General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Victoria said:

Look like Elizabeth payton included her yuzu portraits on a book?

qyzqIP0.jpg

https://www.cornerhousepublications.org/publications/elizabeth-peyton-universe-of-the-world-breath/

Ok... if the author just likes the red phantom custom, then the pic of Yuzu during and after CoC FS competition is ok.

BUT WHY THE PHOTO WITH HE BLEEDING?!!!!!

This is too graphically frightening and stimulating..:10742290:

1 hour ago, Anzi said:

Ok... if the author just likes the red phantom custom, then the pic of Yuzu during and after CoC FS competition is ok.

BUT WHY THE PHOTO WITH HE BLEEDING?!!!!!

This is too graphically frightening and stimulating..:10742290:

@Paskud

Omg 

so sorry 

i didn’t see the pic clearly!!!

i don’t know the artist’s intention but that pic is too much!!! Of all the pics why picked this one???

26 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

@Paskud

Omg 

so sorry 

i didn’t see the pic clearly!!!

i don’t know the artist’s intention but that pic is too much!!! Of all the pics why picked this one???

Maybe it's the incident that made Elizabeth Payton start paying attention to Yuzu, like the incident made her realise his strength, and is the turning point of her becoming his fan or just admiring him. 

1 minute ago, Salior said:

Maybe it's the incident that made Elizabeth Payton start paying attention to Yuzu, like the incident made her realise his strength, and is the turning point of her becoming his fan or just admiring him. 

I read somewhere that how a lot of his Chinese fans came to become his fan. 

8 hours ago, Sammie said:

I read somewhere that how a lot of his Chinese fans came to become his fan. 

Indeed, such quality is very admired in the Chinese culture. Strength in face of adversity is a respected value that many aspire to embrace.  

The Chinese has the most beautiful quotes for Yuzu, like

"Fate whispered to the warrior: "You cannot defeat the storm."

The warrior whispered back, "I AM the storm".

And many more. Even the fans make very beautiful and poetic comments for him. Like this one is one of my favourite. 

1 hour ago, Salior said:

Indeed, such quality is very admired in the Chinese culture. Strength in face of adversity is a very respected value that many aspire to embrace.  

The Chinese has the most beautiful quotes for Yuzu, like

"Fate whispered to the warrior: "You cannot defeat the storm."

The warrior whispered back, "I AM the storm".

And many more. Even the fans make very beautiful and poetic comments for him. Like this one is one of my favourite. 

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this! I always admire the Chinese language for its subtlety and beauty! So inspiring!

Yuzu has such dedicated fans all because of who he is! And I’m glad I’m one of them!

I can see where people might find that picture... not appealing, that's not the right word, but not horrible either.  One of the things that many fans and admirers do feel for Yuzuru is very very protective, which can be seem from outside as {cough} overprotective, but it's partly because, despite the fact that he's tougher than 1000 other skaters put together, he does have a slightly vulnerable, sometimes fragile quality at times (you look at all the YT comments saying things like "protect this cinnamon roll/precious boy!)". Yet at the same time, he is incredibly indomitable, that soldier who is the storm. It's a mixture that anyone who's been in a media fandom will recognise from the most popular characters, it's powerfully appealing.

And here it's in a real person, with real blood, real tears, and real, raw courage.

I remember hearing the TSL broadcast just after the collision where the woman was going something like "I would have gone onto that ice, I would have scooped him up"... despite the face that even at that age, she (like the officials and poor Brian) would have been faced with his iron determination to do precisely what he set out to (the GS live thread for the collision and FS is full of the same thing)

The pictures of COC 2014, like the medal ceremony at COR 2018, bring that power and vulnerability into high focus, and push a hell of a lot of buttons. He doesn't mean to do it, and he's certainly not manipulating... it's just part of his charisma.