General Yuzuru Chat

That giant fish makes me think of other non-Pooh toys that have rained down on the ice after a Yuzu performance.  The one that most sticks in my mind was at the GPF final in 2014 where one sees briefly just after Yuzu has returned to embrace Brian after his performance this huge brown bear dropping down.  The bear is almost as large as the boy who retrieves it.  It would be interesting to see just what kind of menagerie might have accumulated over the years following Yuzu's performances.  I remember also, though at which competition escapes me, where this one girl retrieved a fairly large green frog.  The thing to keep in mind is that the Poohvalanches have become now almost a ritual after Yuzu skates.  The ice will seem empty once Yuzu retires, not simply because of his absence, but also because of the absence of that silly golden bear.

7 hours ago, Sabrina said:

this video made my cry

I will never get over that footage of him immediately after the injury, skating around the rink and figuring out how to change his layout so he can skate a program that will win but be less damaging to his already-damaged ankle. We often throw around words like "superhuman" to describe him, but in this case they seem warranted. How can a mere mortal, and a 23-year-old at that, have the focus and the emotional strength to do that rather than simply dissolve in despair?

Yuzu's body can do things no other skater has ever done, but it's his mind and heart that make him absolutely untouchable and worthy of all the world's love and admiration. As I've said before, he makes me want to live like he skates. Thank you, and be well, Yuzu, from the bottom of my soul. 

:softYuzu:

42 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

I will never get over that footage of him immediately after the injury, skating around the rink and figuring out how to change his layout so he can skate a program that will win but be less damaging to his already-damaged ankle. We often throw around words like "superhuman" to describe him, but in this case they seem warranted. How can a mere mortal, and a 23-year-old at that, have the focus and the emotional strength to do that rather than simply dissolve in despair?

Yuzu's body can do things no other skater has ever done, but it's his mind and heart that make him absolutely untouchable and worthy of all the world's love and admiration. As I've said before, he makes me want to live like he skates. Thank you, and be well, Yuzu, from the bottom of my soul. 

:softYuzu:

And he skated that lay out without rehearsal at all! That’s huge and I doubt if anyone else can do that!

sitting in the arena at GPf makes me miss Yuzu very very much!:sadPooh:

24 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

And he skated that lay out without rehearsal at all! That’s huge and I doubt if anyone else can do that!

sitting in the arena at GPf makes me miss Yuzu very very much!:sadPooh:

Hug you~ I check Planet, ins and tweet every morning and realize I miss him so much!

:sadPooh:

10 hours ago, Fay said:

Can the Finnish fans somehow extract this video for the rest of the world to see? It’s about Yuzu and his fans, I gather. 

https://areena.yle.fi/1-50024565

Thank you! It is very good document about the fans. I downloaded it but I don´t want to put it on Youtube or any other video sites.

Mostly the fans speak English but there is two girls speaking Swedish. First girl (finnish figure skater) says how Yuzuru´s skating is entirely captivating and second girl admires his jumps. My Swedish is very very poor so hopefully someone can correct this. There is also the famous press conference lady (she is also a ex-figure skater) explaining the special arrangements for Yuzuru´s safety in the icerink and hotel.

I haven´t seen this interview anywhere. It is done after the free skate. Sorry for the low quality, I recorded it on my phone. Also, Yuzuru is saying how he tries to be healthy, so be prepared.

40 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

Thank you! It is very good document about the fans. I downloaded it but I don´t want to put it on Youtube or any other video sites.

Mostly the fans speak English but there is two girls speaking Swedish. First girl (finnish figure skater) says how Yuzuru´s skating is entirely captivating and second girl admires his jumps. My Swedish is very very poor so hopefully someone can correct this. There is also the famous press conference lady (she is also a ex-figure skater) explaining the special arrangements for Yuzuru´s safety in the icerink and hotel.

I haven´t seen this interview anywhere. It is done after the free skate. Sorry for the low quality, I recorded it on my phone. Also, Yuzuru is saying how he tries to be healthy, so be prepared.

Thanks for uploading!

46 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

Aw-w, the video is so sweet and warm *__* Thank you for uploading! Finnish TV did a great job :)

50 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

Thank you so much, the video is precious! It brought tears to my eyes!

There was actually a few of us satellites who were interviewed by Yle as well, but I actually don't remember them asking us for our names, just where we were from, so maybe that's why they didn't use that footage lol (Not that I particularly wanted to see myself on TV, but that was actually part of a super fun period before the Gala, and a memento of it would have been nice lol)

I'll definitely watch it more properly when I get home. Thank you very much for uploading!

2 hours ago, lajoitko said:

Thankyouu :10742289: this is such a precious video and they interviewed fans from all over the world :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: