General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Slightly OT, but for any Canadian satellites lucky enough to have secured tickets to World's in Saitama, Air Canada just announced a seat sale for flights to Tokyo for travel between March and May of next year - ie during  Worlds. Thought I'd mention it just in case anyone can make use of it. 

Air Canada

I really really wish it is about JSF announcing an additional seat for Worlds, but no such luck. :13877886:

Yuzu missing Javi... this was NOT the kind of content I askef for :sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

also, I've found this interview floating on twitter :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg::201111231756430f6: not recent but just translated. thanks ot nanoka for translating:img_21:

http://nanoka12.tumblr.com/post/181049525431/exclusive-photos-and-long-interview-in-kiss

“I think Continues~ was a show that reflected my “roots”. As there was the injury to my right ankle, although I was not able to show a proper skate, I really feel that with the performances of the great skaters who agreed to grace the show, it became a wonderful show. Also, I respect them and they also gave me their respect.

[...]

The “roots” that were reflected in the ice show. Are these the same as the “origins” of his new programmes?

“For me “origins” and “roots” are slightly different, roots have the image akin to “scenes of my own heart, my own thoughts”. Receiving various influences from different people, leading to the me that is here right now, that is something I feel very much recently…I cannot be cognizant of the existence known as myself without the gaze of other people. It was a show that made me feel such things and view the existence known as myself objectively.”

Hanyu who smiled while describing the leisure activities that young men of his generation enjoy as a matter of course as something that is “greedy”. With consecutive Olympic victories, for him who has become the best skater in the world in both name and fact, this time he will skate “for himself” to the music of his favourite skaters.

:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

ETA:

Hanyu gave the programme set to the musical arrangement the name Origin. “It was a piece of music that made me begin to be engrossed in skating. I want to skate this programme while feeling the enjoyment of skating, the beginning of my skating life.”

“There is a very strong impression that Plushenko-san had skated to this piece of music. As it is one of his signature programmes, I had some slight feelings like not measuring up to it. During Continues~with Wings~ (13-15 April), I conveyed to Plushenko-san “Allow me to use this song”, and I received the words “Do your best” from him. The wonderful programme that Tribute to Nijinsky is, is also something that is extremely important to me. Therefore, I think it would be wonderful if I am able to complete Origin as my own programme which differs from that (Tribute to Nijinsky).

:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

I suppose I should stop trying to quote all the bits that I loved, I'd quote the whole thing:headdesk:

ETA2: apparently I can't help myself, I swear it's the last quote

His SP is to Argentine pianist Raul di Blasio’s Otoñal. Likewise, it is music which had been used by a skater Hanyu admires–Johnny Weir’s FS for the 2004-2006 seasons had been to this piece. 

“The arm positions during spins, the softness of expressions, the way to pick up nuances and move to music, landing positions and so on, it was the music of the programme that led me to perform with attention to each of these details.”

Were there other possible choices he considered? 

“No. (He said this decisively). [....] I thought “I must seek permission from both of them” (laughs). Also, as the reason for choosing this programme was just my feelings that “Because I like it I want to do it”, I considered with my whole being as to what meaning these two programmes hold, and how I can complete them as my own programmes while also respecting (the skaters and their programmes).”

39 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Yuzu missing Javi... this was NOT the kind of content I askef for :sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

also, I've found this interview floating on twitter :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg::201111231756430f6: not recent but just translated. thanks ot nanoka for translating:img_21:

http://nanoka12.tumblr.com/post/181049525431/exclusive-photos-and-long-interview-in-kiss

:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

ETA:

:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

I suppose I should stop trying to quote all the bits that I loved, I'd quote the whole thing:headdesk:

ETA2: apparently I can't help myself, I swear it's the last quote

...thank you so much for this. I slowly begin to understand why and how important Yuzurus ties to russian art are...why he somehow identified his roots to us here. Something he did not do before his second ogm in my perception, and I am so grateful he shares more of his inner appraoch to his sport/art now. How deeply he is thinking and feeling..I am so grateful and so impressed. I have no words. 

..I mean, it is increcible: I am sitting here, grasping a sense of his connection to russian heritage, and at the same time, he is so deeply connected to his japanese heritage...it is mindblowing, and I am rambling, sorry. I am just so impressed and have a slight feeling of having  a slight grasp of where he is coming from — now that he is free to express himself more free of the task of winning competitions  — as nice as that winning is..😄😄

It is just— that I have read so much about Nijinsky and his time.. and his importance to european culture..and in Helsinki I went to the japanese art project with the crows and the cycle of origins..I am still rambling, sorry. Will go to bed now and stop thinking and feeling!😊.

1 minute ago, Whee1000 said:

Awww.  I wonder if he feels kind of like the last man standing.  He's kind of alone out there now. But he still has POOH!!!!!

but Pooh needs special circumstances...  :dancingpooh:

"even Pooh-san has circumstances…(wry smile) It seems that without the forest Pooh-san will not come.(laughs)”

is there a forest nearby TCC? :pouty: