General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Well...if Daisuke finishes in 3rd place then maybe but I don't know if he can podium there... I mean Shoma, Keiji, and Kazuki are going to be there you know?

I am very sad it is confirmed now that Yuzuru is still injured and he has to WD from Japan Nationals. I am only worried for his ankle. I know this is very sad for him to miss Japan Nationals 2018 again for the third year, a competition he wants to participate the most.

i don't care what the haters say about him or his WD, even if he is in good health and skate at Nationals, they still are the haters and say what ever their sick mind want to say. We can do nothing about it.

In the future, I hope Yuzuru will restrain himself in training, no quad axel or quad loop. I prefer he still skate and compete in good health than being injured.

I pray for Yuzuru's good health and happiness in new year 2019.

He wants the 4A. I'm sure he will want the 4Loop back too. These jumps don't put that much pressure on the ankle compared to Lutz and tbh injury may happen at every jump, especially after everything he already is through.

Ofc no one can be sure what he will do in the future, but given that 4A was his biggest motivation to continue... let's just say, believe in Yuzu. I hope he gets to do it!

Also Brian, please say something about how its going from time to time, okay?

So Yuzu is out of Nationals.  Will he skip 4CC?  He might just do so in order to be in absolute good form for Worlds.  I have a feeling he does not want to skate Worlds on painkillers.  He wants a drug-free skate to win and if passing up 4CC to take gold at Worlds is necessary, he'll do it.  Admittedly 4CC is business that needs to be concluded, as also Japanese nationals, but he can save it for the next season.  A 3rd World Championship right now is what I have a feeling is his primary mission and what greater stage than that can there be for bringing Nessie out of the water and onto the ice?  Retiring after that?  I have a feeling that's not in the cards.  Actually, while he's never said anything about it publicly I can't help but feel he'd like a season like his last in Juniors, where he got gold in every competition.  For him the best exit from competition would be a perfect season.  The ultimate dream season for him would be the 2021/22 season, winning everything including a 3rd Olympic gold and a 4th World Championship.

I'm so glad he's prioritizing his health/recovery. If it goes as predicted (in the sense of what we've been told about estimated recovery and rehabilitation time, and about the injury not being as bad as last year) then I do think Worlds is his next aim. I feel bad for him - like Brian has said so often Yuzu really just loves to skate, it must be so frustrating to be kept from it time after time. I think Yuzu has mentioned that it's limited what can be done for his injuries at this point due to not enough biological material being left to work on through surgery (sorry I'm having trouble saying that in English).

Retirement is such a hard thing to think about. Most of all his health is the biggest concern, especially if he wants to continue skating non-competitively afterwards and also just to live without much pain or many complications later on in life. No matter when it has to end, his competitive career will forever be legendary. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: But it was heartwarming when he declared he was not thinking about retirement yet, I think during the interviews after Rostelecom fs?

27 minutes ago, micaelis said:

So Yuzu is out of Nationals.  Will he skip 4CC?  He might just do so in order to be in absolute good form for Worlds.  I have a feeling he does not want to skate Worlds on painkillers.  He wants a drug-free skate to win and if passing up 4CC to take gold at Worlds is necessary, he'll do it.  Admittedly 4CC is business that needs to be concluded, as also Japanese nationals, but he can save it for the next season.  A 3rd World Championship right now is what I have a feeling is his primary mission and what greater stage than that can there be for bringing Nessie out of the water and onto the ice?  Retiring after that?  I have a feeling that's not in the cards.  Actually, while he's never said anything about it publicly I can't help but feel he'd like a season like his last in Juniors, where he got gold in every competition.  For him the best exit from competition would be a perfect season.  The ultimate dream season for him would be the 2021/22 season, winning everything including a 3rd Olympic gold and a 4th World Championship.

Personally I think Beijing could happen, but only if Yuzuru took a whole season off to heal his injuries completely (if this is even possible at this point)... generally I think a lot depends on how much his body will let him do. After second Olympics he wanted to skate for fun, as much as it hurts to think about a sport without him, I don't want him to fight through numerous injuries all the time... I already feel for him when I think about effect all of it will have on his body in 10-20 years.

And Yuzu might be dreaming to have a perfect season with gold streak (who of the figure skaters don't, really) but I think he's aware this one is the goal that wouldn't be easy to achieve with will and determination only, and mostly not because the competitors, but his health...

With all of this, I still believe that right now he he is working to come back and take care of the unfinished business :agree:

He already had a pretty good streak in 2013/4 - GP, Olympics and Worlds.  I know that it’s hard not to speculate about it all but we really don’t have any real information - press releases are worded carefully because of the way that critics as well as fans pick them over for significant factoids- we just need to keep being patient, difficult though that might be.

Remember what Brain said:

4A for Yuzu is moon, is star, is everything.

If Yuzu want to achieve this long-term goal, he must be more cautious about the current injury. I know some of you really concern about his direct announcement of  his painful bodily feeling. Me too. This indeed never happened before. But we also need keep in mind that now he learns how to speak of his situation rather than concealing it. Also claiming his pain makes his WD reasonable for those Japanese media, who tend to focus exclusively on his WD rather than the reason behind that.

Although my heart is...sigh...

So till the time he goes back, I will just keep my active posting on this thread. Because interacting with you guys makes me feel better.

love you guys!!! 

:grouphug:

I personally don't really care whether he adds the 4A (I know he wants it and if it happens great, but I'd prefer him healthier and continuing to skate).  I do hope he gets the 4Loop back so he can add back the 4Toe-3A.  I would imagine it burns a little that he got a negative GOE for one of his signature EX jumps- although it was a thing of beauty in an actual competition.

13 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I personally don't really care whether he adds the 4A (I know he wants it and if it happens great, but I'd prefer him healthier and continuing to skate).  I do hope he gets the 4Loop back so he can add back the 4Toe-3A.  I would imagine it burns a little that he got a negative GOE for one of his signature EX jumps- although it was a thing of beauty in an actual competition.

We need shrine 4loop, 4lutz and 4Axel up and make daily worship to these jump kamis. Begging them to behave well if Yuzu want to practice them.

I only care about him achieving all his goals (while being healthy of course), that's why he's still competing after all :)

I guess what I mean is, if he wants, say, land that 4A and say goodbye the same day, I will cry rivers but will be okay with it, if it is what he wants. We may not know half of his plans and ambitions though...

Yuzuru will do what Yuzuru wants to do. It has always been like this and will always be like this. He is taking time to heal and had made it clear that he wants to continue skating and that is all I care about because I know that he will do his best to make it happen, no one is more committed or dedicated than Yuzu. We can't know the future (as proven by the prediction game :biggrin:) so worrying will only stress us and Yuzuru unnecessarily  

Me, I will only pray for him and his health with no expectations because I believe that he gave me as a fan more than enough, and that it is all about him now. So, I will support anything he decides to do whether I think it is a good idea or not. What makes him happy and satisfied is what he should do, he is the only one who gets to decide what is worth it and what is not. He is not a child and he knows his body, health, dreams, and future plans and has proven time and time again that he considers everything he does carefully. I will trust him to do what is best for him, even if it is not what I think is best.