General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Anything you do publicly will be likely to be attacked in the same way, especially if it becomes popular, because then those claiming copyrights will find out about them. The easier it will be to find out who is behind it - by registering a website, or making a wordpress account in your name and so on - the higher the possibility of actual people being slammed with copyright claims and perhaps accusations of piracy. That's partly why youtube and video hosting sites are better, because they add a level of anonymity, especially since one can make a million accounts on google and re-upload whenever they get shut down. Also since youtube takes immediate action, it satisfies the copyright claimers. If however they find the real people doing this, it can get worse. Not quite the same thing, but some of you might be aware there used to be people uploading jdramas some time back, until the Japanese TV Stations found them and forced them to stop. Or occasionally people even getting arrested for sharing anime and such online. So, personally, I don't recommend starting websites or self-hosting copyrighted videos, no matter how unfair the claims might seem.

to bilibili it goes then, at least only three of the H&L videos we uploaded were struck out, the rest was fine it seems. 

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

機能性といえば、平昌オリンピックの後にスピードスケートの選手の方々とお話する機会があって、「スピードスケートのピタッとした新素材にしたほうが絶対滑りやすいと思うよ。あれでジャンプしたら絶対もっと回れるよ」って言われて、僕は機能性というところに興味があるので、話が盛り上がりました。たしかに、スピードスケートの方々が着ている新素材で回るともしかしたらもっと回りやすいかもしれませんね。ただ、衣装についてルールが定められていますし、フィギュアは魅せるものなので表現に影響が出てしまい、おそらくスピードスケートのような新素材で滑るのは不可能に近いと思います。あまりにも身体のラインが強調されてしまいますし、模様をつけたとしてもフィギュアスケートではなくなってしまうような気がします。(笑)

Rough translation:

In terms of functionality, I've had an opportunity to talk with speed skaters after PC and they said "If you use the new materials that are used for speed skaters suit, it would help you skate in more ease. You would definitely be able to rotate more" Since I'm interested in functionality of costumes, we've had really good conversation then. I'm sure if we used the same materials as them, it may be able to help us spin/rotate easier. However, we have rules concerning costumes and also figure skating has aesthetic side to consider so it may impact on the expression of programs therefore it is almost impossible to use such materials for our costumes. Not just that, the material would emphasise the body line too much therefore I'm afraid even if the materials with pattern, it would no longer be called figure skating.

Yuzu! Your UA is already barely legal so if you skate with costume made with speed skate suit material, I'm sure that would become a weapon of mass destruction....:10742290: He knows, he knows exactly what we're dreaming thinking...:13877886:

44 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Rough translation:

In terms of functionality, I've had an opportunity to talk with speed skaters after PC and they said "If you use the new materials that are used for speed skaters suit, it would help you skate in more ease. You would definitely be able to rotate more" Since I'm interested in functionality of costumes, we've had really good conversation then. I'm sure if we used the same materials as them, it may be able to help us spin/rotate easier. However, we have rules concerning costumes and also figure skating has aesthetic side to consider so it may impact on the expression of programs therefore it is almost impossible to use such materials for our costumes. Not just that, the material would emphasise the body line too much therefore I'm afraid even if the materials with pattern, it would no longer be called figure skating.

Yuzu! Your UA is already barely legal so if you skate with costume made with speed skate suit material, I'm sure that would become a weapon of mass destruction....:10742290: He knows, he knows exactly what we're dreaming thinking...:13877886:

I remember he said he watches himself over and over again in competitive and non competitive vids.  He knows what looks good and what doesn’t and presents himself exactly the way he wants.  I also agree he knows what we are “ dreaming thinking.” lol

:gla:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

The only ones going down right now, are fan-uploaded videos- but if you want to get into legal nuances, there may be plenty of legality issues involved in fan-uploads themselves (just because there are no profits involved does not mean it automatically falls under fair use). But also, fan uploads probably have less legal protection (financially etc) to defend against takedowns.

Fan uploads are the low-hanging fruit. But that doesn't necessarily mean that this will stop once the fan uploads are gone. 😕

7 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

According to my Google Translate version, it says he talked with speed skaters about their outfits because he was wondering if incorporating the materials and style in a FS costume would improve the speed at which he could turn. (I guess for jumps?) Yuzu the technical innovator....:gla:

Imagine getting to watch Yuzu perform in a speed skating unitard...:13877886:

...oops. replied before I saw the other translation. 

You know, it would probably be within the rules if Yuzu did a program telling the story of a speed skater- he'd have a reason to wear a speed skater's outfit then....bad @rockstaryuzu ! Bad! Down, girl!

27 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Sorry to interrupt this very scientific and important science discussion about science but I just noticed that the HYK costume has little silver stars/snowflakes hidden among the sparklies!

Ahhh, yes, yes, I agree ... very important discovery indeed. :graucho:

28 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Sorry to interrupt this very scientific and important science discussion about science but I just noticed that the HYK costume has little silver stars/snowflakes hidden among the sparklies!

You guys should give a close look of Otonal custom. We all know the King Origin has countless details...but when I zoomed out the Otonal custom picture, the only thing I can do is gasp.....

His costumes are beyond for sure- which I love love.  I think it has been pointed out that, especially during exhibitions, he stands out amongst a sea of button downs and regular street clothes of other male skaters.

What I find interesting is that he has pretty much worn the same style of clothes for a decade and still looks good and is still in style.  Partly cause his style is simple and youthful, but I think he also has a keen sense of what looks good on him.  We know he cares but he comes off as not really caring about his appearance off the ice. That's a very appealing characteristic.  Keep wearing those Armani V-necks Yuzu- it suits you.