General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, dotsquare said:

Yes I'm definitely going to visit Ice Rink Sendai! Super excited

I have a suspicion that Ice Rink Sendai may be the biggest tourist attraction in Sendai.  If not, it's almost certainly up there.  Yuzu has put it on the map, not just for Japan but at least as far as skating fans go, on the world map.  I would not be surprised if Sendai in general has found itself on the tourist agenda of many simply because it is Yuzu's hometown.

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

With 'failing' I wasn't thinking about the result itself but rather Brian's feeling that he had let down his country. I remember a documentary, I think it was pre-Sochi, maybe where they asked him who could win gold (I think it was the doc with Patrick, Kurt and Elvis too, but I'm not sure) where he spoke about those feelings and that it took him years before he could look back and say that he had done his best and it was ok. Even if in that interview he had made peace with himself and moved on, it was sad to think about how that silver, that was a huge achivement in itself and worth celebrating, had haunted Brian in the past.

In general watching the Patrick&canadian men documentary made me feel for all of them :consoling2:

Spoiler

I think I saw a bit of that, and I remember thinking that it was incredibly sad that Brian felt that way, because that's not how he's viewed by fans.  And when it comes to the Olympics, Canadian men are always the bridesmaid, never the bride...talk about a curse of Canadian silver! It's no wonder the team went so hard for team gold in Pyeongchang. It was the only way for the men to get one...