General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, SuperMin said:

Other athletes obviously admire him including Ohtani, but can someone translate the caption?:snonegai:

I can tell you that the second sentence starts with 'Tohoku', aka the region where Sendai is. The rest is a mystery...

Google Translate says the first sentence is "A wonderful person came" and the second sentence seems to be referring to the number of photos related to Tohoku at the exhibit..."Tohoku 3 shots!" ? I guess they mean 3 pics of Yuzu...

13 hours ago, Tee said:

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I can tell you that the second sentence starts with 'Tohoku', aka the region where Sendai is. The rest is a mystery...

Google Translate says the first sentence is "A wonderful person came" and the second sentence seems to be referring to the number of photos related to Tohoku at the exhibit..."Tohoku 3 shots!" ? I guess they mean 3 pics of Yuzu...

The caption says "An awesome person came (to the photo exhibition)" then "Touhoku 3 shot" (means Yuzu, Ohtani and Nagakubo Harimoto all  from Touhoku region).

ETA: Harimoto who is in the background photo is the 3rd Touhoku sport person.

19 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Btw, can anyone tell me if this photo was really chosen for tge exhibition or if it's a photoshop? What does the golden plaque say?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Duh7IjoUcAI2-dp.jpg

The gold plate says: Sports Category Award- Gold Medal 

And the caption says: Hanyu, thanking right foot.

its not a photoshop, but tbh I'd prefer them putting up a photo of the moment with a different angle.

someone took a picture with it and it just looks … weird … you know what I'm saying? 

This bit of news is interesting ...

“Because Takahashi is not part of the national team program at this point, he won’t be eligible for selection to the team for the worlds. But that is just a side note, as the 2010 world champion made clear his goal for this season was to make the final group of six skaters at nationals.”

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2018/12/18/figure-skating/high-drama-nationals-return-daisuke-takahashi/#.XBjYL4pMGhA

So antis can’t say Yuzu stole Dai’s spot even if he places in top 3.  ( though they’ll probably say it anyway)