General Yuzuru Chat

11小時前, Moria Polonius說:

So anyway, I guess watching the GPF made me feel the Yuzu withdrawal quite acutely, so I made a clean edit of his Rostelecom skate. I replaced the final two axels with jumps from Helsinki. The result is a big ass zayak and an experienced eye will notice impossible transtions but it's as close to what Origin was supposed to look like as we can get before worlds. I know lots of fans are traumatized and don't want to watch the Rostelecom FS but it's actually great interpretation-wise. Yuzu never gives up and the whole thing is fierce throught, he even smiles widely before going into the mini-hydroblade. I've already rewatched it a million times while tweaking the footage and noticed so many details!  At 3:22 there's a sound effect like a sword slashing and Yuzu makes two movements with his right hand - not very visible because it's on the side that the camera doesn't show - up and down as if he were slashing a sword! And there;s that energetic forceful downwards hands movement that goes on the beat when he's coming out of the one-before-last spin. :heart:

I couldn't help myself and added a sound effect to the "mind blown" pose.:drama:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FfOHf1Eel1VhNot7wt94prvg9MSQcA0r/view?usp=sharing

Hope you guys will enjoy it! And if you want to show Origin to a casual viewer, it's a good option! I don't think an inexperienced viewer will notice something weird is going on if they are focused on Yuzu and not the surroundings, and you can always explain, "Well, he actually fell in the competition, do you want to see that version?" :grin:

Thank you, i love you add the 4T3ASeq, the euler combo

The expression of COR is better than Helsinki one, its emotional! (Of coz we have mix feeling due to the injury)

ina bauer is the one i like most!!!!! (it beaten RJ2 and Phantom of the Opera)

The timing of opening his arm are so powerful........word can't explain that feeling

i miss you zu.......:war:

14 часов назад, Moria Polonius сказал:

So anyway, I guess watching the GPF made me feel the Yuzu withdrawal quite acutely, so I made a clean edit of his Rostelecom skate. I replaced the final two axels with jumps from Helsinki.

Thanks! Though I'm OK with watching original CoR performance - it was beautiful despite the fall. And I love when we see more of that small hand movements - Yuzu has so much little details :10636614:

7 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yuzu withdrawal syndrome is a chronic condition known to be common among people who are used to witness "extra special" figure skating performances in major fs events on regular basis. The condition worsens when the suffer witnesses "okay" fs performances. Only known remedies for the condition is to hit "replay" button multiple times on the videos such as: ** insert your own choice of Yuzu video**

** My choice of video **

*squeal* It's my nth time watching but I still squeal :8788161::20111123175639e73:

8 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yuzu withdrawal syndrome is a chronic condition known to be common among people who are used to witness "extra special" figure skating performances in major fs events on regular basis. The condition worsens when the suffer witnesses "okay" fs performances. Only known remedies for the condition is to hit "replay" button multiple times on the videos such as: ** insert your own choice of Yuzu video**

** My choice of video **

You just speak on behalf my heart.

When I look at the calander...the February (if he will go for 4CC) is just so far away from now. And I don't know how to cope with the period of emptiness....I guess I would just rewatch Otonal and his previous programs a thousand times

53 minutes ago, Anzi said:

You just speak on behalf my heart.

When I look at the calander...the February (if he will go for 4CC) is just so far away from now. And I don't know how to cope with the period of emptiness....I guess I would just rewatch Otonal and his previous programs a thousand times 

On my behalf as well !

But even if we won´t see him compete until next Year in February or March we might see in January when he receives his Sports Award in Japan !

GPF is behind us, Yuzu's absence well-noted, but Junhwan at the senior GPF and Stephen at the JGPF kept the spotlight on TCC.  Upcoming late this month are Japanese Nationals.  Yuzu hasn't formally withdrawn from that competition so there is for us a glimmer of hope he might compete there.   Nationals in Japan are the primary means by which Japan's entries to Worlds at season's end are decided.  Yuzu doesn't have to participate, however.  As the current and two-time Olympic champion and with two World champion gold and two silver plus four GPF final golds, Yuzu is the number one men's skater in Japan.  I think someone from the JSF has already indicated that Yuzu's spot on the Japanese team is guaranteed.  If not there will be official word soon.  I think Yuzu might be feeling frustrated, though.  This would be his third straight Japanese championships that he's missed, the first from the flu, the second the injury that almost derailed Yuzu's Olympic gold and now this year's lesser but still disabling injury.  Yuzu must feel frustrated.  Also Shoma has to feel frustrated.  This is the third year in a row where a showdown between Yuzu and himself will not be taking place.

Then there's 4CC.  Yuzu has not gone every season but he's missed the gold on more than one occasion, making it just to the silver podium.  That is clearly unfinished business.  Might he go there?  As far as I know nobody speaking for TCC has said that Yuzu won't make it to either Japanese Nationals or 4CC.  There is hope for all of us facing the long run up to Worlds.  However, remembering last season's experience we can handle the long wait if that's how things will transpire.   We can all say about this wait - Been there, done that.

SO... I have been rewatching Rika's FS program since yesterday. And it is absolutely astonishing! I really enjoy her performance. The music piece is so impressive and her musicality is also good enough to interpret the music.

Then, somehow, I begin to imagine what it would look like if Yuzu was skating this music... I can't undo my imagination and I get so excited even just think how superpowerful he would be if he took control the music and integrated himself into it. He would be the God of Storm!

Join in me if you wanna!