General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I'm devastated and panicking now. My internet is slow and it takes like 30-40 minutes for one performance.:14066882: And now I remembered I still didn't save Nobu's YMCA! NOOOOO

:Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup:

I searched Meejung Hwang on Twitter and it seems someone started trying to download their channel a couple of days ago but I don't know if they were successful. I want to cry. :(

33 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

:Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup::Poohgaveup:

I searched Meejung Hwang on Twitter and it seems someone started trying to download their channel a couple of days ago but I don't know if they were successful. I want to cry. :(

I haven't watched this channel yet (maybe I have and I just don't remember ) and now I have no chance to watch them...

I checked YT for several times to make sure figure skating 2014's Yuzu H&L 17WC with British Uncles' comment is still there. This one got almost 3mils views... many of them are not fanyu but simply people who have no idea what FS is. They  are recommended to watch this majestic performance. I really hope the same thing won't happen on this video in particular. Non-FS fan people can know Yuzu majorly from the these high-rate program videos posted on YT. Don't take these treasures away from them! Please!

:sadPooh:

1 hour ago, Anzi said:

I haven't watched this channel yet (maybe I have and I just don't remember ) and now I have no chance to watch them...

I checked YT for several times to make sure figure skating 2014's Yuzu H&L 17WC with British Uncles' comment is still there. This one got almost 3mils views... many of them are not fanyu but simply people who have no idea what FS is. They  are recommended to watch this majestic performance. I really hope the same thing won't happen on this video in particular. Non-FS fan people can know Yuzu majorly from the these high-rate program videos posted on YT. Don't take these treasures away from them! Please!

:sadPooh:

They are certainly pressuring us to save quantities of content we would otherwise not be bothered with. Ugh. On the other hand, I guess it could be a good thing. I think YT is doing it in purpose to incense people and create discussion about that article 13 thing. Imo, they are trying to show people that even the content that should be free, won't be save to post anymore, so we would protest and do something about it. I get their point, but deleting all those accounts is really bothersome.

As someone who lived through the Great Disappearance of Megaupload some years back, I never take chances and always save everything. Also, content has always disappeared from youtube over time, though I guess now it seems more like a campaign. People often say that once something is online, it will never disappear, but that's not really true. Things disappear all the time, for various reasons, so the safest thing is always to save. I'm always amazed when people don't do that (although net speed is an issue; I sometimes have real issues saving from dailymotion and it can take forever and only works if I'm not otherwise using the laptop).

Sadly, I haven't had much time to save stuff lately, but generally, given how anonymous these accounts usually are, they'll be back. Possibly not for long, but they'll most likely be back, under different usernames, until they get found out again. And if not on YT, or at least not until things calm down again, then on other platforms.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:25 AM, IULIANA said:

Its worth reading, even with google translate!

Btw, do we have "Yusheng" in our Yuzu names database? Because Google translate certainly thinks Yusheng is a fitting translation. :rofl:

Edit: I just realized, do they translate Hanyu as "feather"? :surprised:

9 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

As someone who lived through the Great Disappearance of Megaupload some years back, I never take chances and always save everything. Also, content has always disappeared from youtube over time, though I guess now it seems more like a campaign. People often say that once something is online, it will never disappear, but that's not really true. Things disappear all the time, for various reasons, so the safest thing is always to save. I'm always amazed when people don't do that (although net speed is an issue; I sometimes have real issues saving from dailymotion and it can take forever and only works if I'm not otherwise using the laptop).

Sadly, I haven't had much time to save stuff lately, but generally, given how anonymous these accounts usually are, they'll be back. Possibly not for long, but they'll most likely be back, under different usernames, until they get found out again. And if not on YT, or at least not until things calm down again, then on other platforms.

Actually in mainland China, we also experience very often censorship and corecive elimination of online resource, majorly are unruled western TV shows....that are not in accordance with goverment's values and ideologies...Ugh....so I guess I am getting used to such incidents. But I could never dare to imagine if the deleting Yuzu's video happens on China's internet, like bilibli....I will be mentally destoryed....

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

meejung hwang deleted...

Noooooooooo!!! 

This channel was gold... so many full length comp, most of which I didnt even get to watch once!

I tried to save stuff over the weekend but barely scratched the surface, with slowish internet and so much content. There's so much I want to be able to watch/rewatch and not just Yuzu.... ugh I hate this.

5 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

Not just throwing a towel at someone, but specifically a white towel over someone's head is meant for dead people. So in throwing the white towel over his head, the person is cursing him, like a "I hope you die" kind of thing. (It makes me super sad and angry at the same time someone would do that to a teenager. The look on his face when he was standing on the podium at 2012 Nationals breaks my heart every time.)

Oh, that's so creepy! Poor Yuzu. It's hard for me to understand why someone would get so carried away with hate that they'd do that; it's only a sport after all. 

4 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Btw, do we have "Yusheng" in our Yuzu names database? Because Google translate certainly thinks Yusheng is a fitting translation. :rofl:

Since Kanji is pronounced differently in Chinese,

羽生結弦would be pronounced as Yǔ Shēng Jié Xián, instead of Hanyu Yuzuru.

Yuzu knows that BTW. He responses to fanyus who calls him that! ;)

5 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

I believe "Hanyu" means "where feathers are born" (I love the meaning btw - and I guess it's another reason why Yuzu likes to put feathers on his costumes) and Google Translate also often translates "Yuzuru" as "knot" or "string". I just had to laugh at the "feathers are knotted in the mushroom head of the Plushenko style".