons played a role and in the end all sides were happy with the assignments...

As a selfish fanyu, and sorry jpn fans, if Zuzu will be competing in next season gp I'll root for SC+COR because good ice (cough IDF cough) and FANCAMSSSSSS!🤤🤤🤤 FANCAMS OF PRACTICES! FANCAMS OF COMPETITIONS! 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤 FANCAMSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Sob the only remaining comps Yuzu can attend this season don't allow fancams :smiley-sad016: well I hope everything goes well and at least jpn media give us all the Yuzu fluff we deserve:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: even better if with a beaming Zu:snonegai: