General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, Shoma and Jason have to come first sometimes...by 0.06 of a point...

More interesting is that Shoma and Nate have such high scores on StSq in programs with +COMBO.

42 minutes ago, Sabrina said:

If Yuzu withdraws from Nationals could it be that he´ll be at MOI on the 25th of December ? I think that if he withdraws it might be because he might not be able to perform his jumps by then but at MOI on the 25th he will not have to perform any jumps if he can not perform them ! So could it be that he will be there ?

I do not know if this makes any sense !

Why they would invite him? They didn't in last years, they won't now. And he is currently in Canada.

3 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

This is NA media so...well the blurb wasn't that bad. Of course I looked if they would mention Winnie the Pooh and of course they did lol.

This is the same jurnalist who did that -> http://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/23564734/world-fame-100-rock-star-following-figure-skating-gold-medalist-yuzuru-hanyu

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All LeBron ever did was bounce some balls. Any fool can do that. Let's see him did a 3A going up for a dunk and then we'll talk. :hachimaki:

Lol, we'd better keep this only in this thread.

tbh, the basketball players also pay amounts of effots to achieve their goals. Like Lebron, Curry and Kobe these are the very athletes we should pay homage to.   

But certainly there is no such a sport can combine strength and aesthetic together as figure skate does and what makes FS so attractive maybe still attributed to Yuzu's achievements.

What I am surprised by this rank is in launched by an AMERICAN sport TV program. In this context, a non-western athlete can win over a insanely popular American sport star is unexpected. (Lebron is really what A people called legend)

Also, given the sport culture in US....the popular sports tend to be aggressive and masculine, like football and basketball. Yuzu in this rank is the only existence of the integration of softness and strength. Gymnastic can be taken into account but no so much as FS. Yuzu is just so prominent, and I'd like to see him in a higher place. 

28 minutes ago, Anzi said:

What I am surprised by this rank is in launched by an AMERICAN sport TV program. In this context, a non-western athlete can win over a insanely popular American sport star is unexpected. (Lebron is really what A people called legend)

You know what is unexpected? There is horse too. 

2 часа назад, Sabrina сказал:

we will see but I guess he will let us know by the end of the week , he withdrew from the GPF on Thursday before the GPF so he might let us know around that time again!

It's JSF that makes a statement, so we'll know when they decide it's time (even if Yuzu will say them beforehand), I don't think they feel like there's any need to hurry :shrug:

2 hours ago, Anzi said:

, the basketball players also pay amounts of effots to achieve their goals. Like Lebron, Curry and Kobe these are the very athletes we should pay homage to.  

Of course they work hard to get where they are. However, they don't have the character and integrity, honesty and general overall goodness Yuzu does, so to my mind he's head and shoulders above them. 

Plus, I just hate basketball in general (and NFL football, and soccer. I can tolerate baseball and enjoy hockey but most of the major league sports leave me cold). So I'm not inclined to be impressed by the sport's athletes. IMO rugby has far better role models and is way more entertaining to watch. 

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Of course they work hard to get where they are. However, they don't have the character and integrity, honesty and general overall goodness Yuzu does, so to my mind he's head and shoulders above them. 

Plus, I just hate basketball in general (and NFL football, and soccer. I can tolerate baseball and enjoy hockey but most of the major league sports leave me cold). So I'm not inclined to be impressed by the sport's athletes. IMO rugby has far better role models and is way more entertaining to watch. 

You know what... all balls seem dangerous to me :embSwan:

Hi everyone, new to the forum.

Just wanted to comment that there are comparisons to Gogolev and Yuzu with him being Yuzu's successor without the charisma.  Also how Yuzu must be so happy for Gogolev's JGPF win because they are both from TCC.  In my opinion, Yuzuru seems fiercely loyal (not having changed his coach since 2012 even through all his hardships).  Gogolev unceremoniously dropped Borser like a bad habit before the JGPF, de-listed him from ISU website as if he wanted everyone to know it.  Not sure how the Borser camp including Yuzu saw it but likely not positively.

Another amazing thing about Yuzu is he keeps coming back even after 2 OGM (which I love him for!!).  This is very unusual.  I'm almost positive that Nathan Chen would have retired had he won in PyeongChang.  I think if anything Gogolev will follow in Nathan's footsteps barring an injuries and adjustments to growth and all.

Just now, SuperMin said:

Just wanted to comment that there are comparisons to Gogolev and Yuzu with him being Yuzu's successor without the charisma.  Also how Yuzu must be so happy for Gogolev's JGPF win because they are both from TCC.  In my opinion, Yuzuru seems fiercely loyal (not having changed his coach since 2012 even through all his hardships).  Gogolev unceremoniously dropped Borser like a bad habit before the JGPF, de-listed him from ISU website as if he wanted everyone to know it.  Not sure how the Borser camp including Yuzu saw it but likely not positively.

Another amazing thing about Yuzu is he keeps coming back even after 2 OGM (which I love him for!!).  This is very unusual.  I'm almost positive that Nathan Chen would have retired had he won in PyeongChang.  I think if anything Gogolev will follow in Nathan's footsteps barring an injuries and adjustments to growth and all.

Welcome to the Planet, and there's a couple things you may be slightly mistaken about:

Gogolev is still at TCC, and Brian is still the head coach there. So technically, Brian's still one of his coaches. Lee Barkell works closely with Brian and the team at TCC. 

Also, Stephen Gogolev is 13. He's a little young to have "unceremoniously dropped Borser like a bad habit before the JGPF, de-listed him from ISU website as if he wanted everyone to know it." 

IMO it's a little early to be calling Stephen Yuzu's successor. Yuzu's still around, you know. No successors until he's done the r-word and stopped competing. Plus, if there is a successor to be named, don't you think Rika Kihara fits the bill a lot better? :snmouchotto:

30 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Great generalization, seriously.

18 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

Stephen is only a KID and it looks like it was his parents decision.

Please, let these young people develop in their own way.