General Yuzuru Chat

44 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Worlds 2017 Hope & Legacy has been deleted off Youtube... I'm crying. That was like my most watched video ever- I was so attached to it...

Now I'm scared ISU will delete my channel because of the YH Reacting to his WRs video... I don't want to lose my channel but I'd hate to delete that video

FTH...that's a crying shame :(

I had downloaded that video about 2 weeks ago but that's not the same as all the comments from people all over the world had gone as well... that is just so not fair!!

6 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

FTH...that's a crying shame :(

I had downloaded that video about 2 weeks ago but that's not the same as all the comments from people all over the world had gone as well... that is just so not fair!!

I agree, but I'm taking solace in knowing that it was viewed 3 million times, creating new fans,  and hopefully will be uploaded again.

13 minutes ago, Paskud said:

*whispers* GPF seimei from 1tvDance had over 4 million views:68811363:

Leave YouTube, lol. Go to bilibili, nicovideo and vk. That's our safe heaven :68556365:

Those formats are harder for me to maneuver through, but I think I'll have to learn. 

Youtube is turning out to be an abusive relationship creating emotional ups and downs.

I tend to choose difficult fandoms to enjoy. Jpop and Jdrama and now Figure skating. These groups love to stay in its niche despite wondering why their worldwide popularity is limited. Watch ISU try to launch a Cool-FS initiative in 100 years and it'll do literally nothing. :dry:

I'm. So. Angry.

This sport deserves better.

3 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

What should I do about this? Are only full performances being deleted? 

I think they only search videos from GPS.

3 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

As an aside...

Can I just say, these photos make me realize how hard these athletes have to work to get their final results. 

Yuzu's athletic form is amazing.

I'm not staring at him. Not at all :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

5 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I tend to choose difficult fandoms to enjoy. Jpop and Jdrama and now Figure skating. These groups love to stay in its niche despite wondering why their worldwide popularity is limited. Watch ISU try to launch a Cool-FS initiative in 100 years and it'll do literally nothing. :dry:

I'm. So. Angry.

This sport deserves better.

I think this blog post explains pretty well why FS will never be main stream.  I totally agree though that the ISU could do much more to make it easier to access content for potential fans and existing fans.

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2018/05/23/fs-why-figure-skating-will-never-be-mainstream-popular/

Poor Hope and Legacy at Worlds2017. First Fuji geo-blocked everything in that competition as they bought the right to stream it on the internet and now SBS seems to be taking down many FS videos including the ones not aired by them.

The performance itself can be seen in other channel or on other platforms, and many of the non-English commentaries can be found in the commentary translation thread, but maybe it's better to transcribe English commentaries as well...

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

This one’s still on 

Since they're deleting videos, I thought I would try an download this one because it's my all-time favorite skate ever. And YouTube won't let me download until I subscribe to YT Premium. Little f**kers. Trying to make money off a video they'd copyright strike in an eyeblink! 

Fancams are going to become our only hope at this rate ...

16 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I think this blog post explains pretty well why FS will never be main stream.  I totally agree though that the ISU could do much more to make it easier to access content for potential fans and existing fans.

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2018/05/23/fs-why-figure-skating-will-never-be-mainstream-popular/

Wow, great article! It hits very good points.

Though, yeah, ISU could do much better. I mean, Jpop and Jdrama could never be mainstream either, especially with all the people who refuse to read subtitles (and yet soak up everything from the West or other countries whether they understand or not), but the effort by the j-industry and ISU to make life as a fan even harder is appalling.

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Since they're deleting videos, I thought I would try an download this one because it's my all-time favorite skate ever. And YouTube won't let me download until I subscribe to YT Premium. Little f**kers. Trying to make money off a video they'd copyright strike in an eyeblink! 

Fancams are going to become our only hope at this rate ...

Try with this https://www.telechargerunevideo.com/en/

一小時前, ICeleste說:

The legendary one..

"The sea of flags from Japan. what can he produce? Lying in fifth place, surely a medal is within his grasp if he can skate anywhere near his top form"... :sadPooh:

1小時前, ICeleste說:

Worlds 2017 Hope & Legacy has been deleted off Youtube... I'm crying. That was like my most watched video ever- I was so attached to it...

Now I'm scared ISU will delete my channel because of the YH Reacting to his WRs video... I don't want to lose my channel but I'd hate to delete that video

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my favourite Skate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I watch it many many many times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :omg:

Although i have already download to my iPhone but i also want people to know how good Yuzu is in Youtube! oue 3M no. of view gone.............:sadPooh: