General Yuzuru Chat

I'm finally back at home... what an emotional rollercoaster in Moscow... I also had some words to get out of my mind, so under spoiler because it is a little bit long! 

Spoiler
On 18/11/2018 at 18:50, paminess said:

Planet Hanyu is also extra <3<3<3

amazing :clapping-smiley:

On 19/11/2018 at 0:44, LadyLou said:

aw, thank you fellow satellites:10742289:

when I saw it on screen I though 'what a beautiful message, it could be from the Planet':10636614: and it was!:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

thank you thank you:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

On 19/11/2018 at 3:47, freeyafanfan said:

Oh my, I saw this in the VC broadcast yesterday cause the camera showed it a few times :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: I didn't know it was from the planet! Thank you to you guys, it was very beautiful :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'm sitting in the plane after three heavy emotional days at CoR. I thought it might be the right moment to write a little bit about this experience... 

First of all, I want to say thank you to all satellites who were at CoR, without you guys, I don't know how I would have possibly make it through, and I'm not only speaking about the sorrow on Saturday but about the Friday as well, when we meet after the SP and hugged and laughed and screamed together. What a blessing to have you all to share these emotions!!! Thank you for being so kind and welcoming:10742289:

I planned this trip with so much love, joy and care...alone fighting for tickets was an experience it self and I will always have a trauma thanks to parter.ru... it felt sooo not real getting to the airport and then taking off to Moscow...I had organized two goats (thank you  @sallycinnamon!!) and had in my luggage two Winnie the Pooh and three banners for Yuzu. I just wanted to contribute to show how beloved he is, not only in Japan but also in other countries. Therefore I choose my two country flags (I have two nationalities) and let print his name and a heart on them. 

I arrived on Friday at 2:30 am to Moscow and it was already 4:30 when I checked in at the hotel. I knew I would not sleep because I had to leave early for the practice, so I didn't even try to. All nervous I made it later to the arena and to my surprise the security asked me to display my banners to control them. So I did it and suddenly someone asked me: are you Yuzu_legend? Hahaha...not even 5 minutes and @yuzuangel had already found me!!! What a joy not to be alone!! :68556365:

The practice started and to see him for the very first time was incredible:13877886:. He moves so fast and smooth, elegant and strong at the same time...and his jumps are so beautiful...:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:.... I LOVED it but the minutes felt like seconds to me...and way too soon the practice was over. In the afternoon, when the competition started with the first group I was so happy. I tried to recognize the jumps and was really able to enjoy and wasn't nervous at all. For the second group I was nervous but not in a negative way, more like I couldn’t wait for to see him again and to see his costume...and then he was there, looking just as gorgeous as he sees on TV...and Otonal's costume is really a thing of beauty...so incredible shiny with the blue in contrast to his skin and black hair. And then he skated :2011112318014775d::11135030:and it feels now like I don't have any memory of it, so dreamlike, beautiful and bright it was...and he smiled again, he was really happy and it meant the world to me!! It was a real privilege to be there!

Meeting the other satellites after the SP was such a beautiful moment for me. It felt so good to share the same love and happiness!!  Then I watched the pairs, went for some food and got back for the ladies. Back at the hotel I could not fell sleep despite being wake up for almost 36 hours...and then I did and suddenly I woke up with a strange feeling since the room was pretty bright ...and to my horror I discovered that I had overslept :10640793: and Yuzu's practice just had finished...and then it all started...

First thought was "I must be the worst fan ever":14066882:...I mean, seriously, who oversleeps a Yuzu's practice:animated-smileys-cheeky-041:??!!! Then I thought, ok, maybe better, otherwise I would have collapsed before the FS...and then I opened the forum and I could not believe what I was reading ...I felt like fate decided to spare me from seeing Yuzuru falling...:sadPooh:

Thus worried but still trusting it would be ok (silly me), I joined the others in the arena and when he stepped into the rink like the most powerful Emperor Overlord he is and Origin started, I truly did not realize at all his ankle was injured and I was so happy!!. Though I got a little bit confused because of the layout but figured out, he had changed it due to the fall. Then he failed the triple Axel I knew he was not ok, yet never imagined it was that bad. I just can say that I did enjoy his performance, of course not the falls but the passion and determination I saw in his eyes...he is strong guys, stronger than anyone of us or probably all together. He was not afraid or did hesitate and I have so much respect for him!

