General Yuzuru Chat

19 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

This bit of news is interesting ...

“Because Takahashi is not part of the national team program at this point, he won’t be eligible for selection to the team for the worlds. But that is just a side note, as the 2010 world champion made clear his goal for this season was to make the final group of six skaters at nationals.”

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2018/12/18/figure-skating/high-drama-nationals-return-daisuke-takahashi/#.XBjYL4pMGhA

So antis can’t say Yuzu stole Dai’s spot even if he places in top 3.  ( though they’ll probably say it anyway)

It is a bit crazy to think Daisuke may become eligible for the world if he podiums at the nationals because he doesn't have the minimum TES that ISU set within the eligibility for the world championships. Daisuke hasn't competed a single international competition this year so it's not realistic. If he wins the nationals and wants to go WC, he'd have to go to 4CC to pick up the required TES then. But I really don't think Daisuke is thinking that and I don't think he can beat Shoma to win the national title. His fans desperately want to see their hero wins I know but figure skating has progressed so much in the last 4 - 5 years and Daisuke knows that too. It is hard for even the current skaters to keep up never mind 30something-once-retired-come-back-to-finish-the-unfinished-business. He will have tough time if he has to compete internationally. What Dai didn't have is saying good bye to his fans in front of them to finally complete his competition life. I hope he gets that at the nationals rather than trying to stretch it to the WC that happens to be in Saitama Japan next March...:13877886:

Dai can't go to 4CC either - there's a TES minimum for that too. He would have had to do a GP or Challenger to qualify. Just more proof that he truly isn't interested in skating internationally this season, I think.

Not that it's going to stop people from saying stupid stuff about Yuzu stealing his spot on the Worlds team, but I doubt there's any way to keep that from happening. Best to just ignore them, probably.

11 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

It is a bit crazy to think Daisuke may become eligible for the world if he podiums at the nationals because he doesn't have the minimum TES that ISU set within the eligibility for the world championships. Daisuke hasn't competed a single international competition this year so it's not realistic. If he wins the nationals and wants to go WC, he'd have to go to 4CC to pick up the required TES then. But I really don't think Daisuke is thinking that and I don't think he can beat Shoma to win the national title. His fans desperately want to see their hero wins I know but figure skating has progressed so much in the last 4 - 5 years and Daisuke knows that too. It is hard for even the current skaters to keep up never mind 30something-once-retired-come-back-to-finish-the-unfinished-business. He will have tough time if he has to compete internationally. What Dai didn't have is saying good bye to his fans in front of them to finally complete his competition life. I hope he gets that at the nationals rather than trying to stretch it to the WC that happens to be in Saitama Japan next March...:13877886:

I find it hard to envision Dai making the final 6 at Japanese Nationals even, for exactly this reason. Japan has depth of talent on the men's side, too. It's maybe not going to be quite the bloodbath the women's side will be, but it won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination, even without Yuzu.

11 minutes ago, river said:

Dai can't go to 4CC either - there's a TES minimum for that too. He would have had to do a GP or Challenger to qualify. Just more proof that he truly isn't interested in skating internationally this season, I think.

Not that it's going to stop people from saying stupid stuff about Yuzu stealing his spot on the Worlds team, but I doubt there's any way to keep that from happening. Best to just ignore them, probably.

Antis gonna make noise no matter what so just think they are that annoying drain pipe keeps making gurgling sound in where they belong...

13 minutes ago, Lily* said:

Oh, I think it's Yuzu, Ohtani, and Tomokazu Harimoto, the pingpong playing prodigy!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomokazu_Harimoto

Sorry I think I'm wrong about Nagakubo san from Touhoku. I couldn't see the photo at the back ground so I assumed the person who took the photo was the 3rd Touhoku person! Thanks for correcting my mistake :)

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

It is a bit crazy to think Daisuke may become eligible for the world if he podiums at the nationals because he doesn't have the minimum TES that ISU set within the eligibility for the world championships. Daisuke hasn't competed a single international competition this year so it's not realistic. If he wins the nationals and wants to go WC, he'd have to go to 4CC to pick up the required TES then. But I really don't think Daisuke is thinking that and I don't think he can beat Shoma to win the national title

He could go to a smaller competition to pick up the minimums, though. Like Bavarian Open in February or Coup de Printemps in March if he's not going to 4CC. Looking at ISU website there's something called the "Mentor Torun Cup" in early January he could go to for both. Maybe he doesnt want to bother until he gets actually assigned to World's?

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I find it hard to envision Dai making the final 6 at Japanese Nationals even, for exactly this reason. Japan has depth of talent on the men's side, too. It's maybe not going to be quite the bloodbath the women's side will be, but it won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination, even without Yuzu.

I agree but I also think as long as Dai doesn't have a fall, his GOEs will be through the roof.  I kind of feel bad for Shoma since without Yuzu he is the top Japanese male and should be getting the attention.

In retrospect, I"m kind of glad Yuzu withdrew from JNats, so much potential happenings for the antis to use.

32 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

He could go to a smaller competition to pick up the minimums, though. Like Bavarian Open in February or Coup de Printemps in March if he's not going to 4CC. Looking at ISU website there's something called the "Mentor Torun Cup" in early January he could go to for both. Maybe he doesnt want to bother until he gets actually assigned to World's?

JSF won't assign a skater who doesn't have  minimum TES at the moment, at least I don't believe this because that's just not professional. Anyway I don't believe Daisuke wants to go to Worlds, if he'd want to, he would already skated internationally.

And seriously, why would you care about people that will say that double olympic champion and world record holder don't deserve to go to Worlds because he had to miss this one competition? Don't spare them a thought, be happier \o/

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I think this is a bit :offtopic2:so this is my last post about it...

Spoiler

When there's a will there's a way so it all depends on how much Daisuke wants to pursue it after all. It's going to be interesting one way or another. But in the end, JSF needs to consider who is most likely to bring the best result for Japan at WC. Daisuke at his peak wouldn't had an issue being chosen but that's quite some time ago and was in pre-quads era too so the emotions and nostalgia will have to be set aside.

For Yuzu, with or without Daisuke or whoever, will just do his absolute best at any given competition and circumstances. For JSF to not choosing Yuzu is just not an option. Yuzu is the current WR holder as well as the ISU world standings no3 and won 2 GPs and the goose that lays golden eggs (or cash cow or whatever) for the entire FS community. Can you imagine the outrage worldwide? The pitchfork leader would be ISU and JSF will suffer the consequences in the future if they did. People making noise do not have a say in deciding who gets to go to WC and that is why they're trying to make as much noise as possible. 

5 hours ago, SuperMin said:

We can and will wait for you Yuzu, take your time to heal.:hugs:

Wait.. is the Yuzu's latest announcement? Or is the same as his WD message?

I hope he can just block himself from anything that would impact his rehab. And just enjoy the Christmas without budren or Kuyashi

5 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Wait.. is the Yuzu's latest announcement? Or is the same as his WD message?

I hope he can just block himself from anything that would impact his rehab. And just enjoy the Christmas without budren or Kuyashi

It's day after WD on 12/14, just recent translation.