General Yuzuru Chat

19 minutes ago, crystal said:

It's an easy way to be a nice person, show kind to anyone. However, as a yuzu fan, it's the right way to keep yuzuru's will first. He need privacy, especially at this moment.

It's entirely possible to do both, though. Like @SparkleSalad did, if you see something that you think is invading Yuzu's privacy, send the person posting a polite message, explaining the situation and nicely asking them to remove the footage. It's what Yuzu would do.

Seriously, the way some fans reacted almost made me feel ashamed to call myself a fan and be grouped with them. Is that the image we want people who don't know Yuzu to have of him? Some skater whose fans go ballistic at the slightest thing? Do any of those fans think that if Yuzu were to see someone filming him, he would rush over and start screaming at them and calling them a spy and very rudely demanding that they stop? He most definitely would not.

Maybe all of us fans should spend less time acting like defenders of Yuzu's privacy - and not only - and acting like we know what's best for him and preaching and more time trying to be as gracious human beings as he is. I think he might actually appreciate that more than people fiercely and aggressively defending him on the internet. Just IMO

I'm feeling extra sentimental today about Yuzu, and there's a song by Rascal Flatts which really struck me as something I probably want to tell him esp the chorus.

"My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you’re out there gettin’ where you’re gettin’ to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish..."

19 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

It's entirely possible to do both, though. Like @SparkleSalad did, if you see something that you think is invading Yuzu's privacy, send the person posting a polite message, explaining the situation and nicely asking them to remove the footage. It's what Yuzu would do.

Seriously, the way some fans reacted almost made me feel ashamed to call myself a fan and be grouped with them. Is that the image we want people who don't know Yuzu to have of him? Some skater whose fans go ballistic at the slightest thing? Do any of those fans think that if Yuzu were to see someone filming him, he would rush over and start screaming at them and calling them a spy and very rudely demanding that they stop? He most definitely would not.

Maybe all of us fans should spend less time acting like defenders of Yuzu's privacy - and not only - and acting like we know what's best for him and preaching and more time trying to be as gracious human beings as he is. I think he might actually appreciate that more than people fiercely and aggressively defending him on the internet. Just IMO

Well said. I’ve been shocked by the bad behaviour and mob mentality of some fans on social media this past week. Apart from being utterly unpleasant, such reactions are much less effective than approaching someone with respect and understanding.

Sorry to bring this thing up again guys

About that imposter Yuzurenai thing,  a lot of fans are furious with him on Chinese SNS Weibo, and are trying to attack him on twitter ( without much luck I must say, because of network limitations in China). However, what concerns me the most is that Yuzu wouldn't want any of this. Yuzu wouldn't want any scandals that damages his image, but he also wouldn't want fans to start behaving really rude on social media and making things go big. We do not know how these mimic artists are being viewed in Japan since it might be a part of their culture, and as much as we would like to voice our disapproval to any disgraceful behaviors, as a true Yuzu fan, please show some class and avoid doing things Yuzu wouldn't appreciate.

Don't even bother replying to this, I'm terribly sorry bringing this topic up and I just want things to die down quickly.

A report on the Sendai Mayor's Cup aired in a local news show

At the beginning of the competition, the mayor handed the surplus of the money donated for the parade in April to Miyagi skating federation as he wished to use it to support skaters in Miyagi. The mayor says she hopes this competition will be an occasion for the next generation of skaters to develop upon and to be able to compete internationally. MSF is planning to hold this competition annually.

I wonder if the skater in the blue-and-white costume is Mone Chiba :think:

ETA: Another news clip

The girl being interviewed in the clip:
"I'm happy that I could skate with more speed today. I want to become a skater who can deliver a perfect performance with no mistake.":tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

5 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

At the beginning of the competition, the mayor handed the surplus of the money donated for the parade in April to Miyagi skating federation as he wished to use it to support skaters in Miyagi. The mayor says she hopes this competition will be an occasion for the next generation of skaters to develop upon and to be able to compete internationally. MSF is planning to hold this competition annually.

Look at all these cuties! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: So heartwarming. What a wonderful thing!

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

This! :goodpost:
Being overprotective, rude and abusive is not something that makes anybody a "proper fan" and Yuzuru definitely wouldn´t approve such a behaviour.

27 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Look at all these cuties! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: So heartwarming. What a wonderful thing!

It's really nice to see that his efforts and part of the support he received resulted in a competition like this. As far as I know, a local competition held in Tohoku is very rare.

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Translation:

49 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

ETA: Another news clip

The girl being interviewed in the clip:
"I'm happy that I could skate with more speed today. I want to become a skater who can deliver a perfect performance with no mistake.":tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

When I see what Yuzu does for figure skating at not just on the surface level or the pointy end of the sport but at deeper and longer term like the foundation of its future - the younger generation, it makes me realise that it is already happening that his legacy is carried on through these young skaters into the future. Antis or gossips that had created commotion lately will not even make a dent on Yuzu's achievements or who he is and the legacy. These young skaters are the answers to all those people who refuse to see the true value of Yuzu's contribution to the sport. Nobody can deny the history that have been created and the future that are being created by Yuzu's skating.

We should not react to things with emotions that could create embarrassment for Yuzu or for ourselves. We really need to be wise and more level headed. Just laugh at antis but don't try to fight with them. Don't attack an innocent poster who happened to have captured the cave boy footage. Get reality check some time to see if your feet are still firmly on the ground. If you see 10 bad posts, create 10 good ones and ask your fellow fanyus to do the same. A bad cause will create a bad result so make a good cause. We don't need to be Yuzu's protector but just admire him even more! I'll choose to fight that way :angrypooh:

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

When I see what Yuzu does for figure skating at not just on the surface level or the pointy end of the sport but at deeper and longer term like the foundation of its future - the younger generation, it makes me realise that it is already happening that his legacy is carried on through these young skaters into the future. Antis or gossips that had created commotion lately will not even make a dent on Yuzu's achievements or who he is and the legacy. These young skaters are the answers to all those people who refuse to see the true value of Yuzu's contribution to the sport. Nobody can deny the history that have been created and the future that are being created by Yuzu's skating.

We should not react to things with emotions that could create embarrassment for Yuzu or for ourselves. We really need to be wise and more level headed. Just laugh at antis but don't try to fight with them. Don't attack an innocent poster who happened to have captured the cave boy footage. Get reality check some time to see if your feet are still firmly on the ground. If you see 10 bad posts, create 10 good ones and ask your fellow fanyus to do the same. A bad cause will create a bad result so make a good cause. We don't need to be Yuzu's protector but just admire him even more! I'll choose to fight that way :angrypooh:

Hear hear! :POOH:

...also, that's about my only reaction to the issues brewing lately, from that impersonator's brouhaha to the TCC snippet, since I reacted way late to those issues (and I don't want to bring it up again either :/ ). Good intentions are good, but one can only see it through good deeds, cmiiw...

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Agree!!!

Hi guys!

Just saw this on tweet. Cuz I don't know how to post tweet so I just quote:

"Ghishlain is with Cha , Brian  in Saransk... they know who they need to leave with Yuzu when he is under rehab"

----Hope and Hope @ tikudzi

It seems mama Tracy is with Yuzu now and hahaha here is one of response " BOrser and Ghislain can be sweet talked/puppy eyed, Mama Tracy cannot."

:english1: