General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, TallyT said:

I saw this on twitter today, has it been put up elsewhere? It's pretty.... obvious what they're saying...

Hmm... it's interesting, but I really don't know if you should read too much into it.  The rise and dip in the PCS do correspond to the cleanness of Yuzu's programs, and considering he had axel issues in Rostel, rules wise he really couldn't score too high due to the "major errors" cap in place now. The other guys' data also kind of correspond with their general cleanness too- though Shoma got lower than I thought, though you could argue that his weird 4S could count as a major error. But it seems, that should the trend follow, clean programs from the guys, would put Yuzu at around 9.6+ PCS avg, Shoma and Nate both hover around 8.7-8.9, and Jason should be around 9.2, Kolyada also around 9.0. Which is the same theme as we've come to expect.

10 hours ago, TallyT said:

I saw this on twitter today, has it been put up elsewhere? It's pretty.... obvious what they're saying...

So they're saying it's obvious Yuzu deservedly gets higher PCS?

In fact, what this says the most is that even for Yuzu the judges aren't afraid to pull his PCS down. He didn't start this season at the peak in form AND scores. In my opinion his programs got better at every outing. Yuzu when he is on or even near being on deserves higher PCS than Nathan and Shoma. If people expect him to be in the same range as Shoma and Nathan and make a fuss about it, then they are mistaken and it is laughable.

In fact, Jason has an almost even bigger hike and it's also deserved. Meanwhile Shoma starting off higher and then descending is a nod to the scoring at Lombardia trophy, or his later performances. For Shoma let's hope his PB PCS doesn't remain to be that. And for Chen, minus Japan Open he started his first competition on home soil with programs that wasnt stripped away yet to some of it's bones.

20 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

yeah tbh Japan's depth is greater than Russia's rn (although next year that might change), with 6 different ladies winning medals on the GP, and then there's also Marin who is a beautiful skater...

Rika, Satoko, Kaori, Mai, Wakaba, Marin, Yuna, Mako... and Yuhana will go to seniors next season:59227c768286a__s: