General Yuzuru Chat

I wonder, maybe Dai needing minimum TES may be why they are not announcing WC and so teams at the arena this year right after nationals, or maybe it has to do with the ? with Yuzu's injury. Not sure if a date or time has been set yet for the announcement. Just a theory.

Setting aside WC, what's the rules for skating in WTT? Does that have TES requirements? Dai could do WTT instead of WC and I think fans and skaters would love it, especially the younger JPN skaters skating as a team with a legend. But JPN takes WTT seriously and likes to field their best team there anyway so.

19 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I wonder, maybe Dai needing minimum TES may be why they are not announcing WC and so teams at the arena this year right after nationals, or maybe it has to do with the ? with Yuzu's injury. Not sure if a date or time has been set yet for the announcement. Just a theory.

Setting aside WC, what's the rules for skating in WTT? Does that have TES requirements? Dai could do WTT instead of WC and I think fans and skaters would love it, especially the younger JPN skaters skating as a team with a legend. But JPN takes WTT seriously and likes to field their best team there anyway so.

There's no on ice announcement this year base on Nationals's schedule in October.  For sure it has nothing to do with Yuzuru's injury and I don't think its because of Dai either. Some people think it has to do with critisim to JSF when last year,  top 6 ladies had to sat in a room with their skates on and wait for the OG/WC team announcement. Wakaba said its hard for her emotionally. 

WTT base on World standing/points and the team need to compete at WC.

3 hours ago, SuperMin said:

This is kind of sad.  A groupon sale for 4CC for front row seats.  I bet they are wishing Yuzu makes a surprise show.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-four-continents-figure-skating

I know. It's irritating. (The reduced prices, not Yuzu.)

Although actually, it's great if more people can experience seeing skating live.

I'm starting to hope Yuzu goes just to see how fast those tickets are yanked from Groupon and priced at $200 each. 

:yznotimpressed:

1 hour ago, Tee said:

I miss the SE back counter 3A+2T Rippon.

I miss 4T3A already, and I've only seen it once. I'm kind of starting to hope Brezina decides to go public with that 4S3A he bragged about at Helsinki and put it in a competition program. Why do I hope this? Because moving the sport forward and raising the level of the competition is what I want to see all the time.

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I miss 4T3A already, and I've only seen it once. I'm kind of starting to hope Brezina decides to go public with that 4S3A he bragged about at Helsinki and put it in a competition program. Why do I hope this? Because moving the sport forward and raising the level of the competition is what I want to see all the time.

Also: to make jump sequence a normal thing and (hopefully (?)) makes ISU reconsiders its value in the score sheet it's a long shot to even hope ISU reconsiders that but hey, one can dream...

@Anzi he might decide to go if his rehab went really well and he wanted to put in some extra competition time on Origin.  I hope if he does go it’s because he’s totally confident that his ankle is as good as it can be - otherwise I’d rather he rested it until that is the case.

16 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

@Anzi he might decide to go if his rehab went really well and he wanted to put in some extra competition time on Origin.  I hope if he does go it’s because he’s totally confident that his ankle is as good as it can be - otherwise I’d rather he rested it until that is the case.

Got it! Thank you so much! And yes, I totally agree with you. ;) 

I really find it difficult to understand those here who think Yuzu's chance of going to WC are jeopardized if he doesn't go to Nats.  There is no way JSF would not send Yuzu.  Not only is he the greatest opportunity for Japan to get a World gold but if he were not there there would be hell to pay from his fans in Japan.  Yuzu is JSFs biggest single moneymaker.  He can fill stadiums like no one else in Japan and he has the biggest international fandom of any current Japanese skater.  Moreover I can't believe P&G and his other sponsors have not gotten to the JSF and told them that Yuzu goes or they'll rethink some of their involvement with Japan figure-skating.  There's big money behind Yuzu and they will not let JSF leave Yuzu at home when Worlds come around.

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I really find it difficult to understand those here who think Yuzu's chance of going to WC are jeopardized if he doesn't go to Nats.  There is no way JSF would not send Yuzu.  Not only is he the greatest opportunity for Japan to get a World gold but if he were not there would be hell to pay from his fans in Japan.  Yuzu is JSFs biggest single moneymaker.  He can fill stadiums like no one else in Japan and he has the biggest international fandom of any current Japanese skater.  Moreover I can't believe P&G and his other sponsors have not gotten to the JSF and told them that Yuzu goes or they'll rethink some of their involvement with Japan figure-skating.  There's big money behind Yuzu and they will not let JSF leave Yuzu at home when Worlds come around.

I'm with you, but I don't think most people here think Yuzu's not going to Worlds.  Of course, as long as he is healthy he is going.  It's just if it seems like Dai could have gone if not for Yuzu, Dai fans will wig out.  Athough I gotta say, wigging out by Dai Ubers will happen no matter what. IMO

54 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

Mushroom Yuzu 3T(or lutz)2A sequence morphing into 4T3A.  It was all in his calculation.:gla:

You do realise what the further transformation of *that is right? [stares into the distance]

it's a joke, please don't take that seriously

1 hour ago, Anzi said:

Sorry to bring up this again:

I just saw some fanyu on tweet talking about that "Hanyu" impersonator, and I saw the pictures in which this person wore the 2014 CoC red-black Phantom costume to make fun...and someone said he even wore etude blue costume to do so (the one for commemorating people in earthquake )....

I don't wanna waste my energy to judge... I am just so speechless

I think it’s best to ignore it. Twitter has been such a dark and vengeful place this past week. Fans have been doing just as much to sully his reputation as that fellow. 

Let’s just drown it out with positivity. 

38 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I think it’s best to ignore it. Twitter has been such a dark and vengeful place this past week. Fans have been doing just as much to sully his reputation as that fellow. 

@SparkleSalad you and I...Zen...I appreciate your comments to avoid the pull to be negative. Positive energy from everyone is the better route.

46 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yeah I know... I am not angry actually

So sorry if it's inapporiate, already made it hidden.