General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Tee said:

This interview is super insightful!

Yuzu- first Olympic practice- Does single Toe, single Sal, single loop, 3A, bows and off the ice.  <leaves everyone wide-eyed and in shock>

Later in an interview find out that he knew everyone was watching him.  Pretty brilliant.:gla:

36 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

In the John Wilson Blades interview, Brian mentioned a practice where Yuzu and Javi skated together during practice.  Does anyone have a link?  I can’t seem to find it on YT- probably deleted. :yznotimpressed:

It happens @ 12:45

I think we had a conversation on the technique of measuring figure skater's jumps in Japan. I just watched JNats found they apply this technique in the slow motion part after each performance. The statistics of the jump's height, distance and the landing speed are displayed.

I deadly want to see Yuzu's jumps are measured in such way which looks super cool! But who knows whether ISU would ever apply this technology 🙄

15 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Whoever filmed that only focussed on Javi so you can't see the two of them working together. :snkuyashii:

Watching that clip my head just automatically tried different angles to catch Yuzu...and found it's impossible cuz the camera just didn't include him....

So happened that i also just finished reading all 147, 219 and 304 pages of Olympic Men’s SP, FS and OP /in-between threads (as I recgonised Yuzu only after his OGM).  Thanks this Planet!  Think the side by side skates were only talked about without much videos seen.

Also got this silly question to ask as I didn’t find answer from the threads:  I remember seeing a photo of Yuzu some time ago, where somehow he put his head inside a hole of the olympic purple wall, aka the classic pooh stuck his tummy at a door after taking too much honey.  But I cannot find such photo again or original video from the 3 threads.  Can anyone tell when and what /why he was doing then?

Overall, still felt rather scary and happy to watch, laugh and cry thru the many pages despite knowing the story endings upfront.  Cant help thinking:  so much the healing effects by simply watching his performance and smiles, plus his cute or naughty behaviors from practice etc.  What to do without the medication, the videos if pulled down :( 

And not sure it is coincident or destiny: from SP scoring 111, to FS with a 11 point gap, to reigning no.1, isn’t he fated be in 1st place despite all odds and since he passed all trials?!  Also he started skating on p.100, was crowned on p. 101 of the FS threads...  

Today is the Winter Solstice, so the darkest or shortest day of the year will be gone.  Maybe should also pray hard on 1 Jan 01:01 for his health and recovery, and his getting back no. 1 that he wants :7938863::7938863::7938863:

3 hours ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Also got this silly question to ask as I didn’t find answer from the threads:  I remember seeing a photo of Yuzu some time ago, where somehow he put his head inside a hole of the olympic purple wall, aka the classic pooh stuck his tummy at a door after taking too much honey.  But I cannot find such photo again or original video from the 3 threads.  Can anyone tell when and what /why he was doing then?

Here is a photo:

aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20181222T060113Z

Source:

羽生が66年ぶり2連覇 平昌五輪フィギュア総集編 by BEHIND (Photo site by Kyodo Tsushin)

http://behindphotos.com/showcases.html?id=363

By the way, in Japan, we have a tradition to put yuzu (the fruit) in bath and eat  pumpkin on Wnter Solstice. Now I can find the word "YUZU" on so many labels on all kinds of products (mainly foods and cosmetics) because of that :68468287:

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Here is a photo:

aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20181222T060113Z

Source:

羽生が66年ぶり2連覇 平昌五輪フィギュア総集編 by BEHIND (Photo site by Kyodo Tsushin)

http://behindphotos.com/showcases.html?id=363

By the way, in Japan, we have a tradition to put yuzu (the fruit) in bath and eat  pumpkin on Wnter Solstice. Now I can find the word "YUZU" on so many labels on all kinds of products (mainly foods and cosmetics) because of that :68468287:

Thanks!  Yes those are the pics I saw before.  So was honey or Pooh hiding there?  Just soooo cute...

:peek: