General Yuzuru Chat

18 hours ago, Anzi said:

You are not the only one...I also got weird feeling before CoR. I got really anxious which never happen before both ACI and Helsinki. As he arrived Moscow, I don't feel good, which was ignored by me becuz the joy of his fantastic SP. However, before watching the stream of OP on the morning of FS, my instinct just... you know I felt so differently... 

Obviously I was the only one with instincts in a mode of blissful ignorance ;)
I was very anxious before and during ACI, almost biting my nails in nervous anticipation before practices and skates in Helsinki, but before CoR and especially after his glorious short program I felt just calm and happy.. Actually after SP I told to myself  - "finally I´ll be able to watch the free skates without being nervous, he´s in great form obviously, has a cushion of some 20 points already - what could go wrong, right?" Yeah right.. :doh:

With new Yuzu contents coming out, we still feel a bit sad about gpf WD as well as feeling a bit anxious about JNats and further comps. But I am not as sad or depressed as before about it. Yuzu will come back when he's ready and that is a definite thing. While I wait for that, I am going to watch all of Yuzu's senior competitions chronologically. As you follow videos one year after another, you can really see the progress he's made since he debuted in senior circuit back in 2010-2011. I'm using the PH own library of Yuzu videos. I love visiting this library whenever I want to trace Yuzu's skating journey.

I am also reading Brian's new book again and as I read through, my appreciation for Brian as well as the whole of TCC just got stronger. Yuzu couldn't have been the skater he is now without them. TCC's method of building strong foundation first in terms of skating skill then build other skills up from there was the right thing for Yuzu.  Also a private club means you can have strict control on everything and that can create the right environment for skaters to grow and flourish without having to worry about distractions. Media and SNS control is one thing that Yuzu needed especially after winning Sochi Olys.

I feel a real pity that this book is published only in Japanese. Maybe we can ask the publisher about the possibility of eBook in English. The book is based on Brian's own words that's being translated into Japanese so the original in English should exist somewhere. Having said that, I'm also wondering maybe Brian wants to publish the whole journey with Yuzu, Javi and other skaters one day with his own publisher so maybe having it in English may take a bit longer...

I just watched an interview with Javi on Spanish TV and they were talking about an imaginary film about his life. I'll translate the bit where Yuzuru is mentioned.

Interviewer: Now we have to choose the bad guy of the movie. Who would you pick: a. A half human/half-giant-lizard Japanese skater. b. Global warming which threatens to melt all the ice. c. All the roller skaters in the world.

Javi: I think I'll pick the Japanese skater. 

I: Well, the Japanese are so good at this sport. I mean, your arch-enemy is Japanese... what's that guy's name? 

Javi: Yuzuru Hanyu, yes.

I: Is he going to keep competing? Or since you retired, he said "let's retire together"?

J: No, he's doing very well now.

I: But he hasn't been on/made a Revolution of Ice?

J: No, of course not. 

I: When you annouced you were retiring, did he call you or tell you something like, "hey Javier, we were having a phenomenal time"?

J: ... No. I mean, *laughing jokingly* "If you want to break yourself, do it, for me it's time to move on to other things now" (TN: I think he means something like "my body can't hold up to keep competing anymore" since he was talking about that before)

43 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I just watched an interview with Javi on Spanish TV and they were talking about an imaginary film about his life. I'll translate the bit where Yuzuru is mentioned.

Interviewer: Now we have to choose the bad guy of the movie. Who would you pick: a. A half human/half-giant-lizard Japanese skater. b. Global warming which threatens to melt all the ice. c. All the roller skaters in the world.

Javi: I think I'll pick the Japanese skater. 

I: Well, the Japanese are so good at this sport. I mean, your arch-enemy is Japanese... what's that guy's name? 

Javi: Yuzuru Hanyu, yes.

I: Is he going to keep competing? Or since you retired, he said "let's retire together"?

J: No, he's doing very well now.

I: But he hasn't been on/made a Revolution of Ice?

J: No, of course not. 

I: When you annouced you were retiring, did he call you or tell you something like, "hey Javier, we were having a phenomenal time"?

J: ... No. I mean, *laughing jokingly* "If you want to break yourself, do it, for me it's time to move on to other things now" (TN: I think he means something like "my body can't hold up to keep competing anymore" since he was talking about that before)

lol. why half human/half giant lizard?