As many persons did, we also felt the urge to let him know that he's so beloved and that we support him no matter what. And there you had us on Sunday morning (thank you @Mastyaeva and @sallycinnamon!!) writing the message for him and I am so glad it was showed during the VC!! To me it felt like a therapy for my heart, because we put so much love in those words and while making it, I was really thinking about how many persons from so many countries we are in this forum and the love we share. Those words truly carried the love and best wishes from each one of the satellites here on the Planet!!   

So let's stay positive and send him all the good vibe he needs to recover!!!!

:snpeace:

On 19/11/2018 at 3:12, Paskud said:

No. Nononono. We can't cry. Now is the most important moment, when we have to be strong and believe in him. He doesnt't need our worries, because when we are worried he is worried because of us and I don't want to be burden to him. In this hard time he doesn't need our tears but our prays and support, and love, and positive vibes. Because that gives him strength. He is experienced. He knows what to do. He will come back. He always comes back.

:iagree: 

and now i'll go sleep...night guys! :bed:

I miss Yuzu already. I hope he's resting well and doing all the needed treatments. I hope he gets to play lots of video games and listen to his fave music. Also, finish you uni already! Kidding!

I'd also like to wish Mama Hanyu a braver and stronger heart. I can't imagine how she's feeling right now. They say a mother's pain is twice her child's. I guess having nerves of steel run in the family, eh?

For Brian and TCC, I hope they never give up on Yuzu, just how he never gave up on training with them despite missing home so much. Yuzu may seem distant and closed up at times, but I know that he loves all of them like family. I'll hold on to Brian's words that he'll move forward with Yuzu no matter what.

I think with all the speculation and rumors that something might be said about how Yuzu is dealing with this latest setback.  First, Yuzu quite obviously learned from last season's disaster.  This time he took to crutches right away and even set a precedent, I think, by receiving his medal on crutches.  Has any figure skater ever done that before?  Has any athlete ever done that before?  Secondly, I think we should be prepared for a news blackout similar to that TCC instituted last season.  We won't hear anything until Yuzu decides things can be heard.  Third, Yuzu scores so much on his programs without all the different quads and if his ankle will handle it he'll skate a diminished program relying on his PCS points, GOES and perfect skating of that level of skating his ankle permits.  Finally, and this is very speculative, I think if Yuzu has to make a choice between GPF and Japanese nationals he'll opt for GPF, since that is a competition which, until last year, Yuzu owned.  He'd like to get that ownership back.   As far as GPF is concerned, with the competition just three weeks after Moscow, he'll be hard-pressed to work a miracle but he had plenty of practice last year after his disastrous fall in nursing himself back to getting on the ice and finally flying above the ice.  If he has his programs as hard-wired in his mind as he did those of last season and his injury is significantly less serious than last year's, with those programs truly fresh in his mind three weeks might be enough to make him competitive in Vancouver.  We'll have to wait and see.

I miss Yuzu too.

If he was able to skate this well in the FS, then his injury can’t be that bad? (It should be much better than last year?).  If his ankle was severely busted than he probably wouldn’t be able to move his ankle at all, let alone skate and do quads with +5 GOEs?  The crutches must be him just learning to be cautious this time around?

(someone please say “Yes” to all of the above).

I was thinking about him today while driving home from work, thinking how much he has sacrificed for his love of skating.  Being away from his country and family for so many years.  I was wondering whether I would wish that he would just retire so that he can go back to live in Sendai with his family, perhaps fall in love with a nice girl, and do his own brand of skating shows around Japan, and not having to worry about getting injured by pushing his body so hard.  That would give him another type of happiness.  But now, the happiness he gets from competition, challenging his limits, and moving forward the sport of figure skating is bigger.  So whatever he wants to do, I just will fully support him.

The next time we see him skating to “May Spring Come” we will all be such an emotional mess!!  It will have soooo much feels....