General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, TallyT said:

We are going to worry, but can keep in mind that he will get the absolute best medical attention and treatment that Japan can provide, no expense or effort spared.  He is too important to Japan to do otherwise.

And, of course, in Japan, he can get the "treatment of spirit" as well as body. That would be difficult in Canada.

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

On the other hand, I do agree that sometimes, some Yuzu fans can be a little oversensitive, but I honestly can't remember CBC ever being attacked for anything else. Most people appreciate their commentary and coverage, as far as I can remember.

well, there was that time last year where the CBC twitter account singled out a fan who was crying after the event had just finished. They sort of mocked them and then a whole internet fire broke out between people defending her and people making fun of her. The fact that the CBC twitter account (so not the actual company, mind you, this is just a guy or a team who represents the cbc online) has now twice tweeted something out in poor taste, making fun of us fanyus is definitely a little bizarre. 

I didn't get too fired up about this whole situation because honestly why should we expect anything different? Coverage on anything regarding figure skating is always gonna be dumbed down here because in north america we're all stuck in the whole "figure skating's a girly, brainless, 'sport', do men even figure skate competitively?? LOL! how lame"

not all of us, mind you, just everyone in charge of the news media outlets, it seems :crazyshit2:

15 minutes ago, salty said:

well, there was that time last year where the CBC twitter account singled out a fan who was crying after the event had just finished. They sort of mocked them and then a whole internet fire broke out between people defending her and people making fun of her. The fact that the CBC twitter account (so not the actual company, mind you, this is just a guy or a team who represents the cbc online) has now twice tweeted something out in poor taste, making fun of us fanyus is definitely a little bizarre. 

I didn't get too fired up about this whole situation because honestly why should we expect anything different? Coverage on anything regarding figure skating is always gonna be dumbed down here because in north america we're all stuck in the whole "figure skating's a girly, brainless, 'sport', do men even figure skate competitively?? LOL! how lame"

not all of us, mind you, just everyone in charge of the news media outlets, it seems :crazyshit2:

it's a simple fact that some Yuzu fans get emotional about him and cry. I don't see how you could write an honest news story about Yuzu fans and leave that part out. Why would covering it be considered 'in bad taste'? It's just being honest and truthful. 

The reality of the Yuzuru fandom is that, like any other human activity, there will be both good and and not so good. I see no point in hiding either one. What's in 'bad taste', to me, is trying to cover up or gloss over reality just because it's inconvenient. 

In any case, I don't see any mockery on CBC's part in this current video, and I haven't seen the other one. I have seen quite a bit of vitriol directed at the CBC by certain twitter accounts I follow, and it's really disturbing to witness.

The news provides no new info at all. :disdain:(I can't find the emoji I wanted to use??!!? Too many) :grouphug:  

Since I started superstition topic, let me end it...or if a new thread is necessary, please move?...Please do not read this if you don't care.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, ainjxx said:

can i ask how long is the validity of tarot reading? the person on tumblr who did yuzu's reading before did it around nov and it was pretty accurate until olys that's why i got scared when i saw her reading for this season. this time she did it last sept and we're still at nov and lots of stuffs alr happened

It seems to be 3-4 months. Let me tell you what I found out based on my research, everyone has a positive future reading (maybe not near future)...in English and Japanese.  The roller coaster destiny might happen again and again but he will overcome them one by one and become much stronger. This is our Yuzu, I truly believe our Zu's bright future. He is blessed, he is smart and he works hard. :D

17 minutes ago, salty said:

Oh, was that CBC? I remember that, I just did not remember it was on CBC.

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

it's a simple fact that some Yuzu fans get emotional about him and cry. I don't see how you could write an honest news story about Yuzu fans and leave that part out. Why would covering it be considered 'in bad taste'? It's just being honest and truthful. 

The reality of the Yuzuru fandom is that, like any other human activity, there will be both good and and not so good. I see no point in hiding either one. What's in 'bad taste', to me, is trying to cover up or gloss over reality just because it's inconvenient. 

In any case, I don't see any mockery on CBC's part in this current video, and I haven't seen the other one. I have seen quite a bit of vitriol directed at the CBC by certain twitter accounts I follow, and it's really disturbing to witness.

IIRC, that instance was them showing a Chinese fans in a Seimei costume crying and claiming she was crying because Yuzu lost to Nathan. When in fact, she was just crying because she was very emotional to have seen Seimei in real life.

I cried in Helsinki a lot and I cried at ACI and I saw many fans crying during the podium ceremony at CoR this year and showing them is fine. The problem is when you don't bother finding out why they're crying and just write an assumption as if it's a fact, especially when it's not exactly a positive one. I wouldn't mind my crying face being shown on TV (in fact I recently had the chance to tell David that HYK in Helsinki made me cry a lot and he seemed really happy about it, so the artists behind the performances that move people to tears really appreciate it). But I would very much mind if someone claimed I was crying because Yuzu wasn't clean or whatever. If they said: "Aww look how much fans feel his performance and how emotionally touched they are!" that'd be fine to me.

And you keep talking about covering up or glossing over reality and I have no idea what you're talking about because I don't think anyone here wants to cover up anything? We all freely admit there are good things and bad things about the fandom and Yuzu is not perfect and we criticize him just as much as we love him.

32 minutes ago, salty said:

The issue of the scene featuring the crying fan was inappropriate that time. This was because it looked like cbc was trying to twist the plot by showing fanyu crying due to someone else's win... (if I remember correctly...) This seemed to be on purpose because the fan was wearing a Seimei costume...

I am okay to trust cbc once that they were not on purpose, but this kind of things happen multiple times, so now I don't know...

I don't always watch cbc's version of Yuzu's programs but some of them are really good. so I have a complicated feeling towards cbc.

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

We all freely admit there are good things and bad things about the fandom and Yuzu is not perfect and we criticize him just as much as we love him.

If that's true, then why is there such a negative reaction from Yuzu fans (I'm referring to the wider fandom here, not just the Planet)as soon as a news outlet says anything about them that isn't perfectly sunshine and roses, even though it's true? 

I perceive, although I may be mistaken, that there is a strong inclination amongst some fans to pretend that the negative stuff doesn't happen, or at least that it's not the 'real' fans that do it. You are, of course, perfectly free to think as you wish, but that is what I perceive.

30 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Are you saying "emotional about him and cry" is not so good? I think this is the proof of how good our Yuzu is:winky: I admit that there are some bad things happening in Yuzu's fandom, but I don't like media (any media) to twist good things to make them sound/look like bad/weird.

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

It was in bad taste. That Tweet was not newsworthy nor particularly interesting and it was trashy to bring it up. Forget the fans, how would Hanyu feel to have such comments broadcast on CBC Olympic official account? Absolutely in bad taste.

The tweet was one small part of an entire video which was positive up til then.

4 minutes ago, SSS said:

Are you saying "emotional about him and cry" is not so good? I think this is the proof of how good our Yuzu is:winky: I admit that there are some bad things happening in Yuzu's fandom, but I don't like media (any media) to twist good things to make them sound/look like bad/weird.

No, I 'm saying that it's a true fact that people cry over him. The 'not so good' is referring to other things. Like fans finding his family's house in Sendai and bothering the neighbors and such, as has happened in the past